This morning when i switched on the Leben I heard 2 popping sounds within 10 Seconds with smoke starting to come up from underneath the amp. I immediately switched off the Leben and tested the tubes...both tubes on the right channel were dead with the left channel still testing strong. (The right channel tubes have always worn out a lot quicker than the left channel on my Leben...not sure why?)
I then started investigating any other signs of damage. Underneath the amp I found a burnt resistor...100ohm I think. Other than that I could not find any visible signs of damage. Is there anything else i should be looking for?
I have attached a couple of image for reference. The resistor below the "BLOWN RESISTOR" text is the only one that seems to have been damaged.
Before I proceed with the repairs I have a few questions. I am keen to get inputs / insights from the head-fi community.
- Can anyone tell what brand of resistors (blue ones) are used in the Leben CS300X? Where can I buy them online?
- What is the wattage of the damaged resistor?
- Looking at the corresponding resistor on the left channel looks like the blown resistor is 100ohm 1% tolerance. Can anyone confirm this?
- If I cannot find the same resistors; what are the good or better alternatives?
- Given that the right channel tubes wear out quickly on my Leben; are there any other problems that I should be looking into?
- Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Look forward to your responses.