Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott,... - Page 28  

post #406 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Ever been to a meet where both Jude and Tyll were there?

 

You're welcome.  smile.gif

Canjam 2009 LAX Hilton.

 

It is looking more and more like i will make it in the afternoon, just have to confirm that my work sched has been changed.  Don't know if there is anything i want to see or hear at this point except maybe the ews11 but i should sell my Fostex HP-P1 so maybe i will bring it in case anyone is interested.  Should is a funny word though of course........  I have way to many portable option.

post #407 of 665
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictransducer View Post

Two questions for anyone who knows:

 

(2)  Similarly, will the meet be a place where I could try out amps to use with my AKG K1000s?  These don't work with regular headphone amps, so I'm unsure about this.

 

Yes, bring them! There will be suitable amps, among them the DNA Stratus.

post #408 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictransducer View Post

Two questions for anyone who knows:

 

(1)  I want to purchase an iDevice compatible DAC.  Probably some version of the AlgoRhythm Solo, but I'd be open to alternatives if there are any.  Would the meet be a place where I could experiment with portable DACs to help me decide which to buy?  Or would it be better to buy a DAC before the meet.

 

(2)  Similarly, will the meet be a place where I could try out amps to use with my AKG K1000s?  These don't work with regular headphone amps, so I'm unsure about this.

I'm going to be bringing a modified Bravo, a little $79 headphone amp that has enough power to drive even speakers. With mods it's a gem. The only problem is that I'll need some kind of convertor from AKG K1000 4-pin XLR to 1/4" TRS. Maybe someone has one, or I can work up one.

 

That also reminds me... what connector does the HE6 use?  Maybe the Bravo can drive one of those.

 

Mike

post #409 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictransducer View Post

Two questions for anyone who knows:

 

(1)  I want to purchase an iDevice compatible DAC.  Probably some version of the AlgoRhythm Solo, but I'd be open to alternatives if there are any.  Would the meet be a place where I could experiment with portable DACs to help me decide which to buy?  Or would it be better to buy a DAC before the meet.

 

(2)  Similarly, will the meet be a place where I could try out amps to use with my AKG K1000s?  These don't work with regular headphone amps, so I'm unsure about this.

 

I was planning on bringing the Emotiva a-100 that I picked up off of Hiyono recently. That should have more than enough power if you want to give it a whirl. I just have to find someone that wants to stick it on their table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1127 View Post

I'm going to be bringing a modified Bravo, a little $79 headphone amp that has enough power to drive even speakers. With mods it's a gem. The only problem is that I'll need some kind of convertor from AKG K1000 4-pin XLR to 1/4" TRS. Maybe someone has one, or I can work up one.

 

That also reminds me... what connector does the HE6 use?  Maybe the Bravo can drive one of those.

 

Mike

 

I'll have the Emotiva running from the speaker taps to a female 4-pin, then an with a male 4-pin to 1/4" adapter. Anyone could use the adapter if they like (just have to find a little time to finish making it). 

post #410 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

 

I was planning on bringing the Emotiva a-100 that I picked up off of Hiyono recently. That should have more than enough power if you want to give it a whirl. I just have to find someone that wants to stick it on their table.

 

I'll have the Emotiva running from the speaker taps to a female 4-pin, then an with a male 4-pin to 1/4" adapter. Anyone could use the adapter if they like (just have to find a little time to finish making it). 

 

Hiyono also has a 4 pin to spades adapter that we can use.

post #411 of 665

Anyone going that can make me a 30 pin to 1/8" stereo plug LOD that wont cost $100-200????   LOL

 

I'd make my own but my eyes would bug out trying to solder those small pins

post #412 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neccros View Post

Anyone going that can make me a 30 pin to 1/8" stereo plug LOD that wont cost $100-200????   LOL

 

I'd make my own but my eyes would bug out trying to solder those small pins

 

I see how it is, sacrifice our eyes instead of yours. I got my eye on you ph34r.gif.

post #413 of 665

I just canceled my flight so I definitely won't be making it now. But my offer for sending out my AD2KX and/or TH900 still stands, though I'm not sure who to send them to. Any reputable Head-Fiers who want to volunteer taking care of them and shipping them back? (Return shipping won't be covered though.) Would allow the Head-Fier to borrow them too for an in-home trial period of about 1 week.

 

Btw, if it wouldn't be too much to ask, any chance of next year's SoCal meet being at an LAX hotel? The distance & lack of easy accessibility from LAX ended up being a significant factor for me in deciding to cancel my trip. I know that's not a factor for those who live in SoCal, but as an out-of-state traveler it resulted in certain logistical difficulties.

 

In any case, looks like you guys will have a very successful meet and I'm sure it'll be a great time for everyone. Wish I could've been able to make it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
Ever been to a meet where both Jude and Tyll were there?

 

You're welcome.  smile.gif

 

No offense intended here whatsoever, and this is just me being semi-snarky, but I kinda feel like I'm in the land of the meet newbies here. I've seen Jude and Tyll at the National Meets 2006-2010 and CanJam@RMAF 2009-2012. tongue.gif


Edited by Asr - 7/6/13 at 12:45am
post #414 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictransducer View Post

(2)  Similarly, will the meet be a place where I could try out amps to use with my AKG K1000s?  These don't work with regular headphone amps, so I'm unsure about this.

 

I'm bringing an RSA DarkStar to the meet.  It has balanced outs and MORE than enough juice for those K1000's I believe.

 

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Ever been to a meet where both Jude and Tyll were there?

 

Originally Posted by dallan View Post

 

Canjam 2009 LAX Hilton.

 

Originally Posted by Asr View Post

 

No offense intended here whatsoever, and this is just me being semi-snarky, but I kinda feel like I'm in the land of the meet newbies here. I've seen Jude and Tyll at the National Meets 2006-2010 and CanJam@RMAF 2009-2012. tongue.gif

 

Well I'm talking about meets outside of CanJam of course... wink.gif  Technically, they both do CES as well, but that's not a local meet (or meet of any kind) either.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

I just canceled my flight so I definitely won't be making it now. But my offer for sending out my AD2KX and/or TH900 still stands, though I'm not sure who to send them to. Any reputable Head-Fiers who want to volunteer taking care of them and shipping them back? (Return shipping won't be covered though.) Would allow the Head-Fier to borrow them too for an in-home trial period of about 1 week.

 

First of all, frown.gif.  Would have been nice to meet and hang with some more experienced Head-Fiers (i.e. before my time).

 

Secondly, that is a very kind and gracious offer.  If no one else will step up to the plate, I'd be happy to take you up on that.  smile.gif

 

But really, anyone else out there want a chance to audition a TH900?  iPodPJ?  Wanna see if the TH900 can dethrone your HD 800?

post #415 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Ever been to a meet where both Jude and Tyll were there?

 

Lots. We were both at the New York meet a year and a half ago. A couple of Chicago meets. Every national meet, but prolly quite a few just regular old meets. 

post #416 of 665
Thread Starter 

Folks, a few "housekeeping" notes:

 

 

1. We are finalizing the table setup this week. If you need space and don't see any allocated next to your name in post #2 of this thread let me know ASAP!

 

2. If you plan on bringing a +1 (or more), please PM me with their names. We're finalizing the attendee list for name badges this week and want to be able print out as many of them as possible prior to the meet.

 

3. If you are hosting gear at a table, DON"T FORGET YOUR EXTENSION CORDS AND POWER STRIPS.

post #417 of 665

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictransducer View Post

 

(2)  Similarly, will the meet be a place where I could try out amps to use with my AKG K1000s?  These don't work with regular headphone amps, so I'm unsure about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post

=o bring your akg 1k's to the meet

 

+1 Please bring your K1000s to the meet! I'd love to try them if that's ok with you.

post #418 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictransducer View Post

 

(2)  Similarly, will the meet be a place where I could try out amps to use with my AKG K1000s?  These don't work with regular headphone amps, so I'm unsure about this.

 

I drive my K1000's with a Lyr, it works fine.  I have an adapter that lets me connect them.  I will plan to bring it with me.

I wasn't going to bring my Lyr because there are others coming.

 

Randy

post #419 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Ever been to a meet where both Jude and Tyll were there?

 

Lots. We were both at the New York meet a year and a half ago. A couple of Chicago meets. Every national meet, but prolly quite a few just regular old meets. 

 

Okay, let me further restrict the conditions to L.A., since a bunch of us don't get to make it out to NY and Chi very often.  Just sayin', gonna be a great meet!  BTW, thanks for backing' me up there buddy!  wink.gif  LOL!  biggrin.gif

 

Oh hey Tyll, we should probably talk about setting up a dedicated time for you to talk about the thing.  I can imagine that some people - while auditioning cans - would get a little PO'd about there being an announcement in the middle of a listening session.  Might also be nice to have that dedicated time set aside, so people can plan their listening/lunch/etc. around it.

post #420 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neccros View Post

Anyone going that can make me a 30 pin to 1/8" stereo plug LOD that wont cost $100-200????   LOL

I'd make my own but my eyes would bug out trying to solder those small pins
BTG Audio?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills