or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW . - Page 9

post #121 of 3412
I'm still waiting for my local shop go get their second batch and listen to it again, hope it will come with the iem card this time.
post #122 of 3412
i suppose that cannot be used as a usb dac without the docking station and won't change via usb right ?
post #123 of 3412
is a wonderful dap but if they don't sort the build quality it won't be for me.
i.read somewhere that is.made of carbon fiber ?
Edited by musicday - 5/24/13 at 12:37am
post #124 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

is a wonderful dap but if they don't sort the build quality it won't be for me.
i.read somewhere that is.made of carbon fiber ?

If it is made of carbon fober, they have my wallet.

 

Also I think, if I am not mistaking, you can use directly from usb port as a usb dac. I am not sure though, I believe someone can explain better.

post #125 of 3412

AnakChan posted this photo in the other 901 thread:

... and tupac0306 posted this:

 

If I remember correctly the connector(s) that comes with the HM-901 will make it work as USB DAC without the stand / dock.

post #126 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

 

 

If I remember correctly the connector(s) that comes with the HM-901 will make it work as USB DAC without the stand / dock.

Well, Lars thank you very much. I am not sure if I would buy it in EU with 1250 euros price tag, but it is a wonderful rival against AK120.

 

I have a question though. We all know DX100 has incredible amount of juice and drive phones like HD800, LCD-2 and all. Can HM901 will be able to drive like that? Let's say, up to 600 ohm impedance?

post #127 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

I have a question though. We all know DX100 has incredible amount of juice and drive phones like HD800, LCD-2 and all. Can HM901 will be able to drive like that? Let's say, up to 600 ohm impedance?

The 901 has several amp boards. It will have the capability to drive many phones and do it well. 

post #128 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Well, Lars thank you very much. I am not sure if I would buy it in EU with 1250 euros price tag, but it is a wonderful rival against AK120.
...

Why buy it in the EU when you can buy it from Head-Direct (when it gets available)?

I live in Europe as well and buy stuff on the internet wherever I find the best offer - including head-fi gear.

post #129 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

i suppose that cannot be used as a usb dac without the docking station and won't change via usb right ?


It won't charge via usb port.

Why would you use it as a usb dac while you can copy all your music on to a SD card and put it in and listen on the go.

post #130 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

i suppose that cannot be used as a usb dac without the docking station and won't change via usb right ?


It won't charge via usb port.

Why would you use it as a usb dac while you can copy all your music on to a SD card and put it in and listen on the go.

To listen to the stuff is on laptop, or watch movies.wink.gif

post #131 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

Why buy it in the EU when you can buy it from Head-Direct (when it gets available)?

I live in Europe as well and buy stuff on the internet wherever I find the best offer - including head-fi gear.

When it enters into EU region they add taxes on it and it becomes more expensive but if the way you do is working I will buy it too then without paying that much money.

post #132 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

The 901 has several amp boards. It will have the capability to drive many phones and do it well. 

Oh, that's nice. Another good news from Hifiman happy_face1.gif

post #133 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

The 901 has several amp boards. It will have the capability to drive many phones and do it well. 

Oh, that's nice. Another good news from Hifiman happy_face1.gif

True, but don't forget that the battery is only 2000 mHa I belive and with those two ESS9018 chips inaide I would expect battery life to be less then 8 h, wich is a shame.

post #134 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

When it enters into EU region they add taxes on it and it becomes more expensive but if the way you do is working I will buy it too then without paying that much money.
At 1250€ you will pay much more than if you buy it from Head-Direct at 1000$ plus tax.
post #135 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

True, but don't forget that the battery is only 2000 mHa I belive and with those two ESS9018 chips inaide I would expect battery life to be less then 8 h, wich is a shame.
I doubt that will be the case unless with the most powerful amp boards.
The 801 also has power hungry DAC chips and it lasts around 8 hours except with balanced amp.

Anyway, I rarely run out of power on the HM-801. This will of course be different from person to person depending on how you use the DAP.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .