Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread - Page 95

post #1411 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwindham08 View Post
 

 

Are these all walnut? If so is the difference in color very drastic?

 

Unfortunately, yes.  Pretty drastic. It seems like they're got a new source for the bases.  It's probably the only thing I'm disappointed with at this point.

post #1412 of 1851

That's disappointing I was planning on putting the csp3 beside the taboo like you have, never thought about them not matching.

 

My taboo is really dark like yours and I really like that shade of walnut. 

I guess if you got the black figured base that would be the same but that one definitely isn't my favorite base.

They wouldnt fit tightly together either.

post #1413 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwindham08 View Post

That's disappointing I was planning on putting the csp3 beside the taboo like you have, never thought about them not matching.

My taboo is really dark like yours and I really like that shade of walnut. 
I guess if you got the black figured base that would be the same but that one definitely isn't my favorite base.
They wouldnt fit tightly together either.
It's not hard to sand down and recoat/varnish to your desired color that will match.smily_headphones1.gif
post #1414 of 1851

My two Maple are the same shade....:D

post #1415 of 1851

Looks like a Wired 4 Sound Dac you have.  Those are nice.  I used to have one and always loved it.

 

Regarding color, I agree...sand/stain it to match if it bugs you.

post #1416 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe View Post
 

Looks like a Wired 4 Sound Dac you have.  Those are nice.  I used to have one and always loved it.

 

Regarding color, I agree...sand/stain it to match if it bugs you.

 

I loved the DAC-2. The DSDse upgrade made something really good, Great!

post #1417 of 1851
^ Eric, got the BMC PureDAC in house. Early days, but sounds remarkable with the LCD2 and my Taboo II. There's a new layer of upper bass and midrange body and detail not hinted at with my other DACs - or else my audio memory is playing tricks wink.gif

Nice to know the Decware gear keeps scaling with the equipment around it.
post #1418 of 1851

That looks like a great DAC Andre! I love how a good source can peel back the layers....

post #1419 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe View Post
 

Looks like a Wired 4 Sound Dac you have.  Those are nice.  I used to have one and always loved it.

 

Regarding color, I agree...sand/stain it to match if it bugs you.

Yep, good eye.  It's a great DAC.  I couldn't be happier with it.

 

If it comes to the point that I'm really annoyed, I might sand/stain.  For now, I don't really care enough to do anything about it.  I have about 5 different wood tones going on in my little corner. :D

post #1420 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPR8R View Post
 

Yep, good eye.  It's a great DAC.  I couldn't be happier with it.

 

If it comes to the point that I'm really annoyed, I might sand/stain.  For now, I don't really care enough to do anything about it.  I have about 5 different wood tones going on in my little corner. :D

 

Only 5 different tones?  You are missing only to have your own rainbow corner!  well, what r u waitin for?  :p

post #1421 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

 

Only 5 different tones?  You are missing only to have your own rainbow corner!  well, what r u waitin for?  :p

 

Wait, more like 6 or 7.  I forgot the wood on my headphones and headphone stand.  They're both zebrano wood, but are different too.  I should just drop everything in a bucket of black paint.

post #1422 of 1851

So tonight the Taboo is working wonders with my DM945's. 4.7 watts of awesomeness!

post #1423 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

So tonight the Taboo is working wonders with my DM945's. 4.7 watts of awesomeness!

 

longbowbbs,  what is the official output power for speaker taps on the taboo MK III?  I scanned thru the manual but didn't see the specs.

Thinking about gettin the woo audio wee and play around with some stax to see if I like the sound.  The wee requires amps that output at least 3 watts at speaker output.


Edited by koiloco - 9/15/13 at 5:49pm
post #1424 of 1851

According to Decware, the Taboo MK III produces 4.7 watts at 8 ohms from the speaker terminals. All 4.7 are sounding particularly nice this evening....:D

post #1425 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post
 

According to Decware, the Taboo MK III produces 4.7 watts at 8 ohms from the speaker terminals. All 4.7 are sounding particularly nice this evening....:D

 

Great to know.  That's plenty to drive the Wee.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread