Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser Orpheus – a Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Orpheus – a Review - Page 2

post #16 of 34
Thread Starter 

Thank you very much, minami :)

post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by minami View Post

How can you possibly speak Portuguese as your native language, your review was absolutely mesmerizing! It made me start to want to invest a pair now! Great job, thank you for your contribution!

 

*

 

By the way, the review was excellent. Not enough people do reviews of TOTL gear, IMO.

post #18 of 34

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It gave me a window into another world :)

post #19 of 34
Thread Starter 

Hahahaha true, Tus-Chan!

 

And thank you guys!

post #20 of 34

Nice review! I just love the elegance that the Orpheus emits from its physical attributes.

It will be a dream come true the day that I could listen to a pair or even own it rolleyes.gif

post #21 of 34

I have heard the Orpheus 3 times and I still think it's the best headphone I have ever heard...

post #22 of 34
Thread Starter 

Thanks, AbsoluteZero!

 

wink, it's easily the best I've heard. As much as I love the HP1000 and think it's about on par with the HE90 in neutrality terms, the Orpheus is simply in another league when it comes to sonic pleasure. Listening to one is just an unforgettable experience. I'm quite curious about the 009, though.

post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Drummond View Post

Thanks, AbsoluteZero!

 

wink, it's easily the best I've heard. As much as I love the HP1000 and think it's about on par with the HE90 in neutrality terms, the Orpheus is simply in another league when it comes to sonic pleasure. Listening to one is just an unforgettable experience. I'm quite curious about the 009, though.

The Orpheus is just very musical.  I agree with you on that.  The SR009 is more technically corrected but the Orpheus combo is easier on the ears and more forgiving of bad recordings.

post #24 of 34

Thanks for your review on this audio milestone.

Too bad that I will prolly never hear the Orpheus, let alone buy one.

Hmmmm, if I win the lottery I can buy Wiktor's on epay! tongue.gif

post #25 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

The Orpheus is just very musical.  I agree with you on that.  The SR009 is more technically corrected but the Orpheus combo is easier on the ears and more forgiving of bad recordings.

 

If you like the HE90 then I'd skip the 009 and go for a SR-Omega instead.  The sound signature is similar in many ways (a bit larger than life and not quite true to the recording but in a nice way) but the SR-Omega is something very special.  Takes a beast of an amp to drive them properly though. 

 

Another option would be to do what I did... use Stax drivers in the HE90 shell.  redface.gif  The end result is quite great and they have been my main set for months now. 

post #26 of 34

Very nice review.  Thanks for sharing.

post #27 of 34
Thank you for the review. Nice pictures too!
post #28 of 34
Thanks Leonardo, I really enjoyed your review. I have always wanted to hear the HE90 + Aristaeus combo, you are very fortunate. It is a shame that Sennheiser have shelved the Orpheus, hopefully one day they will try producing electrostatics again.

If you had to pick only one genre of music to play on this system what would it be?
post #29 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post

Another option would be to do what I did... use Stax drivers in the HE90 shell.  redface.gif  The end result is quite great and they have been my main set for months now. 

Do you have a thread detailing that? Sounds like an interesting (and very expensive) project.

post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

Do you have a thread detailing that? Sounds like an interesting (and very expensive) project.

 

He even has the original frame fitting with the cloned driver.  wink_face.gif

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/498292/my-diy-electrostatic-headphones/855

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser Orpheus – a Review