or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 714

post #10696 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
 

I'm bit upset. The most basic feature still doesn't work in FW3. I don't care about other bugs, which can be fixed in future, but why X3 still sometimes freezes when one song ends a new should start playing. I often use X3 as music source in car when driving, so I need working player. I have to focus on driving, not play with player. Who cares about gapless, EQ and other things that others complains, when it can't even play music properly...

please let us know...what files are you using on x3? 

post #10697 of 17125
After upgrading the firmware to fw3 the playback is stable with me so far... Only faced a freeze a single time with specific track .. And that's it ....
My only concern now is getting an amp that offers a true sound quality upgrade from the superb headphone out already smily_headphones1.gif
Before that fw I was using fiio E11 with it ...now it degrades from the awesome sound of the player ...and I heard people saying that even C5 and E12 will not offer an upgrade to the sound quality... So I am thinking of portaphile ...or vorzamp due biggrin.gif
post #10698 of 17125

If freezes occure you should check out tue tags. I had freezes with tue prostudiomasters flacs. After I deleted the custom Line, I had No More freezes

post #10699 of 17125

I'm using mp3 now, because I don't have entire my music collection in FLAC.

I have all files retaged using my own python script - delete all tags and set only Artist, Album, Title and cover Image resized to 240x(New Height).

I have memory play on, but when it freezes, after boot it starts play like on boot before freeze, so can't tell what file can cause it.

I'm playing favorites in shuffle mode, so if I was able to put that file into favorites and it played well, so i think it is not problem with files.

 

In previous FW (2.1) it happend more frequently, sometimes it freezes completly, sometimes just unplug/plug LO worked and X3 played again. Today it was first freeze with FW3.0 and it freeze completly after first song ended, so I know what song played, but dont't know what song was next.

post #10700 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
 

I'm using mp3 now, because I don't have entire my music collection in FLAC.

I have all files retaged using my own python script - delete all tags and set only Artist, Album, Title and cover Image resized to 240x(New Height).

I have memory play on, but when it freezes, after boot it starts play like on boot before freeze, so can't tell what file can cause it.

I'm playing favorites in shuffle mode, so if I was able to put that file into favorites and it played well, so i think it is not problem with files.

 

In previous FW (2.1) it happend more frequently, sometimes it freezes completly, sometimes just unplug/plug LO worked and X3 played again. Today it was first freeze with FW3.0 and it freeze completly after first song ended, so I know what song played, but dont't know what song was next.


Check all your mp3s with MP3 Diags http://mp3diags.sourceforge.net/

Does it show any problems with the files?

post #10701 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi2 View Post


Your files are either DSD128 or compressed DSD64, neither of which will play on the X3 or X5. I really don't see the point of filling up your SD card with huge DSD files, when they are converted to PCM for playback. Convert them to a more manageable format FLAC using foobar, before transferring to the card.

Swyped from my Gpad

 

uzi2 .. thanks for the information. I have done a lot of listening to DSD on my PC, and I think they sound a bit more natural than their 24/192 FLAC cousins. With that said, I did not know or realize that the X3 was converting the files to PCM on the fly before playing. Does the X5 do this also? I sure wish there was a utility however that could identify the content of the files, whether they are compressed, etc? 

post #10702 of 17125

Hey guys, 

I have an issue! Sometimes I experience lag with this 3.0... especially while playing 24BIT. I noticed that on 2.14b but I thought that it is a bug. Is there anyone with similar experience? Could it be because of the microsd card? I will move my 24bits to internal memory to test...

post #10703 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblml320 View Post
 

 

uzi2 .. thanks for the information. I have done a lot of listening to DSD on my PC, and I think they sound a bit more natural than their 24/192 FLAC cousins. With that said, I did not know or realize that the X3 was converting the files to PCM on the fly before playing. Does the X5 do this also? I sure wish there was a utility however that could identify the content of the files, whether they are compressed, etc? 

They may well be sounding better because you expect them to sound better or the DSD files may come from a better mastered source. X3 and X5 both convert to 24/88.2 for playback and make a very good job of it. The only problem is that the GUI slows to a crawl - try altering the volume...

Bearing in mind that the DSD file is largely made up of ultrasound noise, it is better to extract only the music, by converting to 16/44.1 FLAC and use a fraction of the storage. You will still have the full benefit of any superior source that was used in the recording. Foobar can do this. Whilst it does not directly differentiate between compressed DST and uncompressed formats. the time taken to convert and the original file size should give you that information. DST is to DSD as FLAC is to WAV - about half the file size.

post #10704 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananasov View Post
 

Hey guys, 

I have an issue! Sometimes I experience lag with this 3.0... especially while playing 24BIT. I noticed that on 2.14b but I thought that it is a bug. Is there anyone with similar experience? Could it be because of the microsd card? I will move my 24bits to internal memory to test...

i too have this issue when x3 playing flac file...i think it's due to the cpu on the x3 cannot handle well enough for some hi res file :(

post #10705 of 17125

Did you have this with 2.1? Because I've never experienced lag with 2.1

post #10706 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTest View Post
 


Check all your mp3s with MP3 Diags http://mp3diags.sourceforge.net/

Does it show any problems with the files?

 

Thank you for the advice. I'm at work so I don't have time to scan all files, also It is so slow scaning right on X3 :) but it shows some info I didn't know. So i look at it more, when I get home.

post #10707 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
 

I'm bit upset. The most basic feature still doesn't work in FW3. I don't care about other bugs, which can be fixed in future, but why X3 still sometimes freezes when one song ends a new should start playing. I often use X3 as music source in car when driving, so I need working player. I have to focus on driving, not play with player. Who cares about gapless, EQ and other things that others complains, when it can't even play music properly...


I wish that when an album ends on the X3, it would just move on to the next one. I never get it freezing at the end of tracks in the middle of an album but it does stop on the last track of an album and I find it a little disappointing that there still isn't a play mode option to either play all albums of one artist or all of the artists from A to Z without having to take the X3 out of your pocket (or wherever you have it) every time it gets to the end of an album. It is a pain if you only have a few tracks in a folder.

post #10708 of 17125
With 2.14b I would have to unplug/plug the LO in the car to continue playing, 3 times on the 45 minute drive to work. Now I have not had to do this at all with 3.0 and all the files on my X3 are the same. I use Tag and Rename for all my tagging needs and keep my album artwork no more than 500x500. When one comes from iDevices and iTunes back in the day you get very OCD about tags. smily_headphones1.gif
post #10709 of 17125

does X3 supports unsynchronized lyrics now after 3.0?

post #10710 of 17125

I have tried firmware 3.0 and was very pleased with the sound; however, some hi rez files have a jittery begining and and the unit freezes frequently. I will stick with firmware 2.1 until the bugs are worked out of 3.0 and perhaps a 3.1 firmware is released.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.