Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 8/23/15 at 2:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, to be fair, there is sticker shock involved for people when you get into sources/amps/DAC's to go with those $1500 headphones. And most people probably have used their PC audio jacks for most everything else.
Ignorance is bliss. What yanks my chain is people that listen to the awful speakers on smartphones, where the music is barely recognizable.
DAC's are foreign concepts to most people, they need explanation. They are like a forgotten/unknown step in the chain. I had to learn the hard way, wondering why $1500 headphones and a bunch of $1000+ amps sounded so flat and lifeless (I was auditioning them on CD players, where the DAC was probably an afterthought). I know better now. *hugs Dac-It*
Lol. Well, Ive been called a "retard" because I spent 1k+ on headphones that he believes sound exactly and no different than his 40.00 skullcandy because he has no idea that Im plugging the HD800 into a amp thats hooked up to a dedicated source. He thought the only source ever to exist to mankind up to that day was the 3.5mm jack of the computer. I almost jumped off a cliff that day.
Haha.. yeah I was browsing headfi and my student said "Wait! My friend has those!" (pointing at the HD800s) My first thought was impossible.. he must have them confused with another pair. Then he goes on to say don't they cost $1500? Definitely a shocker.
I'll probably run into the student who actually owns the HD800s on Monday. I'll strike up a convo with him haha.
As I promised that I would report in after directly comparing on my WA22.
To my ears, the common HD800(#24361), that both I and Sonido listened to, does not sound any difference than mine(#26614). Our minds and bias are indeed powerful.
Sad but true!
I was already aware of this, but the extent of the influence of bias still surprised me when a friend and I did a blind and volume matched test of a couple of phones a while back.
Even the most vaunted here are not immune to it, as Tyll's UE9000 review proves.
Yes, bifrost and WA2 would be another combo right at your price point.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 4 seconds ago
- › "Best" USB DAC/Amp for $300 or less 27 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 32 seconds ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 36 seconds ago
- › Dynamic Range Compressor in VLC - WOW 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Shure 1840 w/Original Box, Accessoires and Invoice 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2