Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. I can...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, to be fair, there is sticker shock involved for people when you get into sources/amps/DAC's to go with those $1500 headphones. And most people probably have used their PC audio jacks for most everything else.
Ignorance is bliss. What yanks my chain is people that listen to the awful speakers on smartphones, where the music is barely recognizable.
DAC's are foreign concepts to most people, they need explanation. They are like a forgotten/unknown step in the chain. I had to learn the hard way, wondering why $1500 headphones and a bunch of $1000+ amps sounded so flat and lifeless (I was auditioning them on CD players, where the DAC was probably an afterthought). I know better now. *hugs Dac-It*
Lol. Well, Ive been called a "retard" because I spent 1k+ on headphones that he believes sound exactly and no different than his 40.00 skullcandy because he has no idea that Im plugging the HD800 into a amp thats hooked up to a dedicated source. He thought the only source ever to exist to mankind up to that day was the 3.5mm jack of the computer. I almost jumped off a cliff that day.
Haha.. yeah I was browsing headfi and my student said "Wait! My friend has those!" (pointing at the HD800s) My first thought was impossible.. he must have them confused with another pair. Then he goes on to say don't they cost $1500? Definitely a shocker.
I'll probably run into the student who actually owns the HD800s on Monday. I'll strike up a convo with him haha.
As I promised that I would report in after directly comparing on my WA22.
To my ears, the common HD800(#24361), that both I and Sonido listened to, does not sound any difference than mine(#26614). Our minds and bias are indeed powerful.
Sad but true!
I was already aware of this, but the extent of the influence of bias still surprised me when a friend and I did a blind and volume matched test of a couple of phones a while back.
Even the most vaunted here are not immune to it, as Tyll's UE9000 review proves.
Yes, bifrost and WA2 would be another combo right at your price point.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Music Game IX 15 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 37 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 42 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 1 minute ago
- › cables are placebo 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Hotline Miami gamers, unite 2 minutes ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › What's the best USB audio cable for the money? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)