Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on Today at 3:12 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 3/25/16 at 10:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 482
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, to be fair, there is sticker shock involved for people when you get into sources/amps/DAC's to go with those $1500 headphones. And most people probably have used their PC audio jacks for most everything else.
Ignorance is bliss. What yanks my chain is people that listen to the awful speakers on smartphones, where the music is barely recognizable.
DAC's are foreign concepts to most people, they need explanation. They are like a forgotten/unknown step in the chain. I had to learn the hard way, wondering why $1500 headphones and a bunch of $1000+ amps sounded so flat and lifeless (I was auditioning them on CD players, where the DAC was probably an afterthought). I know better now. *hugs Dac-It*
Lol. Well, Ive been called a "retard" because I spent 1k+ on headphones that he believes sound exactly and no different than his 40.00 skullcandy because he has no idea that Im plugging the HD800 into a amp thats hooked up to a dedicated source. He thought the only source ever to exist to mankind up to that day was the 3.5mm jack of the computer. I almost jumped off a cliff that day.
Haha.. yeah I was browsing headfi and my student said "Wait! My friend has those!" (pointing at the HD800s) My first thought was impossible.. he must have them confused with another pair. Then he goes on to say don't they cost $1500? Definitely a shocker.
I'll probably run into the student who actually owns the HD800s on Monday. I'll strike up a convo with him haha.
As I promised that I would report in after directly comparing on my WA22.
To my ears, the common HD800(#24361), that both I and Sonido listened to, does not sound any difference than mine(#26614). Our minds and bias are indeed powerful.
Sad but true!
I was already aware of this, but the extent of the influence of bias still surprised me when a friend and I did a blind and volume matched test of a couple of phones a while back.
Even the most vaunted here are not immune to it, as Tyll's UE9000 review proves.
Yes, bifrost and WA2 would be another combo right at your price point.
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 22 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 27 seconds ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Rock under $150 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › How to Spoil Headphones and Claim Warranty 5 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...