Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 482

post #7216 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

 

Thanks for sharing this, actually it's not bad on the T1 too.


Nothing is bad on the T1.:wink:

post #7217 of 14672

Well this makes four straight nights that I've stayed up past 4am listening through HD800 since the day I got them, and I got work the next morning each day other than new years day. You can probably guess I like them.

post #7218 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post
 

Well this makes four straight nights that I've stayed up past 4am listening through HD800 since the day I got them, and I got work the next morning each day other than new years day. You can probably guess I like them.

Lol, I went through the same thing

post #7219 of 14672

I had listen to this wonderful headphones and the sound amazing for me. Still dont have the audiophile ear to hear the difference.. yet..

post #7220 of 14672

Neat trick, I find every aspect of the HD800 improves when I wear them properly. :rolleyes:

 

I realized the headband wasn't sitting squarely on my head (more at an angle). When I made the adjustment, the whole sound tightened up. My rig still isn't quite right for them (highs too harsh, a bit of muddiness in the low mids), but the fun factor and imaging with them improved a lot, despite the imperfections.

post #7221 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGBSpencer View Post

I had listen to this wonderful headphones and the sound amazing for me. Still dont have the audiophile ear to hear the difference.. yet..

You don't need special ears to hear they're good. Audiophiles don't have special ears , most of them look pretty normal
post #7222 of 14672

A real audiophile! :D

 

post #7223 of 14672

Heres a funny one.. one of my students has a friend (both in high school) who bought the HD800s because he assumed that at the price of $1,500, he would be getting one of the best headphones in the world. Hes not wrong about the HD800s being one of the best, except that was a lucky guess and he actually doesn't know much else about audio. Currently running his HD800s off his iphone/PC audio jack..

post #7224 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelbelow View Post
 

Heres a funny one.. one of my students has a friend (both in high school) who bought the HD800s because he assumed that at the price of $1,500, he would be getting one of the best headphones in the world. Hes not wrong about the HD800s being one of the best, except that was a lucky guess and he actually doesn't know much else about audio. Currently running his HD800s off his iphone/PC audio jack..

Lol. Well, Ive been called a "retard" because I spent 1k+ on headphones that he believes sound exactly and no different than his 40.00 skullcandy because he has no idea that Im plugging the HD800 into a amp thats hooked up to a dedicated source. He thought the only source ever to exist to mankind up to that day was the 3.5mm jack of the computer. I almost jumped off a cliff that day. 

post #7225 of 14672

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn!

post #7226 of 14672

 

Oh and thats what he looked like after he heard the HD800 for the first time. He was sad and it was quite amusing for me :popcorn: .

 

Whos the "retard" now Charlie, who.


Edited by DarKen23 - 1/4/14 at 1:40am
post #7227 of 14672

Well, to be fair, there is sticker shock involved for people when you get into sources/amps/DAC's to go with those $1500 headphones. And most people probably have used their PC audio jacks for most everything else.

post #7228 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post
 

Well, to be fair, there is sticker shock involved for people when you get into sources/amps/DAC's to go with those $1500 headphones. And most people probably have used their PC audio jacks for most everything else.

Thats true. But comeon, seriously? A 3.5mm computer jack with a dac priced at 8 cents? I guess I like to think that people in general get curious about the possibility of 'better audio'. 


Edited by DarKen23 - 1/4/14 at 1:49am
post #7229 of 14672

Ignorance is bliss. What yanks my chain is people that listen to the awful speakers on smartphones, where the music is barely recognizable.

 

DAC's are foreign concepts to most people, they need explanation. They are like a forgotten/unknown step in the chain. I had to learn the hard way, wondering why $1500 headphones and a bunch of $1000+ amps sounded so flat and lifeless (I was auditioning them on CD players, where the DAC was probably an afterthought). I know better now. *hugs Dac-It*

post #7230 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post
 

Lol. Well, Ive been called a "retard" because I spent 1k+ on headphones that he believes sound exactly and no different than his 40.00 skullcandy because he has no idea that Im plugging the HD800 into a amp thats hooked up to a dedicated source. He thought the only source ever to exist to mankind up to that day was the 3.5mm jack of the computer. I almost jumped off a cliff that day. 

 

Haha.. yeah I was browsing headfi and my student said "Wait! My friend has those!" (pointing at the HD800s) My first thought was impossible.. he must have them confused with another pair. Then he goes on to say don't they cost $1500? Definitely a shocker.

 

I'll probably run into the student who actually owns the HD800s on Monday. I'll strike up a convo with him haha.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread