New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IEM for EDM

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

I need a pair of IEM's for gym and work use. I mainly listen to EDM. So bass is important but not the only thing. I'm coming from nuforce 700's i think? I saw they have some cheaper offerings now. I like the nuforce but both of my pairs broke pretty fast

post #2 of 20

Budget?

post #3 of 20

The only thing that I can think of that is cheaper than NuForce 700 would be MEElec S6

post #4 of 20

Re0s. If you want to spend 50 more, you should get hf5s. 

post #5 of 20

Notice he said electronic music, and bass is important.

 

My best IEM for EDM is the SM3, followed by the TF10.

 

For around $200, look for TF10 on Amazon ($200ish recently) or in the FS section here. Also the SM2 would do well; $200 on Amazon. The TF10 is brighter, has better treble presence, and is more colored overall, while the SM2 has better mids and is a touch on the warm/dark side but not offensively so IMO, though some disagree.

 

For under $200, EPH100 and GR07 come to mind. GR07 has tighter bass and less of it, which I tend to prefer for EDM, but the EPH100 has better soundstage. GR07 for tonality, balance, and clarity; EPH100 for presentation and bass body.

 

For around $100, the Shure SE215 has been great for me as an every-day beater IEM. Uber-tough replaceable cables, solid build, awesome isolation, good sound for the price. It might have too much bass for you though. I hear the UE700 is a good buy around that price, and will probably be better overall SQ wise. The Sunrise Xcape IE is also a great buy, very balanced but slightly colored, a bit like a warmer RE0 with more bass.

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by reakka View Post

Re0s. If you want to spend 50 more, you should get hf5s. 

post #6 of 20
Gilly87 basically said exactly what I was going to say when I clicked on the thread.


^^^^ solid advice.
post #7 of 20

The Bose Sports IEMs are pretty decent for the price with good punchy bass, Turbine are great match for EDM genres music but they maybe little heavy for Gym use. Other IEMs like Sony XB90EX, JVC FX3X, Klipch Image X5, Harmen Kardon AE are recommended.

post #8 of 20

If you can stretch your budget to $100, either UE700 or X10 would be perfect, they are all small enough to stay in your ear while gym-ing

post #9 of 20
Thread Starter 

I can handle 100, I just need to make sure that for that price I wont be needing to replace them due to use in the gym. I take them to work everyday in my pocket and occasionally at the gym Ill snag the wire on a weight and it will rip out of my phonejack or something

post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

If you can stretch your budget to $100, either UE700 or X10 would be perfect, they are all small enough to stay in your ear while gym-ing

i wouldn't suggest the X10i because its fragile built quality...... try something like a shure 215??? cuz at the gym we don't reference the music... what we need is a relaxing atmosphere  to forget the pain and fatigue. if u think im wrong, no biggy its just an openian of mine

post #11 of 20
Yeah SE215 is the ultimate gym IEM if you find tips that work well for you.
post #12 of 20
+1 se215 that's my dailies as well. Can't go wrong with them
post #13 of 20

The SM3 V2 for sure, its the best IEM for EDM I've heard.  Bass is punchy with good depth and when amp'ed with a good bass boost the SM3 hits hard with very godd sub-bass.  Mids are where the SM3 shines with great detail and a smooth lushes sound signature as well as being forward compared to the highs.  About the highs they have a good clean detailed sound that's never harsh but with a good amp (and by good amp I mean the C&C BH protable headphone amp) they have a good crisp brighter sound that is never harsh. The other great part of the presentation is the soundstage which is spacious with great 3D imaging, its the best I've heard from an IEM.

 

I truly think the SM3 V2 is the best IEM for electronic music under the $500 or even $600 price point, and with the C&C BH amp they really shine and are audiophile grade IEM's.

post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

The SM3 V2 for sure, its the best IEM for EDM I've heard.  Bass is punchy with good depth and when amp'ed with a good bass boost the SM3 hits hard with very godd sub-bass.  Mids are where the SM3 shines with great detail and a smooth lushes sound signature as well as being forward compared to the highs.  About the highs they have a good clean detailed sound that's never harsh but with a good amp (and by good amp I mean the C&C BH protable headphone amp) they have a good crisp brighter sound that is never harsh. The other great part of the presentation is the soundstage which is spacious with great 3D imaging, its the best I've heard from an IEM.

 

I truly think the SM3 V2 is the best IEM for electronic music under the $500 or even $600 price point, and with the C&C BH amp they really shine and are audiophile grade IEM's.


He said $100 :P

post #15 of 20
I would never recommend the Bose IEMs. Horrible sound for the price, worse than my old Sennheiser CX150/300/400. Comfortable, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARIM View Post

The Bose Sports IEMs are pretty decent for the price with good punchy bass, Turbine are great match for EDM genres music but they maybe little heavy for Gym use. Other IEMs like Sony XB90EX, JVC FX3X, Klipch Image X5, Harmen Kardon AE are recommended.


Yeah plus I'm not sure I'd trust Earsonics build quality for the gym.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post


He said $100 :P
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: