WA7 coming today! :D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Support Recommendations: Woo Audio WA7 and WA7d Fireflies and USB 3.0 on Macs running OS X 10.9... Last post on 8/4/14 at 3:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer Last post on 8/12/14 at 8:09am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm Last post on 8/29/14 at 3:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Accidental WA5-LE Owner Last post on Yesterday at 8:37 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 44
Gear mentioned in this thread:
it is on the way!! Fedex!!! :3 , and the TH900 will be here on Saturday or Sunday. 1st i will try it with M-Stage since i was using the TH600 with it :P so i see how better the TH900 on the same amp.
Just some initial notes:
- Very nice full sound
- Vocals sound good and the WA7 takes away any harshness I experienced on warm tracks with the Fostex TH-900's.
Definitely has some "gooch-wrenching" bass, however I'm finding it kind of problematic on bass heavy hip-hop tracks. The bass is sometimes boomy. Hopefully that goes away as it breaks in.
Ran the upgrade EH tubes straight out of the box so I still plan on switching them out eventually just so I can try the stock tubes and compare. Anyone know how the two pairs of tubes compare bass-wise?
Love the build quality on the WA7. Volume pot is super nice and smooth, no issues with channel imbalance or anything like that when adjusting volume.
The amp is dead silent when connected to the USB DAC from my PC. I can max out the volume pot and hear nothing... nice black background.
leaning towards the Wa7 over the Wa2 for my Beyerdynamic T1's...mostly for listening and gaming with a macbook and a pc...any suggestions on what else I would need? I need another DAC? power supply? cables? av surge protector?
Edited by SamHeadFi - 11/7/13 at 11:05am
i am going to use the EH tubes most of the time, will switch to stock when i wana enjoy the luch sweet mids of the vocals, depend on the mood though.
unless the EH tubes won't make the TH900's mids sound receded it is another story, so far i don't know cause my WA7 is on the way.
True... I got a chance to try Matt's AD and it blew me away. Definitely on my bucket list to order some soon.
nope, just plug and play... this is the fundamental beauty of the WA7, sounding great as is.
I believe Cryoset has not had the cryo EH 6C45PI gold pins for quite some time. I contacted them to find out when they would get more and they replied that they were no longer able to get them from their supplier. I don't know the full impact of that statement...
repped, thanks. If that's the case, what should my progression be for things i need...
possibly upgrade tubes and add PSU
usb cables/dac? if so, what dac would be ideal? Seems like people have mixed feelings on the wa7 dac
- WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 42 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 44 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 47 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad 55 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)