WA7 coming today! :D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Support Recommendations: Woo Audio WA7 and WA7d Fireflies and USB 3.0 on Macs running OS X 10.9... Last post on 6/14/15 at 3:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer Last post on 12/26/14 at 7:57am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- New WA7d Fireflies with Two Digital Inputs Last post on 12/23/14 at 6:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm Last post on 10/23/14 at 4:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite Last post on Today at 3:39 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 44
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
it is on the way!! Fedex!!! :3 , and the TH900 will be here on Saturday or Sunday. 1st i will try it with M-Stage since i was using the TH600 with it :P so i see how better the TH900 on the same amp.
Just some initial notes:
- Very nice full sound
- Vocals sound good and the WA7 takes away any harshness I experienced on warm tracks with the Fostex TH-900's.
Definitely has some "gooch-wrenching" bass, however I'm finding it kind of problematic on bass heavy hip-hop tracks. The bass is sometimes boomy. Hopefully that goes away as it breaks in.
Ran the upgrade EH tubes straight out of the box so I still plan on switching them out eventually just so I can try the stock tubes and compare. Anyone know how the two pairs of tubes compare bass-wise?
Love the build quality on the WA7. Volume pot is super nice and smooth, no issues with channel imbalance or anything like that when adjusting volume.
The amp is dead silent when connected to the USB DAC from my PC. I can max out the volume pot and hear nothing... nice black background.
leaning towards the Wa7 over the Wa2 for my Beyerdynamic T1's...mostly for listening and gaming with a macbook and a pc...any suggestions on what else I would need? I need another DAC? power supply? cables? av surge protector?
Edited by SamHeadFi - 11/7/13 at 11:05am
i am going to use the EH tubes most of the time, will switch to stock when i wana enjoy the luch sweet mids of the vocals, depend on the mood though.
unless the EH tubes won't make the TH900's mids sound receded it is another story, so far i don't know cause my WA7 is on the way.
True... I got a chance to try Matt's AD and it blew me away. Definitely on my bucket list to order some soon.
nope, just plug and play... this is the fundamental beauty of the WA7, sounding great as is.
I believe Cryoset has not had the cryo EH 6C45PI gold pins for quite some time. I contacted them to find out when they would get more and they replied that they were no longer able to get them from their supplier. I don't know the full impact of that statement...
repped, thanks. If that's the case, what should my progression be for things i need...
possibly upgrade tubes and add PSU
usb cables/dac? if so, what dac would be ideal? Seems like people have mixed feelings on the wa7 dac
- WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Boston Meet? 7 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 11 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 41 seconds ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 59 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › [FS] Beyerdynamic T5P (New Stock with Warranty) 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW SONY ZX2. 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-A20 SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2