WA7 coming today! :D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm Last post on 3/4/14 at 12:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New WA7d Fireflies with Two Digital Inputs Last post on 3/29/14 at 5:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Are my tubes about done? Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X? Last post on 3/16/14 at 10:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help me choose an amp! HIFIMAN EF-2A or Schiit Modi+Vali or WA7? OR something else? Last post on 3/28/14 at 11:31am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 44
Gear mentioned in this thread:
it is on the way!! Fedex!!! :3 , and the TH900 will be here on Saturday or Sunday. 1st i will try it with M-Stage since i was using the TH600 with it :P so i see how better the TH900 on the same amp.
Just some initial notes:
- Very nice full sound
- Vocals sound good and the WA7 takes away any harshness I experienced on warm tracks with the Fostex TH-900's.
Definitely has some "gooch-wrenching" bass, however I'm finding it kind of problematic on bass heavy hip-hop tracks. The bass is sometimes boomy. Hopefully that goes away as it breaks in.
Ran the upgrade EH tubes straight out of the box so I still plan on switching them out eventually just so I can try the stock tubes and compare. Anyone know how the two pairs of tubes compare bass-wise?
Love the build quality on the WA7. Volume pot is super nice and smooth, no issues with channel imbalance or anything like that when adjusting volume.
The amp is dead silent when connected to the USB DAC from my PC. I can max out the volume pot and hear nothing... nice black background.
leaning towards the Wa7 over the Wa2 for my Beyerdynamic T1's...mostly for listening and gaming with a macbook and a pc...any suggestions on what else I would need? I need another DAC? power supply? cables? av surge protector?
Edited by SamHeadFi - 11/7/13 at 11:05am
i am going to use the EH tubes most of the time, will switch to stock when i wana enjoy the luch sweet mids of the vocals, depend on the mood though.
unless the EH tubes won't make the TH900's mids sound receded it is another story, so far i don't know cause my WA7 is on the way.
True... I got a chance to try Matt's AD and it blew me away. Definitely on my bucket list to order some soon.
nope, just plug and play... this is the fundamental beauty of the WA7, sounding great as is.
I believe Cryoset has not had the cryo EH 6C45PI gold pins for quite some time. I contacted them to find out when they would get more and they replied that they were no longer able to get them from their supplier. I don't know the full impact of that statement...
repped, thanks. If that's the case, what should my progression be for things i need...
possibly upgrade tubes and add PSU
usb cables/dac? if so, what dac would be ideal? Seems like people have mixed feelings on the wa7 dac
- WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 52 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 For Sale 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 4 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob