Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 39

post #571 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post
 

 

can't give you any comparisons between the two but i do want to reiterate that the EH tubes do need some time to settle in. i hated it at first with my TH600, preferring stock tubes but after some unknown amount of hours it has now finally started sounding quite good. quite happy with the combo. 

 

Thanks :3

post #572 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

In the other WA7 thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/643838/the-all-new-wa7-fireflies-from-woo-audio/15#post_9012971), Jack did hint on coming up with a DAC-less WA7. But this was back in January. No idea what happened to that :-

 

 

... or just make a WA8 with a kick ass DAC and charge the same since the delta cost of dacs is maybe $10. 

 

Has anyone opened up the WA7 yet and gotten any internal shots?  Perhaps one of our EEs around here could figure out a way to upgrade the DAC inside the WA7 easily?  I am sure it is on it's own separate pcb, might just need to swap it out.  Lots of DACs share the same footprint and interface pinout.


Edited by groovyd - 10/7/13 at 7:13pm
post #573 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post


Have you tried changing the position of the headphones on your head? That will affect the frequency response.

My set-up at the moment is the WA7 with upgrade tubes fed by the Audio-gd NOS-1704 DAC and modded/damped HD-800s. VERY easy listening without being mushy.
Good point. I do move the HE-500 around and achieve the change in frequency response. Still, I note a particular synergy between the WA7 and T90 headphones, and no neck fatigue. With a Violectric V800 upstream and this is a seriously capable sound system.
post #574 of 1227

Bahh, this wait is killing me lol. I want the Fireflies to get here now! :D

post #575 of 1227
How long have ou been waiting? It took about 3 weeks form mine to get to Toronto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post

Bahh, this wait is killing me lol. I want the Fireflies to get here now! biggrin.gif
post #576 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post

How long have ou been waiting? It took about 3 weeks form mine to get to Toronto.[quote name="pervysage" url="/t/649097/woo-hoooo-wa7-fireflies/570#post_9875978"]Bahh, this wait is killing me lol. I want the Fireflies to get here now! :D [/quote]

Not that long lol. Ordered on the 2nd so it might still be a little longer. I got a shipping estimate of Mid October.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
post #577 of 1227

For referencing actual enjoyment, use a WA7 with Electro Harmonix 6C45Pi.

29.gif

post #578 of 1227

Did anyone else catch this from the CanJam thread:
 

post #75

Woo WA7 with the new WA7 optional $300.00 power supply that uses 12Au7 to fine tune the sound. The transparency stepped up a huge notch with the additional tube regulated power supply.

post #579 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post
 

Did anyone else catch this from the CanJam thread:
 

post #75

Woo WA7 with the new WA7 optional $300.00 power supply that uses 12Au7 to fine tune the sound. The transparency stepped up a huge notch with the additional tube regulated power supply.

 

Finally some info on this. I saw a couple of posts about some new tube power supply and even a power supply-less WA7, but there was never any additional information after that.

 

Now we have a price and some details.

 

But I'm still wondering... is this new power supply built into a new version of the WA7 or is it simply a new separate power supply you can buy?

 

The $300 price tag suggests it's just a separate supply that current WA7 owners will be able to buy?

 

Don't why that one guy said it was a WA7 that no longer has a external power supply.

post #580 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post
 

 

Finally some info on this. I saw a couple of posts about some new tube power supply and even a power supply-less WA7, but there was never any additional information after that.

 

Now we have a price and some details.

 

But I'm still wondering... is this new power supply built into a new version of the WA7 or is it simply a new separate power supply you can buy?

 

The $300 price tag suggests it's just a separate supply that current WA7 owners will be able to buy?

 

Don't why that one guy said it was a WA7 that no longer has a external power supply.

I do not think the power supply can squeeze in the tiny body of the amp

 

Sam

post #581 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsie View Post
 

I do not think the power supply can squeeze in the tiny body of the amp

 

Sam

 

I got an email back from Jack.

 

The new tube power supply will simply be an upgrade option just like the EH gold pin tubes are. The solid state power supply will still remain as an option as well.

post #582 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervysage View Post
 

 

I got an email back from Jack.

 

The new tube power supply will simply be an upgrade option just like the EH gold pin tubes are. The solid state power supply will still remain as an option as well.


Fun. More money for me to spend. Happy it is an upgrade rather than a whole new unit, wonder how long til its ready for the masses.

post #583 of 1227

Mine will arrive on Monday.  Yay!!!  with upgraded tubes too.

Reply
post #584 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post
 

Mine will arrive on Monday.  Yay!!!  with upgraded tubes too.

 

Lucky.

 

Still patiently waiting for that "your order has shipped" email :tongue_smile: 

post #585 of 1227

anyone else buying a WA7 now please order it without power supply so I can sell you my power supply and upgrade to the tube version ;) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!