Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! - Page 17

post #241 of 1522

Wow, what a nice amp/dac!

I Just woder about the hardware requirements for PC. I have a Fujitsu tablet with SSD, but the processor is Intel Atom and RAM is only 2Gb.

Will the DAC be operating with no issues? I haven't found that in the manual...

post #242 of 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqtaket View Post

Wow, what a nice amp/dac!
I Just woder about the hardware requirements for PC. I have a Fujitsu tablet with SSD, but the processor is Intel Atom and RAM is only 2Gb.
Will the DAC be operating with no issues? I haven't found that in the manual...

Wrong question. Whether or not it will work is more likely to be a software requirement than a hardware one. For example, are you running Windows full on that or some paired down version? Do you have a full USB 2.0 port or something else? Can you install drivers and other software on your device or is it more restricted? If you have a full version of Windows on it with a proper USB 2.0 port then it's likely to work. However, we are talking a fringe case with very non-standard hardware so it's sort of up for grabs.
post #243 of 1522

Yeah, it has a full Windows 7 Professional, but the processor is only 1.7kHz. And 2 gigs of RAM.

It is a Fujitsu q550 tablet.

I can install any drivers with no restrictions. It has a SSD which is more "audiophile" than a hard disc, so now I'm considering making a small (trans)portable rig.
 

post #244 of 1522

I can get the WA7 to work with an Asus Netbook which uses an Atom N270 at 1.6 GHz and only has 2 gigs of RAM. The laptop / tablet isn't the limiting factor. It is how much bloatware has been added to the PC and loads at startup. Foobar2000 plays well, but to avoid dropouts it is wise to shutdown services not being used while listening. Wireless network interface drivers are particularly problematic. See this page for some suggestions:

http://www.native-instruments.com/knowledge/questions/847/Windows+7+Tuning+Tips+for+Audio+Processing

post #245 of 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqtaket View Post

It has a SSD which is more "audiophile" than a hard disc,

I don't see how? SSD or HDD, won't have any effect on sound at all and even the slowest contemporary spinning-disk drives are more than fast enough for audio playback.
post #246 of 1522

 


omfg..I did it!!! I know that Jack did warn us "DO NOT use tubes that are not approved by Woo Audio."... I didn't listen...i know..I am a bad boy...

but it all started because I got the wrong confirmation that 417A could be used for WA7..

First I did some research and realized that 417A could be used as substitute for 6C45... (coz I found that the sound of 6C45 are a bit too linear.. I was trying so hard to find substitutes....). After I spent a fortune on these NOS 417A, I realized that it couldn't be used on WA7! Then I asked my friend who is an expert in tubes and he helped me ordered the tube adapters that you see in the photos from China....

BUT...there was another problem!!! these adapters are too big to be used in WA7....damn....what should I do?

I took the risk..did some modification.. and the result is just AMAZING!!

 

Enjoy the photos~~


Edited by jckp919 - 4/10/13 at 3:06am
post #247 of 1522

I just got my 2 week delay email from Jack as well :(  Oh well, maybe Audeze will sneak out the closed LCD-2 equivs soon and I can pick that up right away. Anyone have a guestimate on that can's release date?

post #248 of 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNCPapa View Post

I just got my 2 week delay email from Jack as well :(  Oh well, maybe Audeze will sneak out the closed LCD-2 equivs soon and I can pick that up right away. Anyone have a guestimate on that can's release date?

I"m also eyeing the closed-back LCD-2. There's been no news for a while. Audeze will be at the New York Audio show this weekend, so hopefully we will be able get more news on them soon.

post #249 of 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckp919 View Post


omfg..I did it!!! I know that Jack did warn us "DO NOT use tubes that are not approved by Woo Audio."... I didn't listen...i know..I am a bad boy...

but it all started because I got the wrong confirmation that 417A could be used for WA7..

First I did some research and realized that 417A could be used as substitute for 6C45... (coz I found that the sound of 6C45 are a bit too linear.. I was trying so hard to find substitutes....). After I spent a fortune on these NOS 417A, I realized that it couldn't be used on WA7! Then I asked my friend who is an expert in tubes and he helped me ordered the tube adapters that you see in the photos from China....

BUT...there was another problem!!! these adapters are too big to be used in WA7....damn....what should I do?

I took the risk..did some modification.. and the result is just AMAZING!!

 

Enjoy the photos~~

 

 

How do they compare to the stock tubes?

post #250 of 1522

to me...it sounds a lot better than the 6C45. I hear a more "tube like" sound with WE417a, with smoother treble and luscious mids.. still burning in though so the sound may change..

post #251 of 1522

just got my tracking number bigsmile_face.gif

post #252 of 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post

just got my tracking number bigsmile_face.gif

AHHHH.... I'm still waiting on a response from Jack; I placed my order on March 5th.

When did you place your order?

 

I'm having cold sweats at night just wondering........................When? lol

post #253 of 1522

Feb 23rd... just glad tubes aren't going out of style anytime soon.  By now at least my new Beyer T1s are well burned in L3000.gif


Edited by groovyd - 4/13/13 at 7:31am
post #254 of 1522

hi guys,

are you connecting WA7 to a mac computer via USB? Isn't this known for degrading audio signal? Not speaking of being affected by computer's load.

Any opinions on connecting WA7 directly from mac's optical audio output using TOSLINK-to-RCA adapter?

post #255 of 1522
Mistake
Edited by ALRAINBOW - 4/14/13 at 2:59am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!