Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review] - Page 27

post #391 of 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokendog View Post

Any one know how this would compare to the Leckerton UHA-6 MKII?  I know it's a significantly different price point but I am just curious.  I am looking for a portable amp or amp/dac for my M-100s and perhaps Ultrasone Sig DJs.


I just ordered Sig DJs and am hoping Vamp will power them properly.  I have heard the Leckerton has great SQ, but doesn't have a ton of power and may not bring out the bass potential of the Sig DJ as the C&C could at a lower price point.  I am also considering the FiiO E12 and JDS C5.

post #392 of 3195

Thanks H20, this looks great and might dive into this.

 

Can you please tell me how sturdy this thing is. Can it take a few drops if it happens. Are the buttons and jack well built into the unit... not to worry about loose connections in the future?

post #393 of 3195
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post

Thanks H20, this looks great and might dive into this.

Can you please tell me how sturdy this thing is. Can it take a few drops if it happens. Are the buttons and jack well built into the unit... not to worry about loose connections in the future?

The amplifier housing is quite solid and constructed of aluminum, which includes the oval outer shell and both ends. Each switch is firm and won't slip out of place if bumped. The jacks are different to the plasticky type you would find on FiiO or other similar products, each jack is also constructed of metal built tightly into the frame. They have an outer ring that sits above the casing slightly. They feel different plugging them in at first compared to what some might be used too sliding in very easily, then locking in towards the end, you will hear a slight click. They're not loose, or flimsy just a different sensation the first few times.

I think it would handle a few drops yes, feels pretty firm in hand I can't really fault the build besides a tiny gap mine has between the housing and front end plate where it doesn't sit absolutely flush, I'd be being pretty picky though in mentioning it.


Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/1/13 at 5:17pm
post #394 of 3195

And... I'm done with the comparison to E12. I'm quite surprised by the results, too...

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649174/review-fiio-e12-vs-c-c-bh

post #395 of 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

And... I'm done with the comparison to E12. I'm quite surprised by the results, too...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649174/review-fiio-e12-vs-c-c-bh

Me too ;_;
post #396 of 3195
Well, back to the drawing board. Kind of a bummer
post #397 of 3195
I'm still in love with the BH. The clarity, soundstage, generous bass Boost, size, and dual outputs make it a winner for me.

I'm curious how I will like the E12 in comparison. Considering it'll be my second serious portable amp, I'll be wowed for sure (again).

oh, how'd you get yours in silver?
post #398 of 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

And... I'm done with the comparison to E12. I'm quite surprised by the results, too...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/649174/review-fiio-e12-vs-c-c-bh

Me too ;_;

I couldn't be more swayed by the qualities of the E12. I have a pair of Q701's that I feel would work well with amp but I've also heard the exact opposite so I'm a bit skeptical. Once Amazon gets it I can test it with the 30 day no questions return guarantee.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2
post #399 of 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Bones View Post

I couldn't be more swayed by the qualities of the E12. I have a pair of Q701's that I feel would work well with amp but I've also heard the exact opposite so I'm a bit skeptical. Once Amazon gets it I can test it with the 30 day no questions return guarantee.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

I'm confused, have you tried the c&c bh also?
post #400 of 3195
Thread Starter 
Well, from that members opinion BH did well next to E11, E17, E10, E7, CmoyBB, C421, which I think is quite an accomplishment, I never really created the thread to knock down E12 more so for members to experience an upgrade from E11 and similar amps without busting their wallets. 80 hours, the size and SQ suits me just fine.

Quote:
1) Fiio E12
2) JDS Labs O2 (no longer have this, so take this with a grain of salt)
3) C&C BH
4) JDS Labs C421 (no longer have this, so take this with a grain of salt)
5) cmoyBB w/ OPA627 (no longer have this, so take this with a grain of salt)
6) Fiio E11
7) Fiio E17
8) Fiio E10
9) Fiio E7


BH didn't do to bad, I'd be interested to see what others think as well! smile.gif
post #401 of 3195
I think its only fair to add the C5 to this amp vs amp.

They're all recently released or praised in the case of the BH.
post #402 of 3195
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

I think its only fair to add the C5 to this amp vs amp.

They're all recently released or praised in the case of the BH.

If you read this post here C&C BH has been around for about 2.5 years. Appears BH just slipped through the radar here for some time.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review/30#post_9023249
post #403 of 3195

Its the size of the E12 thats killing it for me. Maybe if someone out there still believes and tests that the C&C BH is better than the E12, it would convince me just enough to purchase one.

post #404 of 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

I think its only fair to add the C5 to this amp vs amp.

They're all recently released or praised in the case of the BH.

If you read this post here C&C BH has been around for about 2.5 years. Appears BH just slipped through the radar here for some time.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review/30#post_9023249

 

 

I know it's been around for a few years, re-read what I said, I think my grammar is correct. 

 

I also meant to post that in the vs thread. I posted it on mobile. My mistake. 


Edited by Apo0th3karY - 2/2/13 at 12:00am
post #405 of 3195
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post


I know it's been around for a few years, re-read what I said, I think my grammar is correct. 

I also meant to post that in the vs thread. I posted it on mobile. My mistake. 

Yes, yes. I understand now.

I also caught this in my email notification before the sneaky edit... tongue.gif

Quote:
also thought I posted this in that thread haha. I did it on mobile
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]