I'm looking for a new headset, that could accompany me while cycling, running, hiking and going to the gym.
Heres what I'm looking for:
- A headset that fits my ear, i.e. not fall off whilst for example jogging.
- An on-cable microphone is a must.
- They don't necessarily need to be in-ear or noise canceling - they just can't have any frames cause they need to fit snug under a beanie (I live in Finland and it gets pretty cold here).
- iPhone compatible volume/answer buttons on cable are a plus.
- Genres: Audiobooks (speech), metal, rock, instrumental guitar stuff.
- Source: iPhone, no external amp as of yet.
- Pricerange: <160€ (hopefully closer to 80€)
Right now I have a pair of Sennheiser's lower-end CX-series (can't remember the exact model number) earphones, picture below.
I'm not that hi-fidelity, so I was somewhat pleased with the sound quality of the sennheisers, but they lack microphone and they don't fit my ears at all. They came with three different sizes of earbuds, but none of them stay in my ears - it seems like they aren't "long" enough and when trying to get them deep enough, the wire sits in an awkward angle and slowly starts pulling them out. The only things that seem to fit my ears are my trusty earplugs with the "christmas tree"-shape with three rubber flanges, so I've searched for earphones that have similar shape.
My best choice so far are the Etymotic hf3's (http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hf3.html), which seem to have everything I need, but they're also stretching my budget a bit (~175€).
I also looked at Sennheiser/Adidas collab. CX-680i's (http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_sport-line_504603) which fit better in my budget (~70€) and seem to have all the necessities. I'm still a bit skeptical about the funky "ear-fin holding system" - it seems these might have the "length"-issue mentioned earlier and fall off.
So what do you guys think? I'm open to more suggestions or just opinions on the featured models.