In light of heavy discussion that has gone one in the portable forums about measurements for IEMs, this thread is intended to provide a consistent space to discuss the issues that dominate the portable space, including, but not limited to:
(1) General confusion about the interpretation of quantitative data
(2) Basic information about the premise and approach of measurements for insert earphones
(3) The scientific approach and its application in objective assessment of high-end audio, e.g. statistical analysis, repeatability, accountability
(4) Individual physical/physiological/pathophysiological variances in listener perception
(5) Reliable verbal communication about the personal perception of audio
(6) Listener psychology, e.g. placebo/nocebo, group psychology, etc.