Im trying to find good quality headphones for under $300. I've looked at bose and beats by dre already, but those seem to get alot of bad reviews. i simply need headphones under $300, are noise canceling, and don't leak a ton of sound. Also i would like them to look decent, although that's not the biggest factor
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need immediate help! My buddy just bought Beats. Last post on 10/20/12 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass under $200? Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cons and Pros to the Audio Technica 700 PRO MKII Last post on 7/18/11 at 9:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or something else Last post on 7/17/11 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50? Last post on 3/29/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Good headphones for under 300post #1 of 711/13/12 at 3:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/13/12 at 3:27pm
"Noise cancelling" can mean a couple different things. If your goal is to reduce other sounds, you might want to extend that to the more general "noise isolating" which opens up a much larger range of choices. In my experience "cancelling" is a nice consumer buzz-phrase but implementations don't do squat for much but the lower frequencies. By going with "isolating" you have the options of In Ear Monitors (IEMs) that include both insert and custom-molded types. These have become the workhorse of professional musicians who need to hear the mix, not the live sound, in a performance or recording setting. The better ones reach the "audiophile" range of sound quality.
Edited by jeffsf - 11/13/12 at 3:28pmpost #3 of 711/13/12 at 3:58pmThread Starterpost #4 of 711/13/12 at 4:04pmAudio Technica M50's have universal praise around here, and can be found for around $100.
You might have luck with the Sony XB500's too if you like alot of bass. Considerably cheaper, around $60.
Also take a look at the Audio Technica PRO700MK2.post #5 of 711/15/12 at 1:57pmpost #6 of 711/15/12 at 2:26pmpost #7 of 711/15/12 at 4:19pm
You can't go wrong with the AT M50S, I got to listen to a friends not to long ago and man for around $140 those are a very good sounding headphone. I'm not a headphone person but those are one pair I might just get to have something with a good amount of bass but they also have good clarity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good headphones for under 300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Any way to make my Shure SRH840's more comfortable? 1 minute ago
- › Problem with headphones 1 minute ago
- › Lcd's and unlistenable cd's 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › DAP Recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Help with headphone amp 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)