Im trying to find good quality headphones for under $300. I've looked at bose and beats by dre already, but those seem to get alot of bad reviews. i simply need headphones under $300, are noise canceling, and don't leak a ton of sound. Also i would like them to look decent, although that's not the biggest factor
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need immediate help! My buddy just bought Beats. Last post on 10/20/12 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass under $200? Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cons and Pros to the Audio Technica 700 PRO MKII Last post on 7/18/11 at 9:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or something else Last post on 7/17/11 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50? Last post on 3/29/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Good headphones for under 300post #1 of 711/13/12 at 3:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/13/12 at 3:27pm
"Noise cancelling" can mean a couple different things. If your goal is to reduce other sounds, you might want to extend that to the more general "noise isolating" which opens up a much larger range of choices. In my experience "cancelling" is a nice consumer buzz-phrase but implementations don't do squat for much but the lower frequencies. By going with "isolating" you have the options of In Ear Monitors (IEMs) that include both insert and custom-molded types. These have become the workhorse of professional musicians who need to hear the mix, not the live sound, in a performance or recording setting. The better ones reach the "audiophile" range of sound quality.
Edited by jeffsf - 11/13/12 at 3:28pmpost #3 of 711/13/12 at 3:58pmThread Starterpost #4 of 711/13/12 at 4:04pmAudio Technica M50's have universal praise around here, and can be found for around $100.
You might have luck with the Sony XB500's too if you like alot of bass. Considerably cheaper, around $60.
Also take a look at the Audio Technica PRO700MK2.post #5 of 711/15/12 at 1:57pmpost #6 of 711/15/12 at 2:26pmpost #7 of 711/15/12 at 4:19pm
You can't go wrong with the AT M50S, I got to listen to a friends not to long ago and man for around $140 those are a very good sounding headphone. I'm not a headphone person but those are one pair I might just get to have something with a good amount of bass but they also have good clarity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good headphones for under 300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 4 seconds ago
- › In need of desktop amp to power Klipsch - WB14 & subwoofer 45 seconds ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › $300 Over ear sealed headphones 2 minutes ago
- › I Have the First (and Only) EarWerkz Supra 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV player ( impressions, opinions). 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Audiotechnicha ath-a900 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)