Im trying to find good quality headphones for under $300. I've looked at bose and beats by dre already, but those seem to get alot of bad reviews. i simply need headphones under $300, are noise canceling, and don't leak a ton of sound. Also i would like them to look decent, although that's not the biggest factor
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need immediate help! My buddy just bought Beats. Last post on 10/20/12 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass under $200? Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cons and Pros to the Audio Technica 700 PRO MKII Last post on 7/18/11 at 9:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or something else Last post on 7/17/11 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50? Last post on 3/29/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Good headphones for under 300post #1 of 711/13/12 at 3:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/13/12 at 3:27pm
"Noise cancelling" can mean a couple different things. If your goal is to reduce other sounds, you might want to extend that to the more general "noise isolating" which opens up a much larger range of choices. In my experience "cancelling" is a nice consumer buzz-phrase but implementations don't do squat for much but the lower frequencies. By going with "isolating" you have the options of In Ear Monitors (IEMs) that include both insert and custom-molded types. These have become the workhorse of professional musicians who need to hear the mix, not the live sound, in a performance or recording setting. The better ones reach the "audiophile" range of sound quality.
Edited by jeffsf - 11/13/12 at 3:28pmpost #3 of 711/13/12 at 3:58pmThread Starterpost #4 of 711/13/12 at 4:04pmAudio Technica M50's have universal praise around here, and can be found for around $100.
You might have luck with the Sony XB500's too if you like alot of bass. Considerably cheaper, around $60.
Also take a look at the Audio Technica PRO700MK2.post #5 of 711/15/12 at 1:57pmpost #6 of 711/15/12 at 2:26pmpost #7 of 711/15/12 at 4:19pm
You can't go wrong with the AT M50S, I got to listen to a friends not to long ago and man for around $140 those are a very good sounding headphone. I'm not a headphone person but those are one pair I might just get to have something with a good amount of bass but they also have good clarity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good headphones for under 300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Bakoon japan launch 1st portable headphone amplifier HDA 5520 24 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 32 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)