Im trying to find good quality headphones for under $300. I've looked at bose and beats by dre already, but those seem to get alot of bad reviews. i simply need headphones under $300, are noise canceling, and don't leak a ton of sound. Also i would like them to look decent, although that's not the biggest factor
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need immediate help! My buddy just bought Beats. Last post on 10/20/12 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass under $200? Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cons and Pros to the Audio Technica 700 PRO MKII Last post on 7/18/11 at 9:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or something else Last post on 7/17/11 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50? Last post on 3/29/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Good headphones for under 300post #1 of 711/13/12 at 3:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/13/12 at 3:27pm
"Noise cancelling" can mean a couple different things. If your goal is to reduce other sounds, you might want to extend that to the more general "noise isolating" which opens up a much larger range of choices. In my experience "cancelling" is a nice consumer buzz-phrase but implementations don't do squat for much but the lower frequencies. By going with "isolating" you have the options of In Ear Monitors (IEMs) that include both insert and custom-molded types. These have become the workhorse of professional musicians who need to hear the mix, not the live sound, in a performance or recording setting. The better ones reach the "audiophile" range of sound quality.
Edited by jeffsf - 11/13/12 at 3:28pmpost #3 of 711/13/12 at 3:58pmThread Starterpost #4 of 711/13/12 at 4:04pmAudio Technica M50's have universal praise around here, and can be found for around $100.
You might have luck with the Sony XB500's too if you like alot of bass. Considerably cheaper, around $60.
Also take a look at the Audio Technica PRO700MK2.post #5 of 711/15/12 at 1:57pmpost #6 of 711/15/12 at 2:26pmpost #7 of 711/15/12 at 4:19pm
You can't go wrong with the AT M50S, I got to listen to a friends not to long ago and man for around $140 those are a very good sounding headphone. I'm not a headphone person but those are one pair I might just get to have something with a good amount of bass but they also have good clarity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good headphones for under 300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Denon D5000 markl modded with Kalantus Cedar Cup, Jmoney leather... 20 seconds ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Xperia Z2 -- any thoughts? 31 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › upgrading from the dt-1350 to the focal spirit pro! 2 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Seeking opinions which cans? 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude