Im trying to find good quality headphones for under $300. I've looked at bose and beats by dre already, but those seem to get alot of bad reviews. i simply need headphones under $300, are noise canceling, and don't leak a ton of sound. Also i would like them to look decent, although that's not the biggest factor
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 11/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 11/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need immediate help! My buddy just bought Beats. Last post on 10/20/12 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass under $200? Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cons and Pros to the Audio Technica 700 PRO MKII Last post on 7/18/11 at 9:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or something else Last post on 7/17/11 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50? Last post on 3/29/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Good headphones for under 300post #1 of 711/13/12 at 3:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/13/12 at 3:27pm
"Noise cancelling" can mean a couple different things. If your goal is to reduce other sounds, you might want to extend that to the more general "noise isolating" which opens up a much larger range of choices. In my experience "cancelling" is a nice consumer buzz-phrase but implementations don't do squat for much but the lower frequencies. By going with "isolating" you have the options of In Ear Monitors (IEMs) that include both insert and custom-molded types. These have become the workhorse of professional musicians who need to hear the mix, not the live sound, in a performance or recording setting. The better ones reach the "audiophile" range of sound quality.
Edited by jeffsf - 11/13/12 at 3:28pmpost #3 of 711/13/12 at 3:58pmThread Starterpost #4 of 711/13/12 at 4:04pmAudio Technica M50's have universal praise around here, and can be found for around $100.
You might have luck with the Sony XB500's too if you like alot of bass. Considerably cheaper, around $60.
Also take a look at the Audio Technica PRO700MK2.post #5 of 711/15/12 at 1:57pmpost #6 of 711/15/12 at 2:26pmpost #7 of 711/15/12 at 4:19pm
You can't go wrong with the AT M50S, I got to listen to a friends not to long ago and man for around $140 those are a very good sounding headphone. I'm not a headphone person but those are one pair I might just get to have something with a good amount of bass but they also have good clarity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good headphones for under 300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Vancouver meet anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude