Im trying to find good quality headphones for under $300. I've looked at bose and beats by dre already, but those seem to get alot of bad reviews. i simply need headphones under $300, are noise canceling, and don't leak a ton of sound. Also i would like them to look decent, although that's not the biggest factor
Related Forum Threads
- Need immediate help! My buddy just bought Beats. Last post on 10/20/12 at 3:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass under $200? Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cons and Pros to the Audio Technica 700 PRO MKII Last post on 7/18/11 at 9:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or something else Last post on 7/17/11 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50? Last post on 3/29/12 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Good headphones for under 300post #1 of 711/13/12 at 3:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 711/13/12 at 3:27pm
"Noise cancelling" can mean a couple different things. If your goal is to reduce other sounds, you might want to extend that to the more general "noise isolating" which opens up a much larger range of choices. In my experience "cancelling" is a nice consumer buzz-phrase but implementations don't do squat for much but the lower frequencies. By going with "isolating" you have the options of In Ear Monitors (IEMs) that include both insert and custom-molded types. These have become the workhorse of professional musicians who need to hear the mix, not the live sound, in a performance or recording setting. The better ones reach the "audiophile" range of sound quality.
Edited by jeffsf - 11/13/12 at 3:28pmpost #3 of 711/13/12 at 3:58pmThread Starterpost #4 of 711/13/12 at 4:04pmAudio Technica M50's have universal praise around here, and can be found for around $100.
You might have luck with the Sony XB500's too if you like alot of bass. Considerably cheaper, around $60.
Also take a look at the Audio Technica PRO700MK2.post #5 of 711/15/12 at 1:57pmpost #6 of 711/15/12 at 2:26pmpost #7 of 711/15/12 at 4:19pm
You can't go wrong with the AT M50S, I got to listen to a friends not to long ago and man for around $140 those are a very good sounding headphone. I'm not a headphone person but those are one pair I might just get to have something with a good amount of bass but they also have good clarity.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good headphones for under 300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former... 2 minutes ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 4 minutes ago
- › Best portable DAC/Amps for iPhone 5... 5 minutes ago
- › KEF new headphones! 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on... 6 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe