Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Fiio e17 for my setup?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio e17 for my setup?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hey guys,

I currently have a creative x-fi titanium hd rev. C hooked up to a Fiio e9 and I was wondering if there would be any benefit adding a Fiio e17. I needed a portable amp/dac solution so I was thinking why not the e17. Are there better alternatives for my situation (preferably under $200)?
post #2 of 8
What headphones are you trying to drive?
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeksime View Post

Hey guys,
I currently have a creative x-fi titanium hd rev. C hooked up to a Fiio e9 and I was wondering if there would be any benefit adding a Fiio e17. I needed a portable amp/dac solution so I was thinking why not the e17. Are there better alternatives for my situation (preferably under $200)?

Unless your going to be using really low Ohm headphones, like 25-Ohm Denon AH-D2000 with the Ti-HD (Titanium HD) and Fiio E9.

Or your getting electrical noise in the computer case that is interfering with the audio quality coming out the Ti-HD's RCA output.

I would say you really have no need to use the E17 with the Ti-HD.

 

What portable stuff (details)?

post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Unless your going to be using really low Ohm headphones, like 25-Ohm Denon AH-D2000 with the Ti-HD (Titanium HD) and Fiio E9.
Or your getting electrical noise in the computer case that is interfering with the audio quality coming out the Ti-HD's RCA output.
I would say you really have no need to use the E17 with the Ti-HD.

What portable stuff (details)?

Ipod touch 5g and Android phone.
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

What headphones are you trying to drive?

I'm thinking about getting grado Sr325is or sennheiser hd600...
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeksime View Post


Ipod touch 5g and Android phone.

Chance are you not going to be able to use the E17's DAC feature with your iPod and Android phone.

Better just to get the Fiio E11.

post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Chance are you not going to be able to use the E17's DAC feature with your iPod and Android phone.

Better just to get the Fiio E11.

 

I'm more of a basshead.  Would the Digizoid ZO 2 suffice?

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeksime View Post


I'm thinking about getting grado Sr325is or sennheiser hd600...

The E17 wont drive the hd600's properly, it doesn't with my hd650's which are the same impedance (300 ohms).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Fiio e17 for my setup?