or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 304

post #4546 of 5575

Not sure additional headphones would be anything more than a pipe dream, especially midrange or niche ones -- the upcoming addition (HE60) has still been two or three months in the making. :tongue_smile: 

post #4547 of 5575
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post
 

Not sure additional headphones would be anything more than a pipe dream, especially midrange or niche ones -- the upcoming addition (HE60) has still been two or three months in the making. :tongue_smile: 

 

well the AD900X is the... I don't know it's the next line in the AD900 people seem to find a more balanced sound with the ADx00X series headphones over thier non X labled brothers and sisters 

 

and honestly... I enjoy Metallica's Master of Puppet's album the best with my AD900X, while I find the bass on the AD900x is a little TOO tight for most music... for EDM Classical and Metal it's really top notch! The extra bit of bass on the AD900x gives guitars a nice crunch and a gentle tactility, but it's the bass too that I REALLY love, my Dt 880... has a slighty more balanced bass, where as the AD900X has a slight bass hump, which combined with it's fully open back design has really brought Cliff Burtons Bass lines ALIVE for me 

 

While it totally kills reggae how ever q.q 


Edited by Mshenay - 9/17/13 at 4:30pm
post #4548 of 5575

This is Legendary reviewer.

post #4549 of 5575
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiboy90 View Post
 

This is Legendary reviewer.

 

indee he is q.q 

post #4550 of 5575

The older ad900 has a slightly more natural balance than the ad900x though.

post #4551 of 5575
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post
 

The older ad900 has a slightly more natural balance than the ad900x though.

 

I can imagine it would, as imo the AD900x has a almost mechnical bass... a little un natrual in timbre sometimes 

post #4552 of 5575
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post
 

Not sure additional headphones would be anything more than a pipe dream, especially midrange or niche ones -- the upcoming addition (HE60) has still been two or three months in the making. :tongue_smile: 

I promise its in the works.  There's a lot of projects I am working on simultaneously, but its coming.... :)


Edited by DavidMahler - 9/18/13 at 6:52am
post #4553 of 5575
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post
 

I promise its in the works.  There's a lot of projects I am working on simultaneously, but its coming.... :)

 

Hi David. I was wondering if the new Woo 234 mono is on your list of amps to get a hold of?

post #4554 of 5575
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

 

Hi David. I was wondering if the new Woo 234 mono is on your list of amps to get a hold of?

I really do wish it was.  But unfortunately no.  When I hear it at a meet I will post impressions.

post #4555 of 5575

As someone who distributes their listening to the following: 35% classical (ranging from solo piano to symphonies), 35% rock (classic mostly, with some acoustic), 15% instrumental jazz (small ensembles mostly), 10% ambience/electronic, 5% miscellaneous, which headphone would suit me best?

 

I own the HE-500s right now, but I feel like it's missing a little something for rock and classical, though it's great on other genres. For rock, I feel like it's missing a little bite or impact that allows me to become emotionally invested in the music, and for classical, I feel like the HE-500 are a little too cramped sonically-wise for me to fully appreciate the large-scale symphonies and masses.

 

However, with electronic and jazz, the weightiness of the sound signature provide for a very engaging listen, and wouldn't change a thing.

 

Without sacrificing too much of what makes electronic and jazz music enjoyable for me, is there a headphone that would satisfy my needs for classical and rock?

post #4556 of 5575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
 

As someone who distributes their listening to the following: 35% classical (ranging from solo piano to symphonies), 35% rock (classic mostly, with some acoustic), 15% instrumental jazz (small ensembles mostly), 10% ambience/electronic, 5% miscellaneous, which headphone would suit me best?

 

I own the HE-500s right now, but I feel like it's missing a little something for rock and classical, though it's great on other genres. For rock, I feel like it's missing a little bite or impact that allows me to become emotionally invested in the music, and for classical, I feel like the HE-500 are a little too cramped sonically-wise for me to fully appreciate the large-scale symphonies and masses.

 

However, with electronic and jazz, the weightiness of the sound signature provide for a very engaging listen, and wouldn't change a thing.

 

Without sacrificing too much of what makes electronic and jazz music enjoyable for me, is there a headphone that would satisfy my needs for classical and rock?

 

I tried to answer your question on the HE-500 thread. It's hard to get one headphone to do many things, IMO. If you check Head-fi, the HD-800 is very much loved for classical.

post #4557 of 5575
This is one great piece of work indeed, thanks for all the reviews.

But i got a question, i got the HD700, and am very pleased with them, but there is one little problem and that is the sibilance, don't bother me all that much, but from time to time it does. So am wondering if that's something which could be fixed with an amp/dac? If not, which other pair of headphones would one look at for an upgrade? Of course they should have the "same" sound or sound better, without the sibilance problem, and still be as comfortable as the HD700's are, as they are a dream to wear, and to me that is important.

I've been thinking of the HD800, but i guess a decent amp/dac setup for those are probably gonna cost me a bit more than what i want to invest at the moment, but am also a bit afraid that they might have some of the sibilance problems that the HD700's have.
post #4558 of 5575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrius View Post

This is one great piece of work indeed, thanks for all the reviews.

But i got a question, i got the HD700, and am very pleased with them, but there is one little problem and that is the sibilance, don't bother me all that much, but from time to time it does. So am wondering if that's something which could be fixed with an amp/dac? If not, which other pair of headphones would one look at for an upgrade? Of course they should have the "same" sound or sound better, without the sibilance problem, and still be as comfortable as the HD700's are, as they are a dream to wear, and to me that is important.

I've been thinking of the HD800, but i guess a decent amp/dac setup for those are probably gonna cost me a bit more than what i want to invest at the moment, but am also a bit afraid that they might have some of the sibilance problems that the HD700's have.

 

 

See the bellow link (post #156):

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/612502/sennheiser-hd-700-appreciation-thread/150

post #4559 of 5575

I have both the HD700 and HE-500; in overall I like the HD700 more than the HE-500. 


Edited by pdrm360 - 9/29/13 at 2:46pm
post #4560 of 5575

anyone ever compare HD 700 to Beyerdynamic T1. i bet the T1 would destroy the HD 700.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)