Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 309

post #4621 of 23617

They are delightful. Definitely very comfy, but they can get a bit hot on a warm day. Perfect though for blocking out the noise from my window A/C unit that is only about 8-10 feet away from where I usually listen. The isolation is fantastic, especially since they are completely sealed other than a 1mm hole (in each side) for bass porting.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

 

Those ear pads look delightful!!!!!

 

It looks like I could nap on them....biggrin.gif

post #4622 of 23617

Hey Rudi,

Do you use the headphone out on the AK120 to an amplifier?  I saw there is no line out on it and was worried about getting one. I use a Pico Power like you have there.  Seems double amping may take away some clarity.  Curious on your thoughts.  

 

Waiting for the U.S. release, wish i had known about the Newport SHOW here where they were discounted but that is water under the bridge now.

post #4623 of 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My full balance set Up :

Source : iPhone 4 S
Dac : cyberlabs Class -dB 2,0 Vrms latest version
Amp : Alo. Rx 3 B
Iem : Tralucent Audio 1+2 With Tralucent UBER balance RSA
Sennheiser HD 800 With Whiplash Custom cable twag / Twcu balance RSA
Ultrasone ED 8 Ruthenium With Custom cable twag v2 balance RSA
Cable : Balance RSA to RSA Tralucent UBER cable

SQ : if you want to drive Your headphones and iems to the next level Sound Quality please do full balance set Up .

rudi,myself i never experience balanced iem be4.............ur words make me very curious,to be specific,in ur combo chain what balanced iem(and balanced out put) bring to SQ beside more output power? rx3b is my target but im after sq,not just output power coz i dont use much of fullside(my combo is clas-db+glacier+er4s,and im thinking of getting glacier replaced by rx3b so i can take full adv of balaced stuff)

post #4624 of 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

Hey Rudi,
Do you use the headphone out on the AK120 to an amplifier?  I saw there is no line out on it and was worried about getting one. I use a Pico Power like you have there.  Seems double amping may take away some clarity.  Curious on your thoughts.  

Waiting for the U.S. release, wish i had known about the Newport SHOW here where they were discounted but that is water under the bridge now.

Hi Dave

Yes both AK 100 and AK 120 Dont have line Out like My HDP R 10,

I use the headphone Out .

It is No Problem With AK 120 headphone Out , Do not efffected to the clarity .

The SQ AK 120 with pico power increase the clarity , detail,, midrange and bass impact .
I love it this set up biggrin.gif
post #4625 of 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfever View Post

rudi,myself i never experience balanced iem be4.............ur words make me very curious,to be specific,in ur combo chain what balanced iem(and balanced out put) bring to SQ beside more output power? rx3b is my target but im after sq,not just output power coz i dont use much of fullside(my combo is clas-db+glacier+er4s,and im thinking of getting glacier replaced by rx3b so i can take full adv of balaced stuff)

In my chain

iPhone 4S > cyberlabs Class -dB 2,0 Vrms > alo Rx 3 B > Tralucent Audio 1+2 with UBER cable balance RSA from Tralucent Audio .

Between cyberlabs class -dB 2,0 Vrms to Alo Rx 3 B use RSA to RSA balance UBER cable from Tralucent Audio .

With alo Rx 3 B you can adjust the gain setting

Minor minus from Alo Rx 3 B : small hissing for iems with low impendance
post #4626 of 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinghui0711 View Post

Agree. HD580 is remarkable. I have the HD580 /w HD600 grill biggrin.gif

Our music taste almost the same hahaha biggrin.gif

I keep mine HD 580 in original condition , never replace any parts biggrin.gif
SQ is very good until now
post #4627 of 23617

The ODAC --> Quickstep --> Tzar 350 - I love this very portable and clean sounding setup. The best thing is that I can bring it with me in my bag everywhere I go. 

 

post #4628 of 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmushorn View Post

The ODAC --> Quickstep --> Tzar 350 - I love this very portable and clean sounding setup. The best thing is that I can bring it with me in my bag everywhere I go. 



I am agree with your set up above
I have heard my friend ODAC SQ is very smooth and clean
post #4629 of 23617

 

 

iPhone 5 with real bamboo case -> FAD Heaven VI gold. Au + bambo0 = extra SQ.

post #4630 of 23617
Sony MDR NC 10 is the base design for Sony MDR EX 1000

Source : AK 100 FAD
Iems : from right to left
1995 : Sony Earbud MDR EX 888 top of the line in year 1995
1996 : Sony Noise Cancelling MDR NC 10 Japan version
2010 : Sony MDR EX 1000 dynamic driver Japan version

SQ : Sony iems are very good sound quality for many ears biggrin.gif

post #4631 of 23617

Those Sonys are odd looking, especially the Earbuds but if they sound good then what does it matter!

post #4632 of 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post





iPhone 5 with real bamboo case -> FAD Heaven VI gold. Au + bambo0 = extra SQ.

Beautiful!!! Really!
But the cable is microphonic riight? I have this also and pairing with hifiman hehehe

Case is like cosmetic case

E0884BC1-A143-402F-9FF4-B1DA7D8D0832-514-0000004085AAB9D0.jpg
Edited by Advert - 6/9/13 at 8:00am
post #4633 of 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHedges View Post

Those Sonys are odd looking, especially the Earbuds but if they sound good then what does it matter!

Yes you are right , today nobody want buy if look like this , this was Sony MDR EX 888 from year 1995 like grandpa.
The SQ is very good biggrin.gif
post #4634 of 23617

Not on the same level as our friend Rudi, LOL...but this combo has been serving me well. iPod touch 5G > DIY Mundorf silver/ copper hybrid interconnect > Leckerton UHA6S MKII (8610) > Magnus 1 > Heir 8.A

 

I have been preferring the touch over my modded iPod video 5.5G lately so I can use Mog streaming service for music discovery.

 

post #4635 of 23617
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

Not on the same level as our friend Rudi, LOL...but this combo has been serving me well. iPod touch 5G > DIY Mundorf silver/ copper hybrid interconnect > Leckerton UHA6S MKII (8610) > Magnus 1 > Heir 8.A

I have been preferring the touch over my modded iPod video 5.5G lately so I can use Mog streaming service for music discovery.



Isn't that double amping usually brings higher distortion?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)