Looking for your review really soon :-) (soon? )
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will not be doing a full blown review because I am not qualified but will certainly give impressions.
It sounds great, but you have to love bass as it is very strong.
My TH 900 best portable / transportable set up now :
Source : Ak 100 DIY mod with copper gold cable
dac : Ibasso DB 2 mod maxx
lamp : alo Rx 3 B
headphone : Fostex TH 900
cable : AK 100 > ibasso dB 2 use optical cable from syst concept Canada
Ibasso dB 2 > Alo Rx 3 B use Balance Hiroshe to RSA 8 braid solid silver core 24 awg
Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but what exactly is going on between the TH900 and the Rx 3 B? Is that a hirose to 3.5mm trs single-ended adapter?
this is balance connection between ibasso dB 2 use HIROSHE and alo Rx 3 B use RSA balance connector too.
alo Rx 3 B to TH 900 I use normal single ended connectors , TH 900 use male 6,3 mm to my adaptor female 6,3 mm to mini 3,5 mm > to alo Rx 3 B.
My pico power in orange colour just arrived this afternoon :
Source : iPhone 4 s
amp : pico power orange
headphone : ultrasone sig DJ
cable : oyaide headphone cable for ULS sig DJ with rhodium jack
Really nice color. Tell us how it sounds !
Out the box :SQ excellent , very high end sounding portable amp , smooth high , very sweet midrange like tube amp , bass very clean and power full in high gain .
Source : AK 100 DIY mod
Amp : pico power orange colour
Headphone : LCD 3
cable : Norse cable reign 24 braid x 21 awg with rhodium silver plate mini jack
Mini to mini use Stax
SQ : just 1 hour burn in sound so good and very silent background almost dead silent .
Thanks...but I guess they are more for cans :(
One of my best portable / transportable set up with LCD 3 :
Source : AK 100 DIY mod
dac : ibasso DB2 balance Dac
Amp : Pico Power orange colour
Pheadphone : LCD 3
LCD 3 use Norse cable REIGN 24 braid x 21 awg with rhodium silver mini jack .
ak 100 DIY mod > ibasso dB 2 use optical cable syst concept Canada
ibasso dB 2 > pico power use HIROSHE BALANCE yo mini jack
SQ : so full balance sounding portable like desktop set up
i love it, it has much less noise then my macbook air / though i havent compared it directly to a S3 (i will later on), few users already said its much better then the Note 2/S3, Volume levels are definately loud enough for me, The sound quality is warm sounding, punchy, powerful but very musical. So far really happy with the purchase
I'm gonna bother you a bit more......
Can you tell me what is the lowest and the highest frequency in the custom eq setting?
For example in th s3 the lowest is 60hz and the highest is 14khz.....
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 17 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 Prototypes 2 minutes ago
- › Winter 2014 AAMML Holiday Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Last Mid ohio meet this year Fall meet here we come. (westerville... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 5 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude