Looking for your review really soon :-) (soon? )
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will not be doing a full blown review because I am not qualified but will certainly give impressions.
It sounds great, but you have to love bass as it is very strong.
My TH 900 best portable / transportable set up now :
Source : Ak 100 DIY mod with copper gold cable
dac : Ibasso DB 2 mod maxx
lamp : alo Rx 3 B
headphone : Fostex TH 900
cable : AK 100 > ibasso dB 2 use optical cable from syst concept Canada
Ibasso dB 2 > Alo Rx 3 B use Balance Hiroshe to RSA 8 braid solid silver core 24 awg
Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but what exactly is going on between the TH900 and the Rx 3 B? Is that a hirose to 3.5mm trs single-ended adapter?
this is balance connection between ibasso dB 2 use HIROSHE and alo Rx 3 B use RSA balance connector too.
alo Rx 3 B to TH 900 I use normal single ended connectors , TH 900 use male 6,3 mm to my adaptor female 6,3 mm to mini 3,5 mm > to alo Rx 3 B.
My pico power in orange colour just arrived this afternoon :
Source : iPhone 4 s
amp : pico power orange
headphone : ultrasone sig DJ
cable : oyaide headphone cable for ULS sig DJ with rhodium jack
Really nice color. Tell us how it sounds !
Out the box :SQ excellent , very high end sounding portable amp , smooth high , very sweet midrange like tube amp , bass very clean and power full in high gain .
Source : AK 100 DIY mod
Amp : pico power orange colour
Headphone : LCD 3
cable : Norse cable reign 24 braid x 21 awg with rhodium silver plate mini jack
Mini to mini use Stax
SQ : just 1 hour burn in sound so good and very silent background almost dead silent .
Thanks...but I guess they are more for cans :(
One of my best portable / transportable set up with LCD 3 :
Source : AK 100 DIY mod
dac : ibasso DB2 balance Dac
Amp : Pico Power orange colour
Pheadphone : LCD 3
LCD 3 use Norse cable REIGN 24 braid x 21 awg with rhodium silver mini jack .
ak 100 DIY mod > ibasso dB 2 use optical cable syst concept Canada
ibasso dB 2 > pico power use HIROSHE BALANCE yo mini jack
SQ : so full balance sounding portable like desktop set up
i love it, it has much less noise then my macbook air / though i havent compared it directly to a S3 (i will later on), few users already said its much better then the Note 2/S3, Volume levels are definately loud enough for me, The sound quality is warm sounding, punchy, powerful but very musical. So far really happy with the purchase
I'm gonna bother you a bit more......
Can you tell me what is the lowest and the highest frequency in the custom eq setting?
For example in th s3 the lowest is 60hz and the highest is 14khz.....
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 second ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 33 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] - UDac3 - Good things do come in small packages 6 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 8 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob