Looking for your review really soon :-) (soon? )
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will not be doing a full blown review because I am not qualified but will certainly give impressions.
It sounds great, but you have to love bass as it is very strong.
My TH 900 best portable / transportable set up now :
Source : Ak 100 DIY mod with copper gold cable
dac : Ibasso DB 2 mod maxx
lamp : alo Rx 3 B
headphone : Fostex TH 900
cable : AK 100 > ibasso dB 2 use optical cable from syst concept Canada
Ibasso dB 2 > Alo Rx 3 B use Balance Hiroshe to RSA 8 braid solid silver core 24 awg
Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but what exactly is going on between the TH900 and the Rx 3 B? Is that a hirose to 3.5mm trs single-ended adapter?
this is balance connection between ibasso dB 2 use HIROSHE and alo Rx 3 B use RSA balance connector too.
alo Rx 3 B to TH 900 I use normal single ended connectors , TH 900 use male 6,3 mm to my adaptor female 6,3 mm to mini 3,5 mm > to alo Rx 3 B.
My pico power in orange colour just arrived this afternoon :
Source : iPhone 4 s
amp : pico power orange
headphone : ultrasone sig DJ
cable : oyaide headphone cable for ULS sig DJ with rhodium jack
Really nice color. Tell us how it sounds !
Out the box :SQ excellent , very high end sounding portable amp , smooth high , very sweet midrange like tube amp , bass very clean and power full in high gain .
Source : AK 100 DIY mod
Amp : pico power orange colour
Headphone : LCD 3
cable : Norse cable reign 24 braid x 21 awg with rhodium silver plate mini jack
Mini to mini use Stax
SQ : just 1 hour burn in sound so good and very silent background almost dead silent .
Thanks...but I guess they are more for cans :(
One of my best portable / transportable set up with LCD 3 :
Source : AK 100 DIY mod
dac : ibasso DB2 balance Dac
Amp : Pico Power orange colour
Pheadphone : LCD 3
LCD 3 use Norse cable REIGN 24 braid x 21 awg with rhodium silver mini jack .
ak 100 DIY mod > ibasso dB 2 use optical cable syst concept Canada
ibasso dB 2 > pico power use HIROSHE BALANCE yo mini jack
SQ : so full balance sounding portable like desktop set up
i love it, it has much less noise then my macbook air / though i havent compared it directly to a S3 (i will later on), few users already said its much better then the Note 2/S3, Volume levels are definately loud enough for me, The sound quality is warm sounding, punchy, powerful but very musical. So far really happy with the purchase
I'm gonna bother you a bit more......
Can you tell me what is the lowest and the highest frequency in the custom eq setting?
For example in th s3 the lowest is 60hz and the highest is 14khz.....
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier 49 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 6 minutes ago
- › Which cans to pick under 200? 7 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 9 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob