Looking for your review really soon :-) (soon? )
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will not be doing a full blown review because I am not qualified but will certainly give impressions.
It sounds great, but you have to love bass as it is very strong.
My TH 900 best portable / transportable set up now :
Source : Ak 100 DIY mod with copper gold cable
dac : Ibasso DB 2 mod maxx
lamp : alo Rx 3 B
headphone : Fostex TH 900
cable : AK 100 > ibasso dB 2 use optical cable from syst concept Canada
Ibasso dB 2 > Alo Rx 3 B use Balance Hiroshe to RSA 8 braid solid silver core 24 awg
Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but what exactly is going on between the TH900 and the Rx 3 B? Is that a hirose to 3.5mm trs single-ended adapter?
this is balance connection between ibasso dB 2 use HIROSHE and alo Rx 3 B use RSA balance connector too.
alo Rx 3 B to TH 900 I use normal single ended connectors , TH 900 use male 6,3 mm to my adaptor female 6,3 mm to mini 3,5 mm > to alo Rx 3 B.
My pico power in orange colour just arrived this afternoon :
Source : iPhone 4 s
amp : pico power orange
headphone : ultrasone sig DJ
cable : oyaide headphone cable for ULS sig DJ with rhodium jack
Really nice color. Tell us how it sounds !
Out the box :SQ excellent , very high end sounding portable amp , smooth high , very sweet midrange like tube amp , bass very clean and power full in high gain .
Source : AK 100 DIY mod
Amp : pico power orange colour
Headphone : LCD 3
cable : Norse cable reign 24 braid x 21 awg with rhodium silver plate mini jack
Mini to mini use Stax
SQ : just 1 hour burn in sound so good and very silent background almost dead silent .
Thanks...but I guess they are more for cans :(
One of my best portable / transportable set up with LCD 3 :
Source : AK 100 DIY mod
dac : ibasso DB2 balance Dac
Amp : Pico Power orange colour
Pheadphone : LCD 3
LCD 3 use Norse cable REIGN 24 braid x 21 awg with rhodium silver mini jack .
ak 100 DIY mod > ibasso dB 2 use optical cable syst concept Canada
ibasso dB 2 > pico power use HIROSHE BALANCE yo mini jack
SQ : so full balance sounding portable like desktop set up
i love it, it has much less noise then my macbook air / though i havent compared it directly to a S3 (i will later on), few users already said its much better then the Note 2/S3, Volume levels are definately loud enough for me, The sound quality is warm sounding, punchy, powerful but very musical. So far really happy with the purchase
I'm gonna bother you a bit more......
Can you tell me what is the lowest and the highest frequency in the custom eq setting?
For example in th s3 the lowest is 60hz and the highest is 14khz.....
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 12 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude