Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 87

post #1291 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaholic View Post

 

 

6th gen iPod Nano > FiiO LOD > Ray Samuels Shadow > JH16Pro
I found the perfect balance between sound quality, portability, and usability (yes I like the playback interface of iDevices) with this combination.  

Also the battery lasts forever!  

nice set up. although I am not a fan of Apple the Nano looks nice in your set up.

post #1292 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


They actually remind me of GR07's tone in some regards with much better staging, imaging and separation. they're certainly neutral, their name would not suggest how they sound. A little bass light compared to GR07, a touch crisper in the mids due to the dual BA's, a touch polite in treble for me, (though I do like TF10 treble). Natural timbre, they can be a little sibilant like Vsonics. Overall very nice sounding IEM for $119 and something you must tune yourself into like GR07. to get the "vibe"
I just bought one. Thanks RAFA!


 No problemo :)

post #1293 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post

 

you need something like this: http://www.ebay.at/itm/Anti-Slip-Pad-Anti-Rutsch-Matte-Haftmatte-Klebepad-Handy-NEU-/190660865767?pt=DE_Handy_PDA_Halterungen&hash=item2c6445eee7

 

I have one at home, it really sticks to my cellphone, no rubber band can reach its adhesiveness....

 

 

That seems rather odd and interesting, at the same time! Do you mean it can hold an amp and a DAP together, like the rubber bands, but just by placing that thong between them? confused.gif

post #1294 of 14375
Looks like just an anti-slip mat to me. biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #1295 of 14375
I think it's a "sticky" anti slip mat?

lol Read this from the description.
Quote:
Note!
Due to the pixel is different at different computers.Maybe the real product is a littile bit diffrent from our picture.

biggrin.gif
post #1296 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro976 View Post


First post been learning a lot from you guys!! So thanks!!!

Clip zip, Rockbox'd, 32gb card loaded with all Flac/ fiio E5/ TF10's reshelled from Fisher
Need new cables for all including my tf10's but not sure where to get em.

This is my first Rig and I'm in the process of building a home rig with an 80gb iPod classic paired with fiio's E11 or E17 not sure which one yet. Also can I play Flac files on the iPod if it is Rockbox'd ?
 

Heard good things about SunRicky's stuff, been considering some of his Dark Lords cables for mine.

post #1297 of 14375

just arrived now... my new DAP... undefined

post #1298 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I think it's a "sticky" anti slip mat?

lol Read this from the description.
biggrin.gif


And I guess they hold stuff vertical as well as no slip.

Here is the Chinese company that makes a few thousand styles of them. biggrin.gif

post #1299 of 14375

To hold your source and amp together you could try using 3M dual lock. Tyll at Innerfidelity has a video and article on it. Its pretty slim, and lasts longer than velcro and sticks much more strongly.

post #1300 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

To hold your source and amp together you could try using 3M dual lock. Tyll at Innerfidelity has a video and article on it. Its pretty slim, and lasts longer than velcro and sticks much more strongly.

 

Yep, its good stuff. I got some of the transparent low-profile dual lock tape, works well. Although it doesn't have as firm a hold as the regular profile dual lock tape it is plenty strong enough for holding an amp.

post #1301 of 14375

I am currently using the 3M Dual Lock, the regular ones, they could probably hold bricks together. It does take a big of time to pry them apart on the first use.

post #1302 of 14375
I think FiiO bands will get me out of trouble I ordered one of those sticky slip things. tongue.gif The main thing is to swap out my players within 5 - 10 seconds, I don't won't to be prying apart dual lock or tape hard stuck to the back of my devices. My rigs don't require much portability for around the house. So bands are fine. smile.gif

@~Santo8891

Hifiman HM-601 or 602? is a nice player, has a wonderful warm atmosphere. I have one here, pairs well with amps from the line out, achieve different flavours! wink.gif

I just hope you don't mind charging it everyday like I do. tongue_smile.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/15/13 at 8:15pm
post #1303 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I think FiiO bands will get me out of trouble I ordered one of those sticky slip things. tongue.gif The main thing is to swap out my players within 5 - 10 seconds, I don't won't to be prying apart dual lock or tape hard stuck to the back of my devices. My rigs don't require much portability for around the house. So bands are fine. smile.gif

@~Santo8891

Hifiman HM-601 or 602? is a nice player, has a wonderful warm atmosphere. I have one here, pairs well with amps from the line out, achieve different flavours! wink.gif

I just hope you don't mind charging it everyday like I do. tongue_smile.gif


yeah... you bet...  it's HM 601... since I dont really need the DAC for my desktop... (already have my own desktop)

I still looking for the better amp though...

 

I guess it's no choice... as long as it's sounds good... eventhough the battery is pain in ass... confused_face.gif

post #1304 of 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

That seems rather odd and interesting, at the same time! Do you mean it can hold an amp and a DAP together, like the rubber bands, but just by placing that thong between them? confused.gif

 

Well, I have two different "sticky pads" at home. The bigger one can barely hold my iBasso D10 and my Cowon D3 together, but due to the fact that the back of the Cowon is kind of a matte surface it is not that good.

 

Then there is the "sticky pad" that I have in my car. This one holds anything like it is mold in concrete.

 

I do not know how the principle work...

post #1305 of 14375

Thanks for the R50 synopsis; I'm intrigued, but I think I still want to go a step up from the GR07 (as soon as I sell/trade my Quads - no takers as of yet frown.gif)

With my J3, I'm leaning towards an iem that's a bit warmer to offset what I perceive to be a cold-sounding dap ( edit: and I'm wondering it the 3Ai would do the trick...)
 


Edited by doublea71 - 1/15/13 at 10:58pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)