Both balanced and unbalanced output: http://www.luxman.co.jp/presspro/p700u.html
Related Forum Threads
- Luxman P-1 (100V Version) Last post on 8/22/10 at 11:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Rudistor rp010 sound quality vs. newer amps (Beta22 or Luxman P1U). Last post on 7/6/11 at 2:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is you dream headphone system Last post on 8/11/10 at 9:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LUXMAN unveils P-700u Balanced Headphone Amp Last post on 2/15/13 at 5:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:22am in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
- Headphone Impedance
Just announced: Luxman P-700u balanced headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
For now, you can have a look to Fujya Avic's blog: http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/blog/?p=7428
The amp will be at their headphone festival this week end, but I expect mile long lines to hear it so I will probably leave it to someone to comment on the sound . Also, the fact I no long have headphones to plug into it makes it even more difficult for me to give any kind of impressions... But it looks pretty nice so I thought I should share the news
Luxman P-700u balanced amp
Expected December sales, pricing JPY 294,000
Equipped with return Quad Luxman own latest high the sound quality 増 amplitude to the loop ODNF (Only Distortion Negative Feedback) 3.0A version and brightest independent power supply, and can the balanced output of BTL bridging.
Panel output terminals of the two 3-pin XLR balanced outputs, and two holes 6.3mm headphone output, another addition to the three input channels (two balanced single-ended) can adjust the sensitivity of three sections of the left and right channel balance.
Output balance mode 8W × 2ch (16Ω), 4W × 2ch (32Ω), 213mW × 2ch (600Ω). Single-ended mode 4W x 2ch (8Ω) 2W × 2ch (16Ω), 1W × 2ch (32Ω) , 53mW × 2ch (600Ω).
Another characteristic is that the volume control on the electronic circuit LECUA (Luxman Electric Controlled Ultimate Attenuator). Avoid the situation of the traditional volume control on the left and right volume partial tone and sound quality deterioration.
THD: 0.0035% of the single-ended (1kHz) / balanced 0.0020%, (1kHz)
S / N ratio: 110dB / balance of single-ended 115dB
Power consumption: 42W / no signal when 27W
Dimensions: 440 × 400 × 92mm (width × depth ×)
[Last edited by palchiu 2012-10-26 13:32]
Edited by rudi0504 - 10/26/12 at 4:12am
Seems nice but Luxman want's to keep in in Japan. I wonder why...
I don't like dual 3 pins, what is wrong with one 4 pin? I like this: "Another characteristic is that the volume control on the electronic circuit LECUA (Luxman Electric Controlled Ultimate Attenuator). Avoid the situation of the traditional volume control on the left and right volume partial tone and sound quality deterioration." I don't like the messy internals.
Looking inside that thing you have got to wonder what they were thinking...
- Just announced: Luxman P-700u balanced headphone amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review 9 seconds ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 11 seconds ago
- › Head-Fidentification! 50 seconds ago
- › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › DNA Sonett 2 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe