Both balanced and unbalanced output: http://www.luxman.co.jp/presspro/p700u.html
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD Last post on 8/22/10 at 11:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Rudistor rp010 sound quality vs. newer amps (Beta22 or Luxman P1U). Last post on 7/6/11 at 2:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What is you dream headphone system Last post on 8/11/10 at 9:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LUXMAN unveils P-700u Balanced Headphone Amp Last post on 2/15/13 at 5:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
- Headphone Impedance
Just announced: Luxman P-700u balanced headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For now, you can have a look to Fujya Avic's blog: http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/blog/?p=7428
The amp will be at their headphone festival this week end, but I expect mile long lines to hear it so I will probably leave it to someone to comment on the sound . Also, the fact I no long have headphones to plug into it makes it even more difficult for me to give any kind of impressions... But it looks pretty nice so I thought I should share the news
Luxman P-700u balanced amp
Expected December sales, pricing JPY 294,000
Equipped with return Quad Luxman own latest high the sound quality 増 amplitude to the loop ODNF (Only Distortion Negative Feedback) 3.0A version and brightest independent power supply, and can the balanced output of BTL bridging.
Panel output terminals of the two 3-pin XLR balanced outputs, and two holes 6.3mm headphone output, another addition to the three input channels (two balanced single-ended) can adjust the sensitivity of three sections of the left and right channel balance.
Output balance mode 8W × 2ch (16Ω), 4W × 2ch (32Ω), 213mW × 2ch (600Ω). Single-ended mode 4W x 2ch (8Ω) 2W × 2ch (16Ω), 1W × 2ch (32Ω) , 53mW × 2ch (600Ω).
Another characteristic is that the volume control on the electronic circuit LECUA (Luxman Electric Controlled Ultimate Attenuator). Avoid the situation of the traditional volume control on the left and right volume partial tone and sound quality deterioration.
THD: 0.0035% of the single-ended (1kHz) / balanced 0.0020%, (1kHz)
S / N ratio: 110dB / balance of single-ended 115dB
Power consumption: 42W / no signal when 27W
Dimensions: 440 × 400 × 92mm (width × depth ×)
[Last edited by palchiu 2012-10-26 13:32]
Edited by rudi0504 - 10/26/12 at 4:12am
Seems nice but Luxman want's to keep in in Japan. I wonder why...
I don't like dual 3 pins, what is wrong with one 4 pin? I like this: "Another characteristic is that the volume control on the electronic circuit LECUA (Luxman Electric Controlled Ultimate Attenuator). Avoid the situation of the traditional volume control on the left and right volume partial tone and sound quality deterioration." I don't like the messy internals.
Looking inside that thing you have got to wonder what they were thinking...
- Just announced: Luxman P-700u balanced headphone amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 29 seconds ago
- › Help with headphone identification please! (Vintage) 1 minute ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 2 minutes ago
- › How can i use Fiio e17 with iphone 5? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Portable speakers: Bose Soundlink Mini or UE Boom? 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)