Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony XBA-1 and XBA-4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Sony XBA-1 and XBA-4 - Page 5

post #61 of 170
Sony Singapore currently having year end sales :-) bought my XBA4 for 255SGD and i thing is a bargain price for a quad .
post #62 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by boleh7 View Post

Sony Singapore currently having year end sales :-) bought my XBA4 for 255SGD and i thing is a bargain price for a quad .

Lucky you. That's £5 less than I paid for my XBA3s. 

post #63 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

XBA-4 highs are way over-exaggerated and the lows end are all mixed in, I know there is bass but I feel no impact from it. 

indeed! However, I get too much bass on my friend's iPod Classic 80GB with flat EQ... just my 2 cent. What source you using to pair with ur XBA-4?

post #64 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

indeed! However, I get too much bass on my friend's iPod Classic 80GB with flat EQ... just my 2 cent. What source you using to pair with ur XBA-4?

So fair the best result is achieved by ipod touch 7th generation! But the best bass impact is achieved by clip+.

 

I heard the best of XBA-4 is achieved by pairing it with portaphile 627 amp, but I dont know if spending 500 is a wise thing to do for XBA-4!

post #65 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

So fair the best result is achieved by ipod touch 7th generation! But the best bass impact is achieved by clip+.

 

I heard the best of XBA-4 is achieved by pairing it with portaphile 627 amp, but I dont know if spending 500 is a wise thing to do for XBA-4!

I see you got a few amp...how it sound when paired with those? :)

post #66 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

I see you got a few amp...how it sound when paired with those? :)

I dont own ortaphile 627 amp, it is based on Mike from headfonia.com review. 

If you dont own the XBA-4 already my advice is dont buy it and stay away from it. Even at 150-200 it is hard for me to recommend it to anyone!

post #67 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

I dont own ortaphile 627 amp, it is based on Mike from headfonia.com review. 

If you dont own the XBA-4 already my advice is dont buy it and stay away from it. Even at 150-200 it is hard for me to recommend it to anyone!

I still have it XD & I kind of addicted to the sound. It really depends on what kind of sound you are looking for though... Might be selling it if I can find better ones and people are willing to buy it

post #68 of 170

Hi fellas,

 

Just saw this today, worth getting??! L3000.gif

 

700

 

Dick Smith down under have some sales going, like to hear what you guys think price vs performace?!

 

Thanks! basshead.gif

post #69 of 170

go for it mate! 

 

I think there is something wrong with DSE site, the prices are way too good to be true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volly View Post

Hi fellas,

 

Just saw this today, worth getting??! L3000.gif

 

700

 

Dick Smith down under have some sales going, like to hear what you guys think price vs performace?!

 

Thanks! basshead.gif


Edited by audionewbi - 12/7/12 at 5:34pm
post #70 of 170
Thread Starter 

Generally speaking DSE's price isn't particularly competitive (well, same can be said to most Auzzie / Kiwi sites), but the original XBA series is getting phased out by the new XBA series so maybe they are cutting price for a quick sale?

post #71 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Generally speaking DSE's price isn't particularly competitive (well, same can be said to most Auzzie / Kiwi sites), but the original XBA series is getting phased out by the new XBA series so maybe they are cutting price for a quick sale?

The UE900 is selling for 349, too bad it is store pick up and it is far away! The UE9000 with delivery is around 355 which is not bad! Spend the past 6 hours reading about W4 vs UE900 vs CKM1000, I am just about ready to go crazy,  nice 6 hours wasted and still no clear winner can be found! 

post #72 of 170
Thread Starter 

I have no particular great impression over the CKM1000 (heard the limited edition and it is okay, but not great). Haven't heard the UE900, but the only universal that I believe that can rival W4 is the CK100 Pro.

post #73 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by volly View Post

Hi fellas,

 

Just saw this today, worth getting??! L3000.gif

 

700

 

Dick Smith down under have some sales going, like to hear what you guys think price vs performace?!

 

Thanks! basshead.gif


Holy crap the price difference between the XBA-1 and the 4 is just huge ! Lowest I have seen them were 348 (http://amzn.to/XKBxiY)

post #74 of 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post but the original XBA series is getting phased out by the new XBA series so maybe they are cutting price for a quick sale?

 

No sign of the XBA getting phased out here. They've never gone below 20% saving and by the looks of it the newer XBA 10,20 etc. are to released at your side of the pond.

 

I think XBA sales are doing well here. Everytime i go to the SonyStyle store I see newer boxes of the earphones on the stands. So I guess they are selling well even at original price. Comparing with the Z walkman, the Z never sold well hence 'no longer available' in the US

post #75 of 170

Ordered a pair of XB-4 after reading two times this good review :) Hope they will pair good with my new coming F807 beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Sony XBA-1 and XBA-4