Thumbs up for AK100 and CK100PRO. I can only listen to the CK100PRO using the AK100, but I really dislike the fact that I cannot listen to a relatively large portion of my music because of the lack of gapless.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 4/4/14 at 4:56am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 302
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4517 of 83704/28/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
Well it's possible you just have to overlook it ;).post #4518 of 83704/29/13 at 12:07am
I wrote a long reply before but decided to not to post it, my view is AK100 is at best an audio-enthusiast product. Audio-enthusiast are those who are willingly take risk on been the guinea pig of first generation products.
AK100 is far from perfect and those who argue otherwise have a lot to defend for. I did say if I find it at the right price i am willing to test it and I did, I might just overlook it this one case :Dpost #4519 of 83704/29/13 at 12:21am
Well if indeed the new flagship is gonna be double the price of the AK100 (wondering if that is when it was at full price....) I'd hope they'd have all the issues addressed at that point. We'll see....
post #4520 of 83704/29/13 at 1:50ampost #4521 of 83704/29/13 at 1:59am
The current screen on AK100 has a nice half a second lag, till now no one is able to come close the UI that apple has came up with. I actually love the one they have on ipod nano 7G alot more than the one they have on their ipod touch. If they bring a 32 GB version of their nano I will happily sell my AK100 and stick with my DD socket 1 which I find sound a lot better than AK100.
The only think I like about AK100 is its incredibly silent background.post #4522 of 83704/29/13 at 2:03ampost #4523 of 83704/29/13 at 2:29ampost #4524 of 83704/29/13 at 2:47ampost #4525 of 83704/29/13 at 3:19am
Audionewb, what is DD socket 1???
as regards AK i do not know how stock version sounds but RWAK beats any iPod by a light mile :-D
i also hate iPods for many things, let me put a few here:
a) the compulsory use of iTunes which is worst software when it comes to organising your music because silly iTunes does everything to its liking and then you have to change everything manually
b) no expansion memory slot, so you stuck with limited storage capacity
c) high-res files playback, i am not a big fan of Apple loseless and if i am not mistaken there is NO roxboxing for iTouch and newer Nano, right?
d) EQ on iPod sucks... so the only choice is to turn it off (at least in my case)
i think these reasons are enough to put me off from iPods.
mind this i have full house of Apples and knowing personally director of Apple Europe i never could convince myself to buy iPod... so far the only iPod we have is iTouch 4G from my daughter just because she likes Apple navigation and screen but she is not audiophile and is happy with iTouch + x10i + Shozy amp :-D)))post #4526 of 83704/29/13 at 3:34ampost #4527 of 83704/29/13 at 3:58am
ipod touch is not meant to play anything greater than 24/48. I've reached the point where UI is an essential point of enjoying music. I do not mind iTune, it works fine if your flac file are tagged properly and you do not mind converting them into ALAC.post #4528 of 83704/29/13 at 4:30ampost #4529 of 83704/29/13 at 4:32ampost #4530 of 83704/29/13 at 4:53am
I think pretending a product is perfect will just be not wise. I am sure iriver appreciates feedback no matter what it is.
So far the feedbacks are:
1-22 ohm resistor
4- Inconsistant battery meter indicator
5-Poor placement of the volume knob, should be positioned at the top
6-The layout is not truly one hand does all, it requires two hands to control this unit.
The key reason why people are disappointed is that iriver had over 5 years to come up with AK100 from the H120 and considering how well recieved the HA120 was people had high hopes and for most they just did not deliver.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 24 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 34 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 52 seconds ago
- › [Review] Oppo PM-1, Oppo hit the nail on the head 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Moving too fast with purchases? 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude