Thumbs up for AK100 and CK100PRO. I can only listen to the CK100PRO using the AK100, but I really dislike the fact that I cannot listen to a relatively large portion of my music because of the lack of gapless.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 302
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well it's possible you just have to overlook it ;).
I wrote a long reply before but decided to not to post it, my view is AK100 is at best an audio-enthusiast product. Audio-enthusiast are those who are willingly take risk on been the guinea pig of first generation products.
AK100 is far from perfect and those who argue otherwise have a lot to defend for. I did say if I find it at the right price i am willing to test it and I did, I might just overlook it this one case :D
Well if indeed the new flagship is gonna be double the price of the AK100 (wondering if that is when it was at full price....) I'd hope they'd have all the issues addressed at that point. We'll see....
The current screen on AK100 has a nice half a second lag, till now no one is able to come close the UI that apple has came up with. I actually love the one they have on ipod nano 7G alot more than the one they have on their ipod touch. If they bring a 32 GB version of their nano I will happily sell my AK100 and stick with my DD socket 1 which I find sound a lot better than AK100.
The only think I like about AK100 is its incredibly silent background.
Audionewb, what is DD socket 1???
as regards AK i do not know how stock version sounds but RWAK beats any iPod by a light mile :-D
i also hate iPods for many things, let me put a few here:
a) the compulsory use of iTunes which is worst software when it comes to organising your music because silly iTunes does everything to its liking and then you have to change everything manually
b) no expansion memory slot, so you stuck with limited storage capacity
c) high-res files playback, i am not a big fan of Apple loseless and if i am not mistaken there is NO roxboxing for iTouch and newer Nano, right?
d) EQ on iPod sucks... so the only choice is to turn it off (at least in my case)
i think these reasons are enough to put me off from iPods.
mind this i have full house of Apples and knowing personally director of Apple Europe i never could convince myself to buy iPod... so far the only iPod we have is iTouch 4G from my daughter just because she likes Apple navigation and screen but she is not audiophile and is happy with iTouch + x10i + Shozy amp :-D)))
ipod touch is not meant to play anything greater than 24/48. I've reached the point where UI is an essential point of enjoying music. I do not mind iTune, it works fine if your flac file are tagged properly and you do not mind converting them into ALAC.
I think pretending a product is perfect will just be not wise. I am sure iriver appreciates feedback no matter what it is.
So far the feedbacks are:
1-22 ohm resistor
4- Inconsistant battery meter indicator
5-Poor placement of the volume knob, should be positioned at the top
6-The layout is not truly one hand does all, it requires two hands to control this unit.
The key reason why people are disappointed is that iriver had over 5 years to come up with AK100 from the H120 and considering how well recieved the HA120 was people had high hopes and for most they just did not deliver.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AUDIO GD DSD Playback (for all supported models) 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni vs. Magni 2. 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2