Thumbs up for AK100 and CK100PRO. I can only listen to the CK100PRO using the AK100, but I really dislike the fact that I cannot listen to a relatively large portion of my music because of the lack of gapless.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 302
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well it's possible you just have to overlook it ;).
I wrote a long reply before but decided to not to post it, my view is AK100 is at best an audio-enthusiast product. Audio-enthusiast are those who are willingly take risk on been the guinea pig of first generation products.
AK100 is far from perfect and those who argue otherwise have a lot to defend for. I did say if I find it at the right price i am willing to test it and I did, I might just overlook it this one case :D
Well if indeed the new flagship is gonna be double the price of the AK100 (wondering if that is when it was at full price....) I'd hope they'd have all the issues addressed at that point. We'll see....
The current screen on AK100 has a nice half a second lag, till now no one is able to come close the UI that apple has came up with. I actually love the one they have on ipod nano 7G alot more than the one they have on their ipod touch. If they bring a 32 GB version of their nano I will happily sell my AK100 and stick with my DD socket 1 which I find sound a lot better than AK100.
The only think I like about AK100 is its incredibly silent background.
Audionewb, what is DD socket 1???
as regards AK i do not know how stock version sounds but RWAK beats any iPod by a light mile :-D
i also hate iPods for many things, let me put a few here:
a) the compulsory use of iTunes which is worst software when it comes to organising your music because silly iTunes does everything to its liking and then you have to change everything manually
b) no expansion memory slot, so you stuck with limited storage capacity
c) high-res files playback, i am not a big fan of Apple loseless and if i am not mistaken there is NO roxboxing for iTouch and newer Nano, right?
d) EQ on iPod sucks... so the only choice is to turn it off (at least in my case)
i think these reasons are enough to put me off from iPods.
mind this i have full house of Apples and knowing personally director of Apple Europe i never could convince myself to buy iPod... so far the only iPod we have is iTouch 4G from my daughter just because she likes Apple navigation and screen but she is not audiophile and is happy with iTouch + x10i + Shozy amp :-D)))
ipod touch is not meant to play anything greater than 24/48. I've reached the point where UI is an essential point of enjoying music. I do not mind iTune, it works fine if your flac file are tagged properly and you do not mind converting them into ALAC.
I think pretending a product is perfect will just be not wise. I am sure iriver appreciates feedback no matter what it is.
So far the feedbacks are:
1-22 ohm resistor
4- Inconsistant battery meter indicator
5-Poor placement of the volume knob, should be positioned at the top
6-The layout is not truly one hand does all, it requires two hands to control this unit.
The key reason why people are disappointed is that iriver had over 5 years to come up with AK100 from the H120 and considering how well recieved the HA120 was people had high hopes and for most they just did not deliver.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 2 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 15 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 20 seconds ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Audioquest Cougar Tonearm Cable With 48V Dbs (1.5M) 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)