- 111 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 4:10 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between 3 headphones for closed back, mobile use. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon 5000 HORROR SHOW! Last post on 1/10/13 at 5:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600post #1 of 389/21/12 at 7:29pmThread StarterAnybody heard these side by side? Any opinions on the AH-D600, other than its a little ugly?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/23/12 at 3:38pmThread Starterpost #3 of 389/23/12 at 6:10pmpost #4 of 389/23/12 at 6:58pmThread Starter
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.post #5 of 389/23/12 at 7:00pmThread Starter
I ordered the D600's immediately after reading his thread. I also bought the Fidelia Player with the FHX plugin. I have been sniffing around these "Audiophile" players for a while.post #6 of 389/23/12 at 7:10pmThread Starter
The design of the D600 is cosmetically not as appealing as the D5000 or D7000's. That much is certain. I have seen some pictures of the way they look on people, and they definitely look better worn than in the pictures on Denon's site. When I get these, I will surely post some pics of them being worn. They are starting to grow on me. I think that the D7100's do look sharp with the brown accents though.post #7 of 389/24/12 at 12:35am
I am looking forward to the review. I am currently searching for new headphones and was considering getting the D5000 but they are hard to find, amazon has some used for like $470, so maybe the D600 are more worth it.
Edited by Dar3k - 9/24/12 at 12:40ampost #8 of 389/24/12 at 1:15ampost #9 of 389/24/12 at 4:32amThread Starterpost #10 of 389/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #11 of 389/24/12 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by kungfuthug
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.
Thos has on;y furthered my excitement for these . :D Can't wait!!post #12 of 389/24/12 at 1:48pm
I'm also interested in how the AH-D600 compares the D2000 and D5000. I've heard some not-so-good things about these new Denons, for example from Tyll @ Innerfidelity:Quote:You know what chafes my chaps? Makers who discontinue a perfectly good headphone and replace it with something inferior. Denon did it with the AH-D1001 when they replaced it with the very colored AH-D1100. And now they've done it again ... aarrggghhh! The AH-DX000 line has been discontinued and the replacements have arrived. Despite measurements to the contrary, the AH-D7100 highest treble octave seems to have gone missing, and the mid treble is significantly blurred by some of the most horrific ringing that I've seen in a headphone. The AH-D600 fairs about the same, and the AH-D400 is missing it's top as well. I tried to measure the in-ear AH-C300, but the ergonomics of the earpieces made it impossible to insert in my dummy head. I had the same problem with my ears. I'm going to have to add a :facepalm to the smily list. Big thanks to HeadRoom for loaning me the first batch through the door so quickly.post #13 of 389/24/12 at 5:57pmThread Starter
I ordered and will have them by this weekend. Extensive burn in is recommended for optimal results. I will give my impressions (for what thats worth) after some extended listening sessions ranging over many genres. Having never heard the D5000's, I will unfortunatly have nothing further to say on that matter.
I think alot of people are angry at the new design aesthetics of the music maniac line. I believe this hostility is what might be fueling the sometimes bad reviews. I too am disappointed in the aesthetic's of the new line, but they do still have some sex appeal. The flat black headband with the white stitching has a nice contrast to it. The plastic look is the downfall, even though it appears to be some glass/fibre composite... not standard resin plastic. They do look "Dre-ish" ...kinda, and I personally believe that is whats adding the fuel to the fire. I really think that some people hope they sound bad, just because they hate the Beats line so damn much. As I stated earlier, these phones look fine on, just not too pretty in pictures where they are unworn.
When they do arrive I will do my best to give my honest, un-biased opinion ASAP.post #14 of 389/24/12 at 6:02pmpost #15 of 389/24/12 at 8:23pmThread Starter
- Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The EU deals thread! 2 seconds ago
- › Minibox E+ & ES internal shots 31 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 36 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 48 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Gustard u12 question(s) 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear