- 110 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between 3 headphones for closed back, mobile use. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon 5000 HORROR SHOW! Last post on 1/10/13 at 5:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for going out of the way to take me to Fujiya Avic. Out of the box, the TG334 sounds bass enhanced with the...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600post #1 of 389/21/12 at 7:29pmThread StarterAnybody heard these side by side? Any opinions on the AH-D600, other than its a little ugly?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/23/12 at 3:38pmThread Starterpost #3 of 389/23/12 at 6:10pmpost #4 of 389/23/12 at 6:58pmThread Starter
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.post #5 of 389/23/12 at 7:00pmThread Starter
I ordered the D600's immediately after reading his thread. I also bought the Fidelia Player with the FHX plugin. I have been sniffing around these "Audiophile" players for a while.post #6 of 389/23/12 at 7:10pmThread Starter
The design of the D600 is cosmetically not as appealing as the D5000 or D7000's. That much is certain. I have seen some pictures of the way they look on people, and they definitely look better worn than in the pictures on Denon's site. When I get these, I will surely post some pics of them being worn. They are starting to grow on me. I think that the D7100's do look sharp with the brown accents though.post #7 of 389/24/12 at 12:35am
I am looking forward to the review. I am currently searching for new headphones and was considering getting the D5000 but they are hard to find, amazon has some used for like $470, so maybe the D600 are more worth it.
Edited by Dar3k - 9/24/12 at 12:40ampost #8 of 389/24/12 at 1:15ampost #9 of 389/24/12 at 4:32amThread Starterpost #10 of 389/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #11 of 389/24/12 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by kungfuthug
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.
Thos has on;y furthered my excitement for these . :D Can't wait!!post #12 of 389/24/12 at 1:48pm
I'm also interested in how the AH-D600 compares the D2000 and D5000. I've heard some not-so-good things about these new Denons, for example from Tyll @ Innerfidelity:Quote:You know what chafes my chaps? Makers who discontinue a perfectly good headphone and replace it with something inferior. Denon did it with the AH-D1001 when they replaced it with the very colored AH-D1100. And now they've done it again ... aarrggghhh! The AH-DX000 line has been discontinued and the replacements have arrived. Despite measurements to the contrary, the AH-D7100 highest treble octave seems to have gone missing, and the mid treble is significantly blurred by some of the most horrific ringing that I've seen in a headphone. The AH-D600 fairs about the same, and the AH-D400 is missing it's top as well. I tried to measure the in-ear AH-C300, but the ergonomics of the earpieces made it impossible to insert in my dummy head. I had the same problem with my ears. I'm going to have to add a :facepalm to the smily list. Big thanks to HeadRoom for loaning me the first batch through the door so quickly.post #13 of 389/24/12 at 5:57pmThread Starter
I ordered and will have them by this weekend. Extensive burn in is recommended for optimal results. I will give my impressions (for what thats worth) after some extended listening sessions ranging over many genres. Having never heard the D5000's, I will unfortunatly have nothing further to say on that matter.
I think alot of people are angry at the new design aesthetics of the music maniac line. I believe this hostility is what might be fueling the sometimes bad reviews. I too am disappointed in the aesthetic's of the new line, but they do still have some sex appeal. The flat black headband with the white stitching has a nice contrast to it. The plastic look is the downfall, even though it appears to be some glass/fibre composite... not standard resin plastic. They do look "Dre-ish" ...kinda, and I personally believe that is whats adding the fuel to the fire. I really think that some people hope they sound bad, just because they hate the Beats line so damn much. As I stated earlier, these phones look fine on, just not too pretty in pictures where they are unworn.
When they do arrive I will do my best to give my honest, un-biased opinion ASAP.post #14 of 389/24/12 at 6:02pmpost #15 of 389/24/12 at 8:23pmThread Starter
- Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Damping Factor 4 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 5 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones 0-100'ish dollars 9 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 Austria made vs China with picture. 9 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)