- 111 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 10:42 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between 3 headphones for closed back, mobile use. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon 5000 HORROR SHOW! Last post on 1/10/13 at 5:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600post #1 of 389/21/12 at 7:29pmThread StarterAnybody heard these side by side? Any opinions on the AH-D600, other than its a little ugly?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/23/12 at 3:38pmThread Starterpost #3 of 389/23/12 at 6:10pmpost #4 of 389/23/12 at 6:58pmThread Starter
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.post #5 of 389/23/12 at 7:00pmThread Starter
I ordered the D600's immediately after reading his thread. I also bought the Fidelia Player with the FHX plugin. I have been sniffing around these "Audiophile" players for a while.post #6 of 389/23/12 at 7:10pmThread Starter
The design of the D600 is cosmetically not as appealing as the D5000 or D7000's. That much is certain. I have seen some pictures of the way they look on people, and they definitely look better worn than in the pictures on Denon's site. When I get these, I will surely post some pics of them being worn. They are starting to grow on me. I think that the D7100's do look sharp with the brown accents though.post #7 of 389/24/12 at 12:35am
I am looking forward to the review. I am currently searching for new headphones and was considering getting the D5000 but they are hard to find, amazon has some used for like $470, so maybe the D600 are more worth it.
Edited by Dar3k - 9/24/12 at 12:40ampost #8 of 389/24/12 at 1:15ampost #9 of 389/24/12 at 4:32amThread Starterpost #10 of 389/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #11 of 389/24/12 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by kungfuthug
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.
Thos has on;y furthered my excitement for these . :D Can't wait!!post #12 of 389/24/12 at 1:48pm
I'm also interested in how the AH-D600 compares the D2000 and D5000. I've heard some not-so-good things about these new Denons, for example from Tyll @ Innerfidelity:Quote:You know what chafes my chaps? Makers who discontinue a perfectly good headphone and replace it with something inferior. Denon did it with the AH-D1001 when they replaced it with the very colored AH-D1100. And now they've done it again ... aarrggghhh! The AH-DX000 line has been discontinued and the replacements have arrived. Despite measurements to the contrary, the AH-D7100 highest treble octave seems to have gone missing, and the mid treble is significantly blurred by some of the most horrific ringing that I've seen in a headphone. The AH-D600 fairs about the same, and the AH-D400 is missing it's top as well. I tried to measure the in-ear AH-C300, but the ergonomics of the earpieces made it impossible to insert in my dummy head. I had the same problem with my ears. I'm going to have to add a :facepalm to the smily list. Big thanks to HeadRoom for loaning me the first batch through the door so quickly.post #13 of 389/24/12 at 5:57pmThread Starter
I ordered and will have them by this weekend. Extensive burn in is recommended for optimal results. I will give my impressions (for what thats worth) after some extended listening sessions ranging over many genres. Having never heard the D5000's, I will unfortunatly have nothing further to say on that matter.
I think alot of people are angry at the new design aesthetics of the music maniac line. I believe this hostility is what might be fueling the sometimes bad reviews. I too am disappointed in the aesthetic's of the new line, but they do still have some sex appeal. The flat black headband with the white stitching has a nice contrast to it. The plastic look is the downfall, even though it appears to be some glass/fibre composite... not standard resin plastic. They do look "Dre-ish" ...kinda, and I personally believe that is whats adding the fuel to the fire. I really think that some people hope they sound bad, just because they hate the Beats line so damn much. As I stated earlier, these phones look fine on, just not too pretty in pictures where they are unworn.
When they do arrive I will do my best to give my honest, un-biased opinion ASAP.post #14 of 389/24/12 at 6:02pmpost #15 of 389/24/12 at 8:23pmThread Starter
- Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FIIO OTG Support Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 3 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... 6 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 7 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2