- 111 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 2:09 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between 3 headphones for closed back, mobile use. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon 5000 HORROR SHOW! Last post on 1/10/13 at 5:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600post #1 of 389/21/12 at 7:29pmThread StarterAnybody heard these side by side? Any opinions on the AH-D600, other than its a little ugly?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/23/12 at 3:38pmThread Starterpost #3 of 389/23/12 at 6:10pmpost #4 of 389/23/12 at 6:58pmThread Starter
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.post #5 of 389/23/12 at 7:00pmThread Starter
I ordered the D600's immediately after reading his thread. I also bought the Fidelia Player with the FHX plugin. I have been sniffing around these "Audiophile" players for a while.post #6 of 389/23/12 at 7:10pmThread Starter
The design of the D600 is cosmetically not as appealing as the D5000 or D7000's. That much is certain. I have seen some pictures of the way they look on people, and they definitely look better worn than in the pictures on Denon's site. When I get these, I will surely post some pics of them being worn. They are starting to grow on me. I think that the D7100's do look sharp with the brown accents though.post #7 of 389/24/12 at 12:35am
I am looking forward to the review. I am currently searching for new headphones and was considering getting the D5000 but they are hard to find, amazon has some used for like $470, so maybe the D600 are more worth it.
Edited by Dar3k - 9/24/12 at 12:40ampost #8 of 389/24/12 at 1:15ampost #9 of 389/24/12 at 4:32amThread Starterpost #10 of 389/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #11 of 389/24/12 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by kungfuthug
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.
Thos has on;y furthered my excitement for these . :D Can't wait!!post #12 of 389/24/12 at 1:48pm
I'm also interested in how the AH-D600 compares the D2000 and D5000. I've heard some not-so-good things about these new Denons, for example from Tyll @ Innerfidelity:Quote:You know what chafes my chaps? Makers who discontinue a perfectly good headphone and replace it with something inferior. Denon did it with the AH-D1001 when they replaced it with the very colored AH-D1100. And now they've done it again ... aarrggghhh! The AH-DX000 line has been discontinued and the replacements have arrived. Despite measurements to the contrary, the AH-D7100 highest treble octave seems to have gone missing, and the mid treble is significantly blurred by some of the most horrific ringing that I've seen in a headphone. The AH-D600 fairs about the same, and the AH-D400 is missing it's top as well. I tried to measure the in-ear AH-C300, but the ergonomics of the earpieces made it impossible to insert in my dummy head. I had the same problem with my ears. I'm going to have to add a :facepalm to the smily list. Big thanks to HeadRoom for loaning me the first batch through the door so quickly.post #13 of 389/24/12 at 5:57pmThread Starter
I ordered and will have them by this weekend. Extensive burn in is recommended for optimal results. I will give my impressions (for what thats worth) after some extended listening sessions ranging over many genres. Having never heard the D5000's, I will unfortunatly have nothing further to say on that matter.
I think alot of people are angry at the new design aesthetics of the music maniac line. I believe this hostility is what might be fueling the sometimes bad reviews. I too am disappointed in the aesthetic's of the new line, but they do still have some sex appeal. The flat black headband with the white stitching has a nice contrast to it. The plastic look is the downfall, even though it appears to be some glass/fibre composite... not standard resin plastic. They do look "Dre-ish" ...kinda, and I personally believe that is whats adding the fuel to the fire. I really think that some people hope they sound bad, just because they hate the Beats line so damn much. As I stated earlier, these phones look fine on, just not too pretty in pictures where they are unworn.
When they do arrive I will do my best to give my honest, un-biased opinion ASAP.post #14 of 389/24/12 at 6:02pmpost #15 of 389/24/12 at 8:23pmThread Starter
- Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 7 seconds ago
- › Titanium X-Fi hissing and popping in Win 10 15 seconds ago
- › Live Chess! 1 minute ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP acquisition suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...