- 111 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:41 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between 3 headphones for closed back, mobile use. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon 5000 HORROR SHOW! Last post on 1/10/13 at 5:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600post #1 of 389/21/12 at 7:29pmThread StarterAnybody heard these side by side? Any opinions on the AH-D600, other than its a little ugly?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 389/23/12 at 3:38pmThread Starterpost #3 of 389/23/12 at 6:10pmpost #4 of 389/23/12 at 6:58pmThread Starter
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.post #5 of 389/23/12 at 7:00pmThread Starter
I ordered the D600's immediately after reading his thread. I also bought the Fidelia Player with the FHX plugin. I have been sniffing around these "Audiophile" players for a while.post #6 of 389/23/12 at 7:10pmThread Starter
The design of the D600 is cosmetically not as appealing as the D5000 or D7000's. That much is certain. I have seen some pictures of the way they look on people, and they definitely look better worn than in the pictures on Denon's site. When I get these, I will surely post some pics of them being worn. They are starting to grow on me. I think that the D7100's do look sharp with the brown accents though.post #7 of 389/24/12 at 12:35am
I am looking forward to the review. I am currently searching for new headphones and was considering getting the D5000 but they are hard to find, amazon has some used for like $470, so maybe the D600 are more worth it.
Edited by Dar3k - 9/24/12 at 12:40ampost #8 of 389/24/12 at 1:15ampost #9 of 389/24/12 at 4:32amThread Starterpost #10 of 389/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #11 of 389/24/12 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by kungfuthug
Check this out. Really good review of the AH-D600. It is really thorough and his impression of the Music Maniacs Line is very positive.
Thos has on;y furthered my excitement for these . :D Can't wait!!post #12 of 389/24/12 at 1:48pm
I'm also interested in how the AH-D600 compares the D2000 and D5000. I've heard some not-so-good things about these new Denons, for example from Tyll @ Innerfidelity:Quote:You know what chafes my chaps? Makers who discontinue a perfectly good headphone and replace it with something inferior. Denon did it with the AH-D1001 when they replaced it with the very colored AH-D1100. And now they've done it again ... aarrggghhh! The AH-DX000 line has been discontinued and the replacements have arrived. Despite measurements to the contrary, the AH-D7100 highest treble octave seems to have gone missing, and the mid treble is significantly blurred by some of the most horrific ringing that I've seen in a headphone. The AH-D600 fairs about the same, and the AH-D400 is missing it's top as well. I tried to measure the in-ear AH-C300, but the ergonomics of the earpieces made it impossible to insert in my dummy head. I had the same problem with my ears. I'm going to have to add a :facepalm to the smily list. Big thanks to HeadRoom for loaning me the first batch through the door so quickly.post #13 of 389/24/12 at 5:57pmThread Starter
I ordered and will have them by this weekend. Extensive burn in is recommended for optimal results. I will give my impressions (for what thats worth) after some extended listening sessions ranging over many genres. Having never heard the D5000's, I will unfortunatly have nothing further to say on that matter.
I think alot of people are angry at the new design aesthetics of the music maniac line. I believe this hostility is what might be fueling the sometimes bad reviews. I too am disappointed in the aesthetic's of the new line, but they do still have some sex appeal. The flat black headband with the white stitching has a nice contrast to it. The plastic look is the downfall, even though it appears to be some glass/fibre composite... not standard resin plastic. They do look "Dre-ish" ...kinda, and I personally believe that is whats adding the fuel to the fire. I really think that some people hope they sound bad, just because they hate the Beats line so damn much. As I stated earlier, these phones look fine on, just not too pretty in pictures where they are unworn.
When they do arrive I will do my best to give my honest, un-biased opinion ASAP.post #14 of 389/24/12 at 6:02pmpost #15 of 389/24/12 at 8:23pmThread Starter
- Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › How come treble peaks are well above the frequency range of most... 5 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 7 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › My experience with MP4Nation (Customer information inside) 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Any headfi-ers in Connecticut? 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)