- 40 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: st louis
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/17/12
- productRadius Atomic Bass 2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- quality cans for hip hop with powerfull bass, but also clear hi's Last post on 11/22/12 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lookin for sub $50 headphonespost #1 of 439/16/12 at 7:19pmThread StarterI have radius atomic bass 2s which i am very happy with but i want some over ears and my knowledge of those goes about as far as some $30 skullcandys. I listen to rap/reggae/house/dubstep so i want really good bass but i need clarity too. Thats about it but please actually own these before you recomend them. You could lead me onto ones that you hear are good but im looking for solid facts. Thanks for your help♋
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 439/16/12 at 7:22pmThe Koss R/80 are decent sub-$50 performers, and one of the few sub-$100 headphones that I like. I'd also look at the >$50 category with something like the Creative Aurvana Live! or M-Audio Q40.post #3 of 439/16/12 at 7:25pmI hear the monoprice DJ headphones are very good for the price. They're the same exact headphone as the one that kicker makes.
Edited by Slickman - 9/16/12 at 7:29pmpost #4 of 439/16/12 at 8:50pm
Where are you going to be using it? Home or traveling?
I'm going to say the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S for home use and the Monoprice listed above if portability is a concern.post #5 of 439/16/12 at 9:20pm
JVC HA-S400. It's about $5 out of your price bracket. I own the slightly higher priced, but similarly regarded HA-S500s, and they are wonderful. They have an extremely punchy bass, but awesome mids, treble, and soundstaging. The one thing that isn't very fun about them is that you have to get them imported from Japan, as they haven't been released in the US yet, and any returns will have RIDICULOUS shipping charges, but for sound like this for $50, you really can't go wrong.post #6 of 439/17/12 at 6:06pmThread Starterpost #7 of 439/17/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterOne more wuestion: would a cheap amp like a fiio e3 or e5 really help anythig like bass or sound? I know cheap ones wont improve quality but how much would they improve bass and volume?Opost #8 of 439/17/12 at 6:28pmI have the M50s, the Philips Uptowns, the Brainwavs HM5s (identical clones made by the same company), and have gotten to demo several other $100+ cans. The HA-S500 demolishes all of them, and the HA-S400 is said to be just as good. The HA-S500s don't need an amp, so I don't think the 400s will either. They are on-ear, not over ear, but are comfy because they don't clamp much.post #9 of 439/17/12 at 6:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 439/17/12 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 439/17/12 at 8:27pm
the Panasonics have better sound then the monoprice. I have heard nothing on the JVCpost #12 of 439/17/12 at 8:33pmpost #13 of 439/18/12 at 1:01pmThread Starterpost #14 of 439/18/12 at 1:20pm
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Help me pick Mid Tier CIEMs 49 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › RFT ECC82 Foil Getter vs RCA 5963 Long Black Plate Foil Getter 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › COMPUTER AUDIO INTERFACE 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Why do certain audio tracks sound "jarring" even at low volumes... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3