- 40 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: st louis
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/17/12
- productRadius Atomic Bass 2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- quality cans for hip hop with powerfull bass, but also clear hi's Last post on 11/22/12 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
Lookin for sub $50 headphonespost #1 of 439/16/12 at 7:19pmThread StarterI have radius atomic bass 2s which i am very happy with but i want some over ears and my knowledge of those goes about as far as some $30 skullcandys. I listen to rap/reggae/house/dubstep so i want really good bass but i need clarity too. Thats about it but please actually own these before you recomend them. You could lead me onto ones that you hear are good but im looking for solid facts. Thanks for your help♋
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 439/16/12 at 7:22pmThe Koss R/80 are decent sub-$50 performers, and one of the few sub-$100 headphones that I like. I'd also look at the >$50 category with something like the Creative Aurvana Live! or M-Audio Q40.post #3 of 439/16/12 at 7:25pmI hear the monoprice DJ headphones are very good for the price. They're the same exact headphone as the one that kicker makes.
Edited by Slickman - 9/16/12 at 7:29pmpost #4 of 439/16/12 at 8:50pm
Where are you going to be using it? Home or traveling?
I'm going to say the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S for home use and the Monoprice listed above if portability is a concern.post #5 of 439/16/12 at 9:20pm
JVC HA-S400. It's about $5 out of your price bracket. I own the slightly higher priced, but similarly regarded HA-S500s, and they are wonderful. They have an extremely punchy bass, but awesome mids, treble, and soundstaging. The one thing that isn't very fun about them is that you have to get them imported from Japan, as they haven't been released in the US yet, and any returns will have RIDICULOUS shipping charges, but for sound like this for $50, you really can't go wrong.post #6 of 439/17/12 at 6:06pmThread Starterpost #7 of 439/17/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterOne more wuestion: would a cheap amp like a fiio e3 or e5 really help anythig like bass or sound? I know cheap ones wont improve quality but how much would they improve bass and volume?Opost #8 of 439/17/12 at 6:28pmI have the M50s, the Philips Uptowns, the Brainwavs HM5s (identical clones made by the same company), and have gotten to demo several other $100+ cans. The HA-S500 demolishes all of them, and the HA-S400 is said to be just as good. The HA-S500s don't need an amp, so I don't think the 400s will either. They are on-ear, not over ear, but are comfy because they don't clamp much.post #9 of 439/17/12 at 6:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 439/17/12 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 439/17/12 at 8:27pm
the Panasonics have better sound then the monoprice. I have heard nothing on the JVCpost #12 of 439/17/12 at 8:33pmpost #13 of 439/18/12 at 1:01pmThread Starterpost #14 of 439/18/12 at 1:20pm
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphone recommendation 18 seconds ago
- › Looking to buy an affordable but decent record player... 1 minute ago
- › headphone rec. For metal and gaming 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › ALO audio Warehouse Deals SALE 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › M6 PRO Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2