- 40 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: st louis
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/17/12
- productRadius Atomic Bass 2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- quality cans for hip hop with powerfull bass, but also clear hi's Last post on 11/22/12 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Lookin for sub $50 headphonespost #1 of 439/16/12 at 7:19pmThread StarterI have radius atomic bass 2s which i am very happy with but i want some over ears and my knowledge of those goes about as far as some $30 skullcandys. I listen to rap/reggae/house/dubstep so i want really good bass but i need clarity too. Thats about it but please actually own these before you recomend them. You could lead me onto ones that you hear are good but im looking for solid facts. Thanks for your help♋
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 439/16/12 at 7:22pmThe Koss R/80 are decent sub-$50 performers, and one of the few sub-$100 headphones that I like. I'd also look at the >$50 category with something like the Creative Aurvana Live! or M-Audio Q40.post #3 of 439/16/12 at 7:25pmI hear the monoprice DJ headphones are very good for the price. They're the same exact headphone as the one that kicker makes.
Edited by Slickman - 9/16/12 at 7:29pmpost #4 of 439/16/12 at 8:50pm
Where are you going to be using it? Home or traveling?
I'm going to say the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S for home use and the Monoprice listed above if portability is a concern.post #5 of 439/16/12 at 9:20pm
JVC HA-S400. It's about $5 out of your price bracket. I own the slightly higher priced, but similarly regarded HA-S500s, and they are wonderful. They have an extremely punchy bass, but awesome mids, treble, and soundstaging. The one thing that isn't very fun about them is that you have to get them imported from Japan, as they haven't been released in the US yet, and any returns will have RIDICULOUS shipping charges, but for sound like this for $50, you really can't go wrong.post #6 of 439/17/12 at 6:06pmThread Starterpost #7 of 439/17/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterOne more wuestion: would a cheap amp like a fiio e3 or e5 really help anythig like bass or sound? I know cheap ones wont improve quality but how much would they improve bass and volume?Opost #8 of 439/17/12 at 6:28pmI have the M50s, the Philips Uptowns, the Brainwavs HM5s (identical clones made by the same company), and have gotten to demo several other $100+ cans. The HA-S500 demolishes all of them, and the HA-S400 is said to be just as good. The HA-S500s don't need an amp, so I don't think the 400s will either. They are on-ear, not over ear, but are comfy because they don't clamp much.post #9 of 439/17/12 at 6:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 439/17/12 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 439/17/12 at 8:27pm
the Panasonics have better sound then the monoprice. I have heard nothing on the JVCpost #12 of 439/17/12 at 8:33pmpost #13 of 439/18/12 at 1:01pmThread Starterpost #14 of 439/18/12 at 1:20pm
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD700 w/optional Sennheiser balanced Cable CH700S 20 seconds ago
- › [FS] Sound Blaster E5 Portable DAC/AMP 50 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Needing new headphones but on a budget 3 minutes ago
- › Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...