- 40 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: st louis
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/17/12
- productRadius Atomic Bass 2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- quality cans for hip hop with powerfull bass, but also clear hi's Last post on 11/22/12 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have typed up this review @audio-technica.com a few months back and I thought I should also put it here. First, I would like to apologize for my very vague description of the sound (and...
Just to be clear - this is a small portable speaker. So when I talk about bass, sound clarity and what not - keep that in mind. You can't compare it desktop speakers - No wait, you...
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and...
Lookin for sub $50 headphonespost #1 of 439/16/12 at 7:19pmThread StarterI have radius atomic bass 2s which i am very happy with but i want some over ears and my knowledge of those goes about as far as some $30 skullcandys. I listen to rap/reggae/house/dubstep so i want really good bass but i need clarity too. Thats about it but please actually own these before you recomend them. You could lead me onto ones that you hear are good but im looking for solid facts. Thanks for your help♋
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 439/16/12 at 7:22pmThe Koss R/80 are decent sub-$50 performers, and one of the few sub-$100 headphones that I like. I'd also look at the >$50 category with something like the Creative Aurvana Live! or M-Audio Q40.post #3 of 439/16/12 at 7:25pmI hear the monoprice DJ headphones are very good for the price. They're the same exact headphone as the one that kicker makes.
Edited by Slickman - 9/16/12 at 7:29pmpost #4 of 439/16/12 at 8:50pm
Where are you going to be using it? Home or traveling?
I'm going to say the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S for home use and the Monoprice listed above if portability is a concern.post #5 of 439/16/12 at 9:20pm
JVC HA-S400. It's about $5 out of your price bracket. I own the slightly higher priced, but similarly regarded HA-S500s, and they are wonderful. They have an extremely punchy bass, but awesome mids, treble, and soundstaging. The one thing that isn't very fun about them is that you have to get them imported from Japan, as they haven't been released in the US yet, and any returns will have RIDICULOUS shipping charges, but for sound like this for $50, you really can't go wrong.post #6 of 439/17/12 at 6:06pmThread Starterpost #7 of 439/17/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterOne more wuestion: would a cheap amp like a fiio e3 or e5 really help anythig like bass or sound? I know cheap ones wont improve quality but how much would they improve bass and volume?Opost #8 of 439/17/12 at 6:28pmI have the M50s, the Philips Uptowns, the Brainwavs HM5s (identical clones made by the same company), and have gotten to demo several other $100+ cans. The HA-S500 demolishes all of them, and the HA-S400 is said to be just as good. The HA-S500s don't need an amp, so I don't think the 400s will either. They are on-ear, not over ear, but are comfy because they don't clamp much.post #9 of 439/17/12 at 6:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 439/17/12 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 439/17/12 at 8:27pm
the Panasonics have better sound then the monoprice. I have heard nothing on the JVCpost #12 of 439/17/12 at 8:33pmpost #13 of 439/18/12 at 1:01pmThread Starterpost #14 of 439/18/12 at 1:20pm
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 30 seconds ago
- › pc audio set up suggestions 1 minute ago
- › Help with growing ear canals 2 minutes ago
- › Best ~$60 Closed Headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Have you ever heard sound coming from the front with headphones. 5 minutes ago
- › Open headphone soundstage vs volume (?) 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 7 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by Feilong4
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2