- 40 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: st louis
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss R-80 Home Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/17/12
- productRadius Atomic Bass 2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 12/17/16 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- quality cans for hip hop with powerfull bass, but also clear hi's Last post on 11/22/12 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Lookin for sub $50 headphonespost #1 of 439/16/12 at 7:19pmThread StarterI have radius atomic bass 2s which i am very happy with but i want some over ears and my knowledge of those goes about as far as some $30 skullcandys. I listen to rap/reggae/house/dubstep so i want really good bass but i need clarity too. Thats about it but please actually own these before you recomend them. You could lead me onto ones that you hear are good but im looking for solid facts. Thanks for your help♋
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 439/16/12 at 7:22pmThe Koss R/80 are decent sub-$50 performers, and one of the few sub-$100 headphones that I like. I'd also look at the >$50 category with something like the Creative Aurvana Live! or M-Audio Q40.post #3 of 439/16/12 at 7:25pmI hear the monoprice DJ headphones are very good for the price. They're the same exact headphone as the one that kicker makes.
Edited by Slickman - 9/16/12 at 7:29pmpost #4 of 439/16/12 at 8:50pm
Where are you going to be using it? Home or traveling?
I'm going to say the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S for home use and the Monoprice listed above if portability is a concern.post #5 of 439/16/12 at 9:20pm
JVC HA-S400. It's about $5 out of your price bracket. I own the slightly higher priced, but similarly regarded HA-S500s, and they are wonderful. They have an extremely punchy bass, but awesome mids, treble, and soundstaging. The one thing that isn't very fun about them is that you have to get them imported from Japan, as they haven't been released in the US yet, and any returns will have RIDICULOUS shipping charges, but for sound like this for $50, you really can't go wrong.post #6 of 439/17/12 at 6:06pmThread Starterpost #7 of 439/17/12 at 6:13pmThread StarterOne more wuestion: would a cheap amp like a fiio e3 or e5 really help anythig like bass or sound? I know cheap ones wont improve quality but how much would they improve bass and volume?Opost #8 of 439/17/12 at 6:28pmI have the M50s, the Philips Uptowns, the Brainwavs HM5s (identical clones made by the same company), and have gotten to demo several other $100+ cans. The HA-S500 demolishes all of them, and the HA-S400 is said to be just as good. The HA-S500s don't need an amp, so I don't think the 400s will either. They are on-ear, not over ear, but are comfy because they don't clamp much.post #9 of 439/17/12 at 6:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 439/17/12 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #11 of 439/17/12 at 8:27pm
the Panasonics have better sound then the monoprice. I have heard nothing on the JVCpost #12 of 439/17/12 at 8:33pmpost #13 of 439/18/12 at 1:01pmThread Starterpost #14 of 439/18/12 at 1:20pm
- Lookin for sub $50 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 51 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Combo Music and TV Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Dedicated DAC w/ unbalanced out VS Audio Interface w/ balanced out 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 7 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 8 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear