- 386 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 11/11/13 at 2:08am in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 9/11/13 at 3:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Is there a DAC that sounds better than the Ipod/Ipad line out ? Last post on 11/28/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
89 Total Votespost #1 of 609/12/12 at 10:46pmThread StarterI like the new iPod Touch, if it had 128 GB, I would have no doubts, what about you?
32% (29)I don't have an iPod Touch
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 609/13/12 at 4:28amI have an iPod touch 4G 32gb, and I'll upgrade to a 64gb model. I said "Yes" in the poll, but I MAY just upgrade to a 64gb 4G instead of the 5G, as the 4G may possibly be located at a cheaper cost when the new model hits the shops. I want the capacity, and the larger screen isn't necessary for me - I own a 4.3" screened Lumia 900, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, iPad 2, and the previously mentioned iPod touch 4G.post #3 of 609/13/12 at 4:59ampost #4 of 609/13/12 at 5:18ampost #5 of 609/13/12 at 5:23ampost #6 of 609/13/12 at 5:26ampost #7 of 609/13/12 at 5:33ampost #8 of 609/13/12 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #9 of 609/13/12 at 6:15am
I already own the iPod Touch 4G 64GB so I am not too sure if I will buy a iPod Touch 5G yet. I am very disappointed with the look of the new iPod Nano 7G. I just loved the Nano 6G for its small size and the fact I was able to wear it as a wristwatch/DAP which was very handy for cycling and walking. I was really looking forward to an update with the same design as the Nano 6G but very disappointed to see that Apple have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G :( One thing I have wondered is what will happen to the manufacturers of the Nano 6G wristbands now that Apple have stopped making them.post #10 of 609/13/12 at 6:23amThread Starterpost #11 of 609/13/12 at 6:55ampost #12 of 609/13/12 at 6:58ampost #13 of 609/13/12 at 7:18amQuote:Then that means ANY iPod is no good for us. But, quite a few people here use iPods,...even Jude. Your making a false blanket statement, based on your opinion. Not a good idea.
Edited by tds101 - 9/13/12 at 7:22ampost #14 of 609/13/12 at 7:44amQuote:
my judgement was purely based on storage of apple lossless....never judged the SQ, most of us bypass the DAC so yea.post #15 of 609/13/12 at 8:09am
I use my iPod Touch (4th generation) strictly as a solution to stream MOG and Spotify music services while I am at work using an HRT iStreamer paired with an O2 amp and middling quality ATH-M50 headphones. My iPod is only capable of 16-bit at up to 48kHz, so I don't see the point in trying to play high resolution lossless files with this configuration.
I'd be interested in the specifications of the newer iPod. If it is or will be capable of supporting 24-bit 96kHz playback, I might look into upgrading my equipment to take advantage of this feature. Otherwise, I'll just keep my existing iPod and eventually grab a newer model once a solution is available to connect the new device to my iStreamer, which is most likely just a new cable that will fit into the iPod correctly.
With no support for higher quality resolution, I'd just get the cheapest iPod as I would only be streaming music with very little storage requirements. I'm not able to tell the difference between Vorbis Q9 and lossless on nearly everything I listen to at 16-bit 44kHz with a cheap DAC and a $100 pair of headphones anyway.
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 3 seconds ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 3 seconds ago
- › Fiio E17 question 15 seconds ago
- › Looking for headphones for my nephew, football player 26 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 30 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 40 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 43 seconds ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 54 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe