- 390 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 2/20/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 2/2/14 at 6:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Professional iDevice DAC w/Simultaneous DIG/LINE Outputs, Battery Operations Last post on 8/17/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
89 Total Votespost #1 of 609/12/12 at 10:46pmThread StarterI like the new iPod Touch, if it had 128 GB, I would have no doubts, what about you?
32% (29)I don't have an iPod Touch
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 609/13/12 at 4:28amI have an iPod touch 4G 32gb, and I'll upgrade to a 64gb model. I said "Yes" in the poll, but I MAY just upgrade to a 64gb 4G instead of the 5G, as the 4G may possibly be located at a cheaper cost when the new model hits the shops. I want the capacity, and the larger screen isn't necessary for me - I own a 4.3" screened Lumia 900, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, iPad 2, and the previously mentioned iPod touch 4G.post #3 of 609/13/12 at 4:59ampost #4 of 609/13/12 at 5:18ampost #5 of 609/13/12 at 5:23ampost #6 of 609/13/12 at 5:26ampost #7 of 609/13/12 at 5:33ampost #8 of 609/13/12 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #9 of 609/13/12 at 6:15am
I already own the iPod Touch 4G 64GB so I am not too sure if I will buy a iPod Touch 5G yet. I am very disappointed with the look of the new iPod Nano 7G. I just loved the Nano 6G for its small size and the fact I was able to wear it as a wristwatch/DAP which was very handy for cycling and walking. I was really looking forward to an update with the same design as the Nano 6G but very disappointed to see that Apple have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G :( One thing I have wondered is what will happen to the manufacturers of the Nano 6G wristbands now that Apple have stopped making them.post #10 of 609/13/12 at 6:23amThread Starterpost #11 of 609/13/12 at 6:55ampost #12 of 609/13/12 at 6:58ampost #13 of 609/13/12 at 7:18amQuote:Then that means ANY iPod is no good for us. But, quite a few people here use iPods,...even Jude. Your making a false blanket statement, based on your opinion. Not a good idea.
Edited by tds101 - 9/13/12 at 7:22ampost #14 of 609/13/12 at 7:44amQuote:
my judgement was purely based on storage of apple lossless....never judged the SQ, most of us bypass the DAC so yea.post #15 of 609/13/12 at 8:09am
I use my iPod Touch (4th generation) strictly as a solution to stream MOG and Spotify music services while I am at work using an HRT iStreamer paired with an O2 amp and middling quality ATH-M50 headphones. My iPod is only capable of 16-bit at up to 48kHz, so I don't see the point in trying to play high resolution lossless files with this configuration.
I'd be interested in the specifications of the newer iPod. If it is or will be capable of supporting 24-bit 96kHz playback, I might look into upgrading my equipment to take advantage of this feature. Otherwise, I'll just keep my existing iPod and eventually grab a newer model once a solution is available to connect the new device to my iStreamer, which is most likely just a new cable that will fit into the iPod correctly.
With no support for higher quality resolution, I'd just get the cheapest iPod as I would only be streaming music with very little storage requirements. I'm not able to tell the difference between Vorbis Q9 and lossless on nearly everything I listen to at 16-bit 44kHz with a cheap DAC and a $100 pair of headphones anyway.
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Dynamic sound vs Planar Magnetic sound 2 minutes ago
- › Why does headphones FR graph not look neutral like a straight line... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Serial No 001106 HEADPHONES REVIEW 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 5 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude