- 394 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 2/20/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 2/2/14 at 6:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Professional iDevice DAC w/Simultaneous DIG/LINE Outputs, Battery Operations Last post on 8/17/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
90 Total Votespost #1 of 609/12/12 at 10:46pmThread StarterI like the new iPod Touch, if it had 128 GB, I would have no doubts, what about you?
33% (30)I don't have an iPod Touch
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 609/13/12 at 4:28amI have an iPod touch 4G 32gb, and I'll upgrade to a 64gb model. I said "Yes" in the poll, but I MAY just upgrade to a 64gb 4G instead of the 5G, as the 4G may possibly be located at a cheaper cost when the new model hits the shops. I want the capacity, and the larger screen isn't necessary for me - I own a 4.3" screened Lumia 900, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, iPad 2, and the previously mentioned iPod touch 4G.post #3 of 609/13/12 at 4:59ampost #4 of 609/13/12 at 5:18ampost #5 of 609/13/12 at 5:23ampost #6 of 609/13/12 at 5:26ampost #7 of 609/13/12 at 5:33ampost #8 of 609/13/12 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #9 of 609/13/12 at 6:15am
I already own the iPod Touch 4G 64GB so I am not too sure if I will buy a iPod Touch 5G yet. I am very disappointed with the look of the new iPod Nano 7G. I just loved the Nano 6G for its small size and the fact I was able to wear it as a wristwatch/DAP which was very handy for cycling and walking. I was really looking forward to an update with the same design as the Nano 6G but very disappointed to see that Apple have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G :( One thing I have wondered is what will happen to the manufacturers of the Nano 6G wristbands now that Apple have stopped making them.post #10 of 609/13/12 at 6:23amThread Starterpost #11 of 609/13/12 at 6:55ampost #12 of 609/13/12 at 6:58ampost #13 of 609/13/12 at 7:18amQuote:Then that means ANY iPod is no good for us. But, quite a few people here use iPods,...even Jude. Your making a false blanket statement, based on your opinion. Not a good idea.
Edited by tds101 - 9/13/12 at 7:22ampost #14 of 609/13/12 at 7:44amQuote:
my judgement was purely based on storage of apple lossless....never judged the SQ, most of us bypass the DAC so yea.post #15 of 609/13/12 at 8:09am
I use my iPod Touch (4th generation) strictly as a solution to stream MOG and Spotify music services while I am at work using an HRT iStreamer paired with an O2 amp and middling quality ATH-M50 headphones. My iPod is only capable of 16-bit at up to 48kHz, so I don't see the point in trying to play high resolution lossless files with this configuration.
I'd be interested in the specifications of the newer iPod. If it is or will be capable of supporting 24-bit 96kHz playback, I might look into upgrading my equipment to take advantage of this feature. Otherwise, I'll just keep my existing iPod and eventually grab a newer model once a solution is available to connect the new device to my iStreamer, which is most likely just a new cable that will fit into the iPod correctly.
With no support for higher quality resolution, I'd just get the cheapest iPod as I would only be streaming music with very little storage requirements. I'm not able to tell the difference between Vorbis Q9 and lossless on nearly everything I listen to at 16-bit 44kHz with a cheap DAC and a $100 pair of headphones anyway.
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 7 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 37 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead club ptII 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE530 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 6 minutes ago
- › galaxy s5 vs sony z2 in audio capabilities? 7 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Poll for Desktop vs Portable concluded! 7 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob