- 398 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 2/20/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 1/16/15 at 4:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Professional iDevice DAC w/Simultaneous DIG/LINE Outputs, Battery Operations Last post on 8/17/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
33% (31)I don't have an iPod Touch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I already own the iPod Touch 4G 64GB so I am not too sure if I will buy a iPod Touch 5G yet. I am very disappointed with the look of the new iPod Nano 7G. I just loved the Nano 6G for its small size and the fact I was able to wear it as a wristwatch/DAP which was very handy for cycling and walking. I was really looking forward to an update with the same design as the Nano 6G but very disappointed to see that Apple have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G :( One thing I have wondered is what will happen to the manufacturers of the Nano 6G wristbands now that Apple have stopped making them.
Edited by tds101 - 9/13/12 at 7:22am
my judgement was purely based on storage of apple lossless....never judged the SQ, most of us bypass the DAC so yea.
I use my iPod Touch (4th generation) strictly as a solution to stream MOG and Spotify music services while I am at work using an HRT iStreamer paired with an O2 amp and middling quality ATH-M50 headphones. My iPod is only capable of 16-bit at up to 48kHz, so I don't see the point in trying to play high resolution lossless files with this configuration.
I'd be interested in the specifications of the newer iPod. If it is or will be capable of supporting 24-bit 96kHz playback, I might look into upgrading my equipment to take advantage of this feature. Otherwise, I'll just keep my existing iPod and eventually grab a newer model once a solution is available to connect the new device to my iStreamer, which is most likely just a new cable that will fit into the iPod correctly.
With no support for higher quality resolution, I'd just get the cheapest iPod as I would only be streaming music with very little storage requirements. I'm not able to tell the difference between Vorbis Q9 and lossless on nearly everything I listen to at 16-bit 44kHz with a cheap DAC and a $100 pair of headphones anyway.
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Why is my PC's volume so low? 16 seconds ago
- › TH900 rattle in the right channel. 18 seconds ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 31 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 57 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3