- 402 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 2/20/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 1/16/15 at 4:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Professional iDevice DAC w/Simultaneous DIG/LINE Outputs, Battery Operations Last post on 8/17/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
33% (31)I don't have an iPod Touch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I already own the iPod Touch 4G 64GB so I am not too sure if I will buy a iPod Touch 5G yet. I am very disappointed with the look of the new iPod Nano 7G. I just loved the Nano 6G for its small size and the fact I was able to wear it as a wristwatch/DAP which was very handy for cycling and walking. I was really looking forward to an update with the same design as the Nano 6G but very disappointed to see that Apple have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G :( One thing I have wondered is what will happen to the manufacturers of the Nano 6G wristbands now that Apple have stopped making them.
Edited by tds101 - 9/13/12 at 7:22am
my judgement was purely based on storage of apple lossless....never judged the SQ, most of us bypass the DAC so yea.
I use my iPod Touch (4th generation) strictly as a solution to stream MOG and Spotify music services while I am at work using an HRT iStreamer paired with an O2 amp and middling quality ATH-M50 headphones. My iPod is only capable of 16-bit at up to 48kHz, so I don't see the point in trying to play high resolution lossless files with this configuration.
I'd be interested in the specifications of the newer iPod. If it is or will be capable of supporting 24-bit 96kHz playback, I might look into upgrading my equipment to take advantage of this feature. Otherwise, I'll just keep my existing iPod and eventually grab a newer model once a solution is available to connect the new device to my iStreamer, which is most likely just a new cable that will fit into the iPod correctly.
With no support for higher quality resolution, I'd just get the cheapest iPod as I would only be streaming music with very little storage requirements. I'm not able to tell the difference between Vorbis Q9 and lossless on nearly everything I listen to at 16-bit 44kHz with a cheap DAC and a $100 pair of headphones anyway.
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 seconds ago
- › Mapletree Audio Ear + Purist HD with Raytheon Windmill Getter,... 9 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 52 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-IM50 Dual symphonic-driver In-ear Monitor... 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2