- 394 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 2/20/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 2/2/14 at 6:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Professional iDevice DAC w/Simultaneous DIG/LINE Outputs, Battery Operations Last post on 8/17/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
90 Total Votespost #1 of 609/12/12 at 10:46pmThread StarterI like the new iPod Touch, if it had 128 GB, I would have no doubts, what about you?
33% (30)I don't have an iPod Touch
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 609/13/12 at 4:28amI have an iPod touch 4G 32gb, and I'll upgrade to a 64gb model. I said "Yes" in the poll, but I MAY just upgrade to a 64gb 4G instead of the 5G, as the 4G may possibly be located at a cheaper cost when the new model hits the shops. I want the capacity, and the larger screen isn't necessary for me - I own a 4.3" screened Lumia 900, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, iPad 2, and the previously mentioned iPod touch 4G.post #3 of 609/13/12 at 4:59ampost #4 of 609/13/12 at 5:18ampost #5 of 609/13/12 at 5:23ampost #6 of 609/13/12 at 5:26ampost #7 of 609/13/12 at 5:33ampost #8 of 609/13/12 at 5:41amThread Starterpost #9 of 609/13/12 at 6:15am
I already own the iPod Touch 4G 64GB so I am not too sure if I will buy a iPod Touch 5G yet. I am very disappointed with the look of the new iPod Nano 7G. I just loved the Nano 6G for its small size and the fact I was able to wear it as a wristwatch/DAP which was very handy for cycling and walking. I was really looking forward to an update with the same design as the Nano 6G but very disappointed to see that Apple have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G :( One thing I have wondered is what will happen to the manufacturers of the Nano 6G wristbands now that Apple have stopped making them.post #10 of 609/13/12 at 6:23amThread Starterpost #11 of 609/13/12 at 6:55ampost #12 of 609/13/12 at 6:58ampost #13 of 609/13/12 at 7:18amQuote:Then that means ANY iPod is no good for us. But, quite a few people here use iPods,...even Jude. Your making a false blanket statement, based on your opinion. Not a good idea.
Edited by tds101 - 9/13/12 at 7:22ampost #14 of 609/13/12 at 7:44amQuote:
my judgement was purely based on storage of apple lossless....never judged the SQ, most of us bypass the DAC so yea.post #15 of 609/13/12 at 8:09am
I use my iPod Touch (4th generation) strictly as a solution to stream MOG and Spotify music services while I am at work using an HRT iStreamer paired with an O2 amp and middling quality ATH-M50 headphones. My iPod is only capable of 16-bit at up to 48kHz, so I don't see the point in trying to play high resolution lossless files with this configuration.
I'd be interested in the specifications of the newer iPod. If it is or will be capable of supporting 24-bit 96kHz playback, I might look into upgrading my equipment to take advantage of this feature. Otherwise, I'll just keep my existing iPod and eventually grab a newer model once a solution is available to connect the new device to my iStreamer, which is most likely just a new cable that will fit into the iPod correctly.
With no support for higher quality resolution, I'd just get the cheapest iPod as I would only be streaming music with very little storage requirements. I'm not able to tell the difference between Vorbis Q9 and lossless on nearly everything I listen to at 16-bit 44kHz with a cheap DAC and a $100 pair of headphones anyway.
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Monoprice 8323 Modding 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: SONY XBA-H3 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QC20 or Shure SE425 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrade for a PC gamer? 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob