- 405 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productApple iPod Touch 32 GB (Fourth Generation)tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productApple iPod Touch 5th Generationtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productCypher Labs Algorhythm Solotagged by System, 9/24/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFostex HP-P1tagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to get lossless songs and is an ipod touch considered an audiophile mp3 player? Last post on 9/23/12 at 9:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Flacplayer app - updated. Last post on 2/20/14 at 7:06pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPods and External DACs Last post on 1/16/15 at 4:46pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [VIDEO] Portable High-end Headphone Amp Guide Last post on 8/22/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Professional iDevice DAC w/Simultaneous DIG/LINE Outputs, Battery Operations Last post on 8/17/13 at 4:00pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Poll Results: Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
33% (31)I don't have an iPod Touch
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I already own the iPod Touch 4G 64GB so I am not too sure if I will buy a iPod Touch 5G yet. I am very disappointed with the look of the new iPod Nano 7G. I just loved the Nano 6G for its small size and the fact I was able to wear it as a wristwatch/DAP which was very handy for cycling and walking. I was really looking forward to an update with the same design as the Nano 6G but very disappointed to see that Apple have reverted back to the bigger designs of the Nano 1G to 5G :( One thing I have wondered is what will happen to the manufacturers of the Nano 6G wristbands now that Apple have stopped making them.
Edited by tds101 - 9/13/12 at 7:22am
my judgement was purely based on storage of apple lossless....never judged the SQ, most of us bypass the DAC so yea.
I use my iPod Touch (4th generation) strictly as a solution to stream MOG and Spotify music services while I am at work using an HRT iStreamer paired with an O2 amp and middling quality ATH-M50 headphones. My iPod is only capable of 16-bit at up to 48kHz, so I don't see the point in trying to play high resolution lossless files with this configuration.
I'd be interested in the specifications of the newer iPod. If it is or will be capable of supporting 24-bit 96kHz playback, I might look into upgrading my equipment to take advantage of this feature. Otherwise, I'll just keep my existing iPod and eventually grab a newer model once a solution is available to connect the new device to my iStreamer, which is most likely just a new cable that will fit into the iPod correctly.
With no support for higher quality resolution, I'd just get the cheapest iPod as I would only be streaming music with very little storage requirements. I'm not able to tell the difference between Vorbis Q9 and lossless on nearly everything I listen to at 16-bit 44kHz with a cheap DAC and a $100 pair of headphones anyway.
- Will you upgrade your iPod Touch 4G to 5G?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 35 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 59 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW - Beyerdynamic DT-1770 (250 ohm) 3 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HD 4 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-XC For Sale 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2