Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need for warm headphones Last post on 5/4/13 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Headphone and Amplifier with Extra New Earpads Last post on 12/27/14 at 11:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Are there any portable headphones with HiFiMAN-like signature? Last post on 12/16/14 at 3:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- M-Audio Q40 Questions Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 652
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good to see the thread has gotten some of it's life back.
I received a pair of on tour Heir Czar 350's from a fellow headfier a few days ago. I'm listening to it paired off with my CLAS setup as a type this and all I can say is what a crazy top end glare on these things. An I thought my Q cans were bright, the Czar's make my Q cans sound rolled off when compared to them. Even though the Czar's seem to be more leaned out then my Q can they don't sound as fast which is rather surprising. I only have 2 weeks or so with these earphones fun times lay ahead of me.
Their big issue is that 7.5k peak. If you EQ that thing down ~6 dB, you'll find it much, much more enjoyable. But, I personally don't like to EQ, so that's why I didn't keep it. Otherwise, it's one of the most detailed universals around, bar none, matching many customs in detail.
Edit (for more explanation): the driver seems to have some kind of mechanical resonance there that makes that peak seem more prominent than it is.
Edited by tomscy2000 - 4/7/13 at 8:21pm
Thanks for the info Tom I'm going to give your EQ info a shot and see how it turns out.
Since the topic has suddenly turned to video games are there any Darkstalker fans on thread?
You might be the fellow to talk to then. Any idea on a good storefront that sells Darstalker figurines at acceptable non gouge out your eyes prices? I'm trying to find a Lilith and Victor figurine.
I was a bit suspicious of their OR5 when I was was looking for a new USB/SPDIF transport, I ended up going with Bel Canto's Reflink as it is apparently almost indistinguishable over SPDIF connection, and it costs a lot less, like over $1000 less. Berkley Alpha USB was another option, I really want to try one of those also. Empirical are always upgrading their designs, apparently there are some more upgrades in store, maybe at some point some of the upgrades will become more economical or standard rather than insanely expensive. When it comes to USB/I2S transport OffRamp has few competitors at that level of performance, and apparently that's where the OR5 really has an advantage to justify the price premium.
The OR5 is getting very high praise from some folks I typically trust for non-BS impressions, so I'm really curious about it. Basically they felt it made a very big difference in what they were hearing over other stuff they've tried before like the Audiophilio. They went into it with a highly skeptical attitude not expecting much in the way of gains.
Apparently Empirical has a money back guarantee, so that's enticing too. Even if they're attributing the improvements to unicorn horn powder and mermaid scales, I'd be down for one if I could hear definite improvements.
New Kurt Vile and James Blake tomorrow. New Flaming Lips the week after that. Already out: new Waaves, Tyler the Creator, Low, and Youth Lagoon.
Good month for music.
Edited by MuppetFace - 4/8/13 at 1:39am
Have to check out James Blake. Saw him live twice, it is an awesome experience. I am quite curious to see what direction the leader of Odd Future si taking. To me, the key event this month is the knew album by The Knife after soooo long. But maybe that's just me :)
Kerrigan was pretty cool, but Abathur was just a big ball of fun. He was diabolical and yet I found him somewhat touchingly innocent too.
Nah, not just you. I'm super excited too!
- The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Studio Headphones 12 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 13 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 52 seconds ago
- › Is a Fiio E11 enoguh for 300ohm headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › 0.25cm Vertere Acoustics D-Fi V2 USB Cable (USB Type A- to USB-micro) 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 4 minutes ago
- › Need help with a portable audio player 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 10 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2