Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 1241  

post #18601 of 21761

Those IEMs are very AKG3003-esque :P.

post #18602 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post  Is that Super Typhoon Usagi?
http://storm.surfline.com/map/pacific/west/?2013s19&z=5&ll=19.5,120.5

 

Yes, the Rabbit. Sounds so benign. It's actually not so bad right now. We're supposed to get heavy rain tonight.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post  First of all... jgray & Tom... check these out! 

 

They do look very nicely packaged.

post #18603 of 21761
Thread Starter 

Stay safe, Tom!

post #18604 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post

Giving my Vega its first real extended listen since I got it. 

Specifically: Adnaco*/ifi PSU (these are for my USB port, not the interface) -> Vega's USB -> Electra -> SR009's

I don't want to say a whole lot yet because I haven't been at it very long, but I have to say that bass on this DAC has a lot more authority than that of the NAD M51 I used to own and that helps a lot with the SR009's.  That's not to say it's exaggerated or anything, I think the NAD's was actually a bit soft.

This also has the least "Saber Sound" of all the Saber DAC's I've owned.  It's revealing as all hell, but the tonality doesn't really suffer for it from what I've heard so far.

Everything but JRiver playing off an internal HDD (because apparently this matters) has too much jitter for the Exact clock setting to work properly.  That's fairly annoying, but the Fine setting seems far less fussy.  I haven't compared them enough to really speak to their differences yet.  I did notice, however, that that the Exact setting images better than the default Auto setting.

* Just got this guy the other day.  I'm not sure what, if anything, it's really done for my sound yet, but being able to use a decent USB cable from its hub without having to place my DAC next to my PC is neat.  Also, not powering it off my PC.  That's gotta be worth something, right?  

Vega (and your other gear) looks tasty.
post #18605 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver 8 View Post  @Tom: Oh dear, I hope things go alright for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post Stay safe!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post  Stay safe my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post Stay safe, Tom!

 

Thanks, everyone. I think we'll be okay over here. We'll probably just get wind and a lot of rain. However, it does look like Usagi is headed right toward Hong Kong (and Shenzhen/Guangzhou) in a few days, and it will almost certainly break land there. Hopefully the people in HK are bracing for the impact. Audio (and all other electronic) production will probably be affected, too.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post  Vega (and your other gear) looks tasty.

 

+2... Auralic seems like a solid company.


 

Ugh... major cabin fever... that's why I'm posting like a madman once again.


Edited by tomscy2000 - 9/21/13 at 3:03am
post #18606 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Is that Super Typhoon Usagi?
http://storm.surfline.com/map/pacific/west/?2013s19&z=5&ll=19.5,120.5

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

 

Thanks, everyone. I think we'll be okay over here. We'll probably just get wind and a lot of rain. However, it does look like Usagi is headed right toward Hong Kong (and Shenzhen/Guangzhou) in a few days, and it will almost certainly break land there. Hopefully the people in HK are bracing for the impact. Audio (and all other electronic) production will probably be affected, too.

 

 

+2... Auralic seems like a solid company.


 

Ugh... major cabin fever... that's why I'm posting like a madman once again.

 

Ugh I don't even want to know Where KingWa lives >.> that guy JUST got back to me on my Audio GD 10ES2 like a trooper! Mad respect for him for that, 1 day after a HUGE holiday and like one day before a HUGE storm hits 

post #18607 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post  Ugh I don't even want to know Where KingWa lives >.> that guy JUST got back to me on my Audio GD 10ES2 like a trooper! Mad respect for him for that, 1 day after a HUGE holiday and like one day before a HUGE storm hits 

 

He lives in Foshan, which is close to HK. Just in case you're wondering, Foshan is where Ip Man is from.

post #18608 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

 

He lives in Foshan, which is close to HK. Just in case you're wondering, Foshan is where Ip Man is from.

 

Crap 

 
Also that was pretty cool to know as well :D, Oh yea
 
Just listened to "Portugal. The Man"... terrible.. sounded like 40 years of terrible rock music rolled into one effeminate singer and band, that and it lacked [like a lot of music today] a real sense of dynamics... mostly due to [again] mastering -.- 
 
While I am ranting here is a Japanese Band with... a singer who has a masculine effeminate voice! I like his voice actualy! It's the right mix of lovely mid tones [something women sing with] and manly GUSTO and heft 
 
 
also HOLY crap did I mention I got a new Power Conditioner which like TOTALLY made the sound stage of my oDac... MUCH cleaner :O just listened to my Flac version of that song, and was FLOORED [the difference is not THAT big but enough for me] that and mmm my Pb1 has nice bass, makes the DT 880 work for rock :D I can only imagine the how magical ear sex that will be the Hm 801 and Pb1 Combo! The pb1 btw has an upper mid boost and central sub bass [from listening to it] so that should work magically with the HM 801 which has that nice analog [yet it better be CLEAN sounding] PCM Dac, that and the treble roll of the the Hifimans does a nice job of introducing sexification mids into my bright cans! [The He 400 should sing on the Hm 801, lol Hifiman Makes BRIGHT cans and ROLLED Treble off Daps... I wonder why] 

Edited by Mshenay - 9/21/13 at 5:58am
post #18609 of 21761
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Just listened to "Portugal. The Man"... terrible.. sounded like 40 years of terrible rock music rolled into one effeminate singer and band

 

I disagree.

 

Also using "effeminate" as a negative qualifier isn't going to win you many points in this thread.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 
While I am ranting here is a Japanese Band with... a singer who has a masculine effeminate voice! I like his voice actualy! It's the right mix of lovely mid tones [something women sing with] and manly GUSTO and heft 

 

 

Er... am I missing something? There's nothing effeminate about the singer's voice in the video you posted. Why be so quick to try to assign gender labels to attributes like "lovely tones" and "gusto" anyway?

post #18610 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post
 

 

I disagree.

 

Also using "effeminate" as a negative qualifier isn't going to win you many points in this thread.

 

 

Er... am I missing something? There's nothing effeminate about the singer's voice in the video you posted. Why be so quick to try to assign gender labels to attributes like "lovely tones" and "gusto" anyway?

 

Your a women and I am a men, so we hear and judge things differently.  

 
My statement stands :3 and I LOVE listening to people to yea I'm going to generalize, it might piss you off but in terms of phsiology, how we are physically made up,  Men have lower voices and women have higher voices, this is  due to testoronne and other things. 
 
anyways, an example of the really masculine gusto can be found in Throat singing as well, I love it! 
 
But yea I think both voices are effeminate to my ears [they both sound like men] but Japanese has a nicer punch to it! 

Edited by Mshenay - 9/21/13 at 8:56am
post #18611 of 21761

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1LeRlD_-HAbbmojc9WVdPf_tPcKsD3gUjNjb5MPUqAA8wEBUq

post #18612 of 21761
:smile:Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

First of all... jgray & Tom... check these out! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Them are purdy. Please tell me they didn't just give you those. I'll never stop being jealous if they did. :smile:

 

I've known about those for a little while. They're on my IEM shortlist (probably the MA750 rather than the 600), which doesn't necessarily mean they'll ever get bought because I never seem to get around to IEMs. It's always music, or some other toy, that grabs my attention.

post #18613 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1LeRlD_-HAbbmojc9WVdPf_tPcKsD3gUjNjb5MPUqAA8wEBUq
In general, I try to take my time before judging / excluding. However here I am having a hard time coming to a conclusion as I cannot get past the language and thus do not really understand what is said.
post #18614 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


In general, I try to take my time before judging / excluding. However here I am having a hard time coming to a conclusion as I cannot get past the language and thus do not really understand what is said.

 

... just making macho sexist general statements... and saying that I prefer Japanese to when it comes to language sung in by men 

post #18615 of 21761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

... just making macho sexist general statements... and saying that I prefer Japanese to when it comes to language sung in by men 
Sounds a bit more civilized said this way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2