To SoundFreaq: Thanks for the insightful, detailed review
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help! (un-amplified bass) Last post on 1/30/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Suggestion? Last post on 11/29/15 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda M80, V-Moda LP/LP2, V-Moda M100, Beats Pro or Skullcandy MixMaster Last post on 6/3/13 at 6:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- best bass headphone under 300$ Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
[Comparison] Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs. Sony XB1000 - Bass Faceoff - Page 4post #46 of 609/19/12 at 9:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 609/20/12 at 2:10ampost #48 of 609/20/12 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by cel4145
I wouldn't know why people would say that since there are 10" subs that have fairly flat response down to around 30hz, which pretty much covers most bass heavy music very well. And there are 15" ported subs that peak and roll off starting somewhere between 60 to 80hz that would be mostly mid-bass in response, and the very low frequencies would be subdued (for example, check out the response on the Premier Acoustics PA-150) . And I have dual 18" subs that have a less linear response down to 20hz than my 12" ported sub. So it really depends on how the subs are tuned and how big a room they have to play in (a 10" will definitely not be impactful in a giant room), as well as their in room response.
If you like the bass of your Logitech sub, maybe it's that you like the presence of the other frequencies, too, whereas the XB-700 has dramatically over emphasized bass? Or is it that you like the tightness of the bass sound that is there?
I wouldn't say dramaticlly over emphaisized but yea it is over the top in many ways
In addition I know that an audiophile is some one who loves music, and as a lover of music I'd like to have knowledge to go with that love. Knowledge in that I have a nice neutral can that I can use as a refreance to compare to the others that I have, and from what I hear the Dt 880 is pretty neatrual and yes I'm pretty confident that it will do Nu Jazz, Classic Jazz, instrumental rock and Classical a little better than the Pro 900, why because it's not a bass heavy can. Is the pro 900 bad with those genres not at all but it's like using a Chef Knife to crave a piece of fruit... yea you can do it but a Paring Knife will do it better! Not to mention the price is just RIGHT, but for the many songs I have that are very balanced or even bass lite I thin the dt 880 will do well with the nice warm analog sound of the hm 601, I think it'll do a better job then ethier of the bass heavy cans [not that they do a bad job]
In addition I like collecting things... even if that means I buy one new pair of headphones every 8 months xD I still have a collection <3, so I enjoy music and I enjoy talking about music and I enjoy experince music or rather experinceing the same music in many different ways! So I've got the Dt 880 which will be more balanced to bring out the brightness in some of my music, then I'd have the XB 1000 for those nice Minimalistic songs, the XB 700's OVER EMPHAZISED bass for listening to that Dub Music <3 and the Pro 900 for when I wanna get ANGRY and have some impact. DIfferent tools for different jobs!
But yea, I'm getting away from bass cans and going to something lighter this time! That way once I hear a non emphaizsed bass can I can better judge the sound of a bass can, so if the XB 700 is over the top with bass [and I don't doubt it] the Dt 880 will make that pretty obvious <3
In addition I like the Tight minlistic bass that comes out of my Sub, in addition my room is small and my sub sits like 4 inches from me <3 But I'll end up with both XB1000 and Pro900 in the next year and then I can have a better opinion of what I like!
Edited by Mshenay - 9/20/12 at 10:47ampost #49 of 609/20/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Oh, it's definitely dramatically over-emphasized. The 20Hz to 100Hz range is an average of +10db to +15db over the other frequencies. Other bass heavy headphones like the HFI-580 and DT770 don't have that kind of bass emphasis. That's way, way heavy basspost #50 of 609/20/12 at 6:02pmQuote:
tell me about it! That must be why all of skream sounds so golden!
Oh great now I've got to sit dwn and figure out what music goes best with these cans >.>
Well I'm just glad I get fed up enough to go a different direction! And then in time I can do an ULTIMATE comparision of the two :Dpost #51 of 609/20/12 at 7:32pmpost #52 of 609/20/12 at 9:07pmQuote:
AND NOT YOUR DENONS? I love Kraftwerk though my Denons, but at least you have good taste.post #53 of 609/21/12 at 9:51amQuote:Quote:
I'm on a road trip, my Denons don't leave the house.post #54 of 609/22/12 at 8:19pm
Nice, I don't blame u... I'm still gonna get them both! Xb1000 is not as rough and tough as Pro 900 so it's my home body but that Pro 900 is gonna take some DAMAGE [hopefully] but still u get the idea, beacuase as a bass head I need both <3 also nice D7000 and Xb1000post #55 of 609/23/12 at 10:06ampost #56 of 609/24/12 at 9:47amQuote:
I feel u, I carry my xb700's with me in the little bag they came with, I'm sure you could buy a small pleather bag that would fit the 1000's [I infact carry my xb700 bag in another bag that has other thigns in it...] of course this multi bag contraption is all rather small... but it's useful to me!
I've made a discovery... apparently Dub Step is some SERIOUSLY Deep bass stuff... cuz it sounds AWESOME on my Xb700... I always though Liquid DnB was deeper... well with that information it's no freaking wonder why [despite] loving Liquid DnB it sux on my Xb700s ... this disocvery is brought to you by Digitially Imported...
That being said... If I want to enjoy DnB I might need some more mid bass focused head phones... meaning I don't really need the Xb1000's [I've got a Fiio E6 Mid-Bass amp] SO congrats u guys, I think for my Liquid DnB Pleasure the Pro 900's will be great! Because for Dub Step the Xb700's [Moded] r tight enough... but ofc they lack Mid Bass... *PHEW* that's a relief! Although sadly Wobbles still suck on my XB700's seeing as they r not as deep :[, so let's just hope I can find a better amp for that, as opposed to having to debate which Dub Step goes with which can >.>
Edited by Mshenay - 9/24/12 at 11:01ampost #57 of 609/29/12 at 9:19amLooks like Sony is revamping the XB line, hopefully they will release another 70mm unit.
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666483289post #58 of 609/30/12 at 8:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Croozer
Looks like Sony is revamping the XB line, hopefully they will release another 70mm unit.
Yea I saw, well great. This means I have to get the XB800 now and the Xb [1100?] I still want the orignal XB1000 and imo the new XB cans r ugly <3
Still I should have the XB1000 in 2 months or so >.>post #59 of 609/30/12 at 9:06ampost #60 of 609/30/12 at 6:22pmQuote:
Yea it is, man I'm almost tempted to get that thing RIGHT now >.> but I KNOW I'd better not... still in 2-3 months there should still be some on the market!
I'm thinking about getting the Hifi Man HE 400 and 500 as well! I hear good things about them both <3 [but thats like next year purcahses!]
- [Comparison] Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs. Sony XB1000 - Bass Faceoff
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 11 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from Ultrasone 750 pro 34 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Tera Player - Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse