Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 - Page 5  

post #61 of 218

Just saw this .... I may be able to come down, still not sure. It'd be from the IE area....

post #62 of 218
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Just saw this .... I may be able to come down, still not sure. It'd be from the IE area....


You might want to check with the others in this thread about car pooling. I know azynneo was looking for someone to drive with.

 

Hope you can make it! I will add you to the list as tentative.

post #63 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Just saw this .... I may be able to come down, still not sure. It'd be from the IE area....


it is I, I shall carpool with you! if you're willing to drive ;)

 

or rather, if hiyono doesn't mind we can catch a ride with him also since I was already going to.

post #64 of 218

Wow, I'm going to be in class on the base in Coronado that weekend! I'll have to see if I can swing by for a few!!!

post #65 of 218
Hm...Put me a tentative since I'm Irvine and will need see if I can find a carpool closeby.

Objective 2 + AKG K 500 + Koss Portapros
post #66 of 218
I'll be there with:
Apogee Duet 2
Bottlehead Crack
HD 650
post #67 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magedark View Post

Hm...Put me a tentative since I'm Irvine and will need see if I can find a carpool closeby.
Objective 2 + AKG K 500 + Koss Portapros


hiyono and I are passing by fountain valley if you can meet up with us there it could be possible (split gas between 3 ppl)

post #68 of 218

I dont mind having 3 ppl if we can squeeze into my small car.  I hope you dont mind going for BBQ after.  I always wanted to try Phil's BBQ.  I havent gone to San Deigo in a few years now.

post #69 of 218
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyono View Post

I dont mind having 3 ppl if we can squeeze into my small car.  I hope you dont mind going for BBQ after.  I always wanted to try Phil's BBQ.  I havent gone to San Deigo in a few years now.


Phil's BBQ is worth the drive alone, however, the line to get in can wrap all the way around their whole building. So allow some time for that meal.

post #70 of 218

Actually, you do not need to wait in the line to eat at Phil's. There is a bar component of Phil's with no wait that you can eat in, have a brew, enjoy the game, and it is also happens to be full service meaning a waiter takes your order and delivers your food to you (all of this at no extra cost). There is a side door that you have to know about, but for the most part I have never understood why people wait in the line at Phil's unless you have kids.

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #71 of 218
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post


Phil's BBQ is worth the drive alone, however, the line to get in can wrap all the way around their whole building. So allow some time for that meal.


Maybe we should just have one of our sponsors bring Phil's to the meet. ;-)

 

I guess BBQ and sticky fingers don't mix well with headphones. Maybe if everyone promises to wash their hands often...

post #72 of 218
I'll bring the Phil's and we can all set up around your realizer so you can give us demos while we eat. No hand washing necessary! wink.gif

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #73 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magedark View Post

Hm...Put me a tentative since I'm Irvine and will need see if I can find a carpool closeby.
Objective 2 + AKG K 500 + Koss Portapros

I'm in Orange. PM me closer to the date if you still need a ride.

If my Resonessence Concero shows up by then, I'll bring it, a BHA-1, and HD 800s. If not, I'm traveling light, just a MacBook Air and a Dragonfly.

I'll be interested to see what sources/DACs Jay sends along with the P-200 and BHA-1.
post #74 of 218
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post


If my Resonessence Concero shows up by then, I'll bring it, a BHA-1, and HD 800s. If not, I'm traveling light, just a MacBook Air and a Dragonfly.
I'll be interested to see what sources/DACs Jay sends along with the P-200 and BHA-1.

I will put you on the list.

 

I never talked to Jay about sources and he never mentioned it. I guess a good DAC and transport would be nice. He isn't getting back until a few days before the meet, so I am not sure what he has available on short notice.

 

Thanks!

post #75 of 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post


I'm in Orange. PM me closer to the date if you still need a ride.
If my Resonessence Concero shows up by then, I'll bring it, a BHA-1, and HD 800s. If not, I'm traveling light, just a MacBook Air and a Dragonfly.
I'll be interested to see what sources/DACs Jay sends along with the P-200 and BHA-1.

mind bringing your ayre dac also if it's not much trouble?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012