Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread - Page 106

post #1576 of 5573

Thanks Lee730 for the reply, how about the treble part, does the 1plus2 has more treble than akg3003i or at the same level. Is it dark in generally like the TG334 (I consider TG334 a little too dark for my taste even with silver cable).

 

As for the bass, it was mention to have more quality/qty than EX1000, how does the bass compare to both 3003i & TG334? Does it have the same qty/quality bass as TG334 if not is it at least more than 3003i?

 

Also I see that the shape is similar to TG334, does it create a vacuum effect when pulling in and out. The TG334 has this special quality of creating a suction to the ear drum each time I pull out.

 

I like the design though..


Edited by Audiowood - 2/2/13 at 12:11am
post #1577 of 5573
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

Thanks Lee730 for the reply, how about the treble part, does the 1plus2 has more treble than akg3003i or at the same level. Is it dark in generally like the TG334 (I consider TG334 a little too dark for my taste even with silver cable).

 

As for the bass, it was mention to have more quality/qty than EX1000, how does the bass compare to both 3003i & TG334? Does it have the same qty/quality bass as TG334 if not is it at least more than 3003i?

 

Also I see that the shape is similar to TG334, does it create a vacuum effect when pulling in and out. The TG334 has this special quality of creating a suction to the ear drum each time I pull out.

 

I like the design though..


I'd say the 1Plus2 has just as much treble as the AKG3003 but it's more detailed and smoother at the same time. It's more refined. It isn't grainy sounding as GG mentioned. I don't consider it a dark IEM at all but how it presents the detail is effortless so in a sense it is laid back but at the same time not really laid back. It's hard to describe. As I said earlier how it presents its detail is effortless, like the drivers aren't straining at all to produce their sound. While the AKG3003 and Fit Ear 334 will sound boosted/straining in comparison in their own respects.

 

My point in regards to the EX1000 is I consider its bass quality both better than the AKG3003 and the Fit Ear 334. Thus why I brought it up in my comparison to the 1Plus2. As I find the 1Plus2s bass even better than the EX1000s bass in both quality and quantity.  I rank the 1Plus2 as having the best bass quality I've heard in an IEM followed by the EX1000 as number 2. So pretty much the 1Plus2 has better bass than both the 334 and the AKG3003s.

 

I think the 334 has a better fit personally. But the 1Plus2s fit is pretty good, just not as good as the 334 IMO. I don't have any suction issues (discomfort) while pulling out the 1Plus2 if you mean that. That was more of an issue with my former Custom IEM.


Edited by lee730 - 2/2/13 at 1:32am
post #1578 of 5573

Well I wanted to have universals to complete my Miracles (because using customs all the time iritates my canal) and also just for pleasure of trying new ones...and I finally pulled the trigger on 1plus2. As I didn't want them feel lonely in the package I also took a T1, a silver/gold cable and a silver cable (for my Miracle or for the 1plus2, we'll see !). Thanks to everyone for their advice...

 

Guess who's gonna be having fun after Chinese new year...until then preparing my review on the Miracles...

post #1579 of 5573

Me and planx's thoughts and short impressions versus the AKG, though it was the previous 1Plus2 version that we were listening to at the time.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623514/tralucent-audio-1plus2-iem-appreciation-impressions-thread/315#post_8738262

post #1580 of 5573
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

Me and planx's thoughts and short impressions versus the AKG, though it was the previous 1Plus2 version that we were listening to at the time.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623514/tralucent-audio-1plus2-iem-appreciation-impressions-thread/315#post_8738262


Pretty much it just means the discrepancies are that much bigger this time around lmao which is true! ;).

post #1581 of 5573
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Well I wanted to have universals to complete my Miracles (because using customs all the time iritates my canal) and also just for pleasure of trying new ones...and I finally pulled the trigger on 1plus2. As I didn't want them feel lonely in the package I also took a T1, a silver/gold cable and a silver cable (for my Miracle or for the 1plus2, we'll see !). Thanks to everyone for their advice...

 

Guess who's gonna be having fun after Chinese new year...until then preparing my review on the Miracles...


I hope you enjoy them and I look forward to your comparisons between your Miracles :).

post #1582 of 5573

How is the DX100 with the 1Plus2 again? Considering using that as a transport over my rMBP

post #1583 of 5573
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

How is the DX100 with the 1Plus2 again? Considering using that as a transport over my rMBP


It sounds really good with them. But to be honest I find the Studio V 3rd ANV to pair better with the new 1Plus2 and in that it sounds better at around half the cost and of course its much smaller, so portability, more durability, much longer battery life (no greed as you say lol :P).. The best part is not needing and amp to get that sound. I even felt this pairing sounds better than the DX100 amped...


Edited by lee730 - 2/2/13 at 4:34pm
post #1584 of 5573

Oh really... Then maybe I should get the DX100 since I have opposite tastes from yours lol

Jokes aside, I'm 'considering' a DX100 because I'm hoping the DX100 will sound better -as a transport- than my rMBP into my Gungnir/Mjolnir... I am considering a QLS QA660 but the DX100 is portable too... Hm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


It sounds really good with them. But to be honest I find the Studio V 3rd ANV to pair better with the new 1Plus2 and in that it sounds better at around half the cost and of course its much smaller, so portability, more durability, much longer battery life (no greed as you say lol :P).. The best part is not needing and amp to get that sound. I even felt this pairing sounds better than the DX100 amped...

post #1585 of 5573
Thread Starter 

What about the AK100? Then again it has its own flaws with the 21 ohms output impedance. But if you were only using it as a Transport it may be a cheaper option.
 

post #1586 of 5573
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I hope you enjoy them and I look forward to your comparisons between your Miracles smily_headphones1.gif.
Yes thanks and I also want to try silver vs gold vs my cronus...
post #1587 of 5573
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Yes thanks and I also want to try silver vs gold vs my cronus...


Be sure to burn them in extensively. It really does make a difference. I'd say run the cables in for 300 hours at least. Pretty much I didn't bother so much with the burn in of the cables as I did the burn in of the IEMs themselves to be honest. I was already happy with the sound as is. But initially the changes will be more noticeable with usage.

post #1588 of 5573
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Be sure to burn them in extensively. It really does make a difference. I'd say run the cables in for 300 hours at least. Pretty much I didn't bother so much with the burn in of the cables as I did the burn in of the IEMs themselves to be honest. I was already happy with the sound as is. But initially the changes will be more noticeable with usage.

Honestly, I am not yet sure I have the ear to hear cable differences....so cable burn in for 300 hours might be too much for me. The only burn in I have indeed witnessed is tube amps...
post #1589 of 5573

Yo guys, sorry for going silent for the last little while. I haven't bothered posting due to the fact I didn't think I had much to offer. A quick update on my side, it looks like I'll be the guy who will be doing a review on the 1plus2 using the new CLAS -db. I just received my CLAS yesterday and I'm liking a lot how its pairing with my gear. Here's hoping once I get a chance to pair it with the 1plus 2 it will blow me away. At this rate I'm guessing the 1plus2 will arrive well before my Heir 4A CIEM.

post #1590 of 5573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Honestly, I am not yet sure I have the ear to hear cable differences....so cable burn in for 300 hours might be too much for me. The only burn in I have indeed witnessed is tube amps...

You can hear the SQ different from many cable direct out the box 

we do the comparison from 3 different cable to my 1=2 and um miracle as follow 

Whiplash elite twag 2

Tralucent silver cable 

Tralucent gold cable 

 

source : iPhone 4 s

amp : Tralucent T 1

volume : about 40% must stay for all cables 

 

the result : IMO

gold cable > silver cable > whiplash twag 2

 

Sound Quality : 

gold : the best balance , the tone I can hear more clear and has more body 

          The piano sound so real and I can hear more detail like the echo from the Piano 

          After the musician hit the tuts .the best cable for my iems 

          Less bright but is the right high no more no less , better mid and better bass body 

 

 

silver : more clear than gold , but for some music is to much to my ear 

            Wider soundstage , for instrument music 

 

whiplash twag 2 : sound not so clean from these 2 cable 


Edited by rudi0504 - 2/2/13 at 10:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread