Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[New] Philips Fidelio X1 - Page 51

post #751 of 4819

"My" X1 weight: 362g

Comfort: feels very lightweight on my Head, no joke

 


Edited by raybanner - 1/23/13 at 5:09am
post #752 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santina View Post

Can anyone who owns these phones comment on how the velour pads are (soundwise and comfortwise) compared to, say, the pleather pads on the L1s?

Check out the first thread which links to my in-depth review of the X1's. The pads are supremely comfortable. 

post #753 of 4819

My X1's also weight 362g as well ( Thats a surprise  smily_headphones1.gif )  My cable is 40g on top but its not stock)

They do not feel heavy while wearing however .

 

Foe example HD650 with 10ft Stefan Art cable weigh 414g  and feel the same as the X1 weight wise on the head. However Beyer T1's weigh 528g total and do feel a little heavier.

 

The only problem I have found and previously posted is my ears are somewhat large and feel a little constrained within the Cup .

HD650 cups have a larger and more oval hole and a better feel against the sides of the ear itself but don't sound as good as the X1's.

Beyer T1 has a larger round hole in the cups and also feel better as well .  Sound wise they are as good as the X1 but have a different sound signature and cost more than 3 times as much!!!


Edited by ruffra - 1/23/13 at 6:24am
post #754 of 4819

Thanks for weighing the phones, raybanner. 362g is much better. That's like a pair of Beyer 660. They might do. They might do.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanner View Post

"My" X1 weight: 362g

Comfort: feels very lightweight on my Head, no joke

post #755 of 4819

I've contacted with Amazon with my sibilance problem, and they said I can return them and get a refund, but they no longer carry them, so no replacement possible...Great! mad.gif

post #756 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by attika89 View Post

I've contacted with Amazon with my sibilance problem, and they said I can return them and get a refund, but they no longer carry them, so no replacement possible...Great! mad.gif

Ouch, that's sad to hear! I hope they are available somewhere in your country.

post #757 of 4819

Sadly they are not available here. I've already contacted with the local Philips distributor to compare, but they are not carrying them frown.gif

post #758 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by attika89 View Post

I've contacted with Amazon with my sibilance problem, and they said I can return them and get a refund, but they no longer carry them, so no replacement possible...Great! mad.gif

 

You can return a headphone with a sibilance problem? 

 

What about bass emphasis? I got a pile of those to return... 

post #759 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

You can return a headphone with a sibilance problem? 

 

What about bass emphasis? I got a pile of those to return... 

Well, they said I can return them. tongue.gif

Honestly, I'm in trouble finding other headphones....I was looking at the HE-400, but it seems to be pretty sibilant as well....

If only I could get a relacement....or just get a new one for sligtly more than from Amazon....rolleyes.gif


Edited by attika89 - 1/23/13 at 1:31pm
post #760 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

You can return a headphone with a sibilance problem? 

 

What about bass emphasis? I got a pile of those to return... 

bigsmile_face.gif

post #761 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy View Post

Thanks for weighing the phones, raybanner. 362g is much better. That's like a pair of Beyer 660. They might do. They might do.

My DT 880 are right around that too even tho cib felt they were heavier (also without cable). Apparently Philips' listed weight on that PDF pamphlet is just way off tho, even with the cable it doesn't reach the 430g that they state.
post #762 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by attika89 View Post

Well, they said I can return them. tongue.gif

Honestly, I'm in trouble finding other headphones....I was looking at the HE-400, but it seems to be pretty sibilant as well....

If only I could get a relacement....or just get a new one for sligtly more than from Amazon....rolleyes.gif

Are you sure its not your amp? what are you using?

post #763 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Are you sure its not your amp? what are you using?

No, it is not the amp. I can hear it with just the Cowon S9 as well. I have no DAC.....

I have an amp from a Hungarian guy. He made it himself. It is pretty transparent, and great sounding amp.

 

I might be too picky, I don't know.

Others could not hear sibilance with the same album....that is what bothers me...

post #764 of 4819
Quote:
Originally Posted by attika89 View Post

No, it is not the amp. I can hear it with just the Cowon S9 as well. I have no DAC.....

I have an amp from a Hungarian guy. He made it himself. It is pretty transparent, and great sounding amp.

 

I might be too picky, I don't know.

Others could not hear sibilance with the same album....that is what bothers me...

could very well be a defect.

post #765 of 4819
Originally Posted by attika89 View Post
Others could not hear sibilance with the same album....that is what bothers me...

BTW, that album was Amaranthe - Amaranthe (2011)

If anyone would try it....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [New] Philips Fidelio X1