Me likey the white.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for desktop use... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All-round Open headphones for around $100 Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good all around over ear headphones for PS3 gaming and listening to music Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good headphones (ALL rounders) Last post on 6/13/12 at 9:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
AKG K551 out soon. - Page 2post #16 of 1198/4/12 at 4:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1198/4/12 at 4:25pmpost #18 of 1198/5/12 at 2:27pmpost #19 of 1198/5/12 at 2:37pm
Still no detachable cable. And looks like they just randomly changed colors on a few parts, and went with a bright blue cable on one. If these are reference headphones, why do they have a volume control on the cord?
Looks like they're going for portable style choices on a not really portable headphone. Doesn't make too much sense.post #20 of 1198/5/12 at 2:57pmpost #21 of 1198/5/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).post #22 of 1198/5/12 at 9:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Danthrax
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).
I wish the K550 would get a bit cheaper so I could buy a pair and mod them without too much remorse. I'd imagine they'd get a lot better with some actual damping.
If you want to recable them, you'd have to remove the headband padding since the cable probably runs through there.post #23 of 1198/5/12 at 10:40pmpost #24 of 1198/6/12 at 12:09am
the white ones do look sexy but i would never buy a pair of cans with a in-line mic on them, just not my style, and i did hear that having a mic on your headphones causes some kind of distortion or something of which effects SQ... anyways spec-wise it looks pretty much the same.post #25 of 1198/30/12 at 7:27ampost #26 of 1198/30/12 at 8:07am
Hopefully they took the time to throw some damping material in there. The cost would be negligible. The drivers are promising and could sound much better than they do stock.
Edited by juantendo8 - 8/30/12 at 8:17ampost #27 of 1198/30/12 at 8:17ampost #28 of 1198/30/12 at 8:36ampost #29 of 1198/30/12 at 8:39am
Highly doubt they've improved the sound at all... seems like a shoddy new paintjob.
Assuming you're one of the few lucky ones (myself included) that didn't have a proper fit with these headphones. A lot of users are complaining about not getting a proper seal.
- AKG K551 out soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 28 seconds ago
- › measurements are models 41 seconds ago
- › HD800 vs HE500 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp for DT880 600ohm 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Mango Tree Wood Cups.BLACK Fit HE-400 , HE-500 , HE-4,... 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 4 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital