Me likey the white.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for desktop use... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All-round Open headphones for around $100 Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good all around over ear headphones for PS3 gaming and listening to music Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed can with good sound stage Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
AKG K551 out soon. - Page 2post #16 of 1198/4/12 at 4:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1198/4/12 at 4:25pmpost #18 of 1198/5/12 at 2:27pmpost #19 of 1198/5/12 at 2:37pm
Still no detachable cable. And looks like they just randomly changed colors on a few parts, and went with a bright blue cable on one. If these are reference headphones, why do they have a volume control on the cord?
Looks like they're going for portable style choices on a not really portable headphone. Doesn't make too much sense.post #20 of 1198/5/12 at 2:57pmpost #21 of 1198/5/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).post #22 of 1198/5/12 at 9:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Danthrax
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).
I wish the K550 would get a bit cheaper so I could buy a pair and mod them without too much remorse. I'd imagine they'd get a lot better with some actual damping.
If you want to recable them, you'd have to remove the headband padding since the cable probably runs through there.post #23 of 1198/5/12 at 10:40pmpost #24 of 1198/6/12 at 12:09am
the white ones do look sexy but i would never buy a pair of cans with a in-line mic on them, just not my style, and i did hear that having a mic on your headphones causes some kind of distortion or something of which effects SQ... anyways spec-wise it looks pretty much the same.post #25 of 1198/30/12 at 7:27ampost #26 of 1198/30/12 at 8:07am
Hopefully they took the time to throw some damping material in there. The cost would be negligible. The drivers are promising and could sound much better than they do stock.
Edited by juantendo8 - 8/30/12 at 8:17ampost #27 of 1198/30/12 at 8:17ampost #28 of 1198/30/12 at 8:36ampost #29 of 1198/30/12 at 8:39am
Highly doubt they've improved the sound at all... seems like a shoddy new paintjob.
Assuming you're one of the few lucky ones (myself included) that didn't have a proper fit with these headphones. A lot of users are complaining about not getting a proper seal.
- AKG K551 out soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Fostex HP-A4BL (the A4 with balanced output) 23 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 56 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for IEM upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread) 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...