Me likey the white.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for desktop use... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All-round Open headphones for around $100 Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good all around over ear headphones for PS3 gaming and listening to music Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good headphones (ALL rounders) Last post on 6/13/12 at 9:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
AKG K551 out soon. - Page 2post #16 of 1198/4/12 at 4:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1198/4/12 at 4:25pmpost #18 of 1198/5/12 at 2:27pmpost #19 of 1198/5/12 at 2:37pm
Still no detachable cable. And looks like they just randomly changed colors on a few parts, and went with a bright blue cable on one. If these are reference headphones, why do they have a volume control on the cord?
Looks like they're going for portable style choices on a not really portable headphone. Doesn't make too much sense.post #20 of 1198/5/12 at 2:57pmpost #21 of 1198/5/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).post #22 of 1198/5/12 at 9:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Danthrax
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).
I wish the K550 would get a bit cheaper so I could buy a pair and mod them without too much remorse. I'd imagine they'd get a lot better with some actual damping.
If you want to recable them, you'd have to remove the headband padding since the cable probably runs through there.post #23 of 1198/5/12 at 10:40pmpost #24 of 1198/6/12 at 12:09am
the white ones do look sexy but i would never buy a pair of cans with a in-line mic on them, just not my style, and i did hear that having a mic on your headphones causes some kind of distortion or something of which effects SQ... anyways spec-wise it looks pretty much the same.post #25 of 1198/30/12 at 7:27ampost #26 of 1198/30/12 at 8:07am
Hopefully they took the time to throw some damping material in there. The cost would be negligible. The drivers are promising and could sound much better than they do stock.
Edited by juantendo8 - 8/30/12 at 8:17ampost #27 of 1198/30/12 at 8:17ampost #28 of 1198/30/12 at 8:36ampost #29 of 1198/30/12 at 8:39am
Highly doubt they've improved the sound at all... seems like a shoddy new paintjob.
Assuming you're one of the few lucky ones (myself included) that didn't have a proper fit with these headphones. A lot of users are complaining about not getting a proper seal.
- AKG K551 out soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 22 seconds ago
- › The How and Why of Tubes 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 29 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 55 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › WTB STAX OMEGA II SR007 for reasonable price 2 minutes ago
- › need help setting up my very first 2.1 hifi for my pc! :D 2 minutes ago
- › Limited Edition Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV or Trade with LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)