Me likey the white.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for desktop use... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All-round Open headphones for around $100 Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good all around over ear headphones for PS3 gaming and listening to music Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed can with good sound stage Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
AKG K551 out soon. - Page 2post #16 of 1198/4/12 at 4:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1198/4/12 at 4:25pmpost #18 of 1198/5/12 at 2:27pmpost #19 of 1198/5/12 at 2:37pm
Still no detachable cable. And looks like they just randomly changed colors on a few parts, and went with a bright blue cable on one. If these are reference headphones, why do they have a volume control on the cord?
Looks like they're going for portable style choices on a not really portable headphone. Doesn't make too much sense.post #20 of 1198/5/12 at 2:57pmpost #21 of 1198/5/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).post #22 of 1198/5/12 at 9:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Danthrax
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).
I wish the K550 would get a bit cheaper so I could buy a pair and mod them without too much remorse. I'd imagine they'd get a lot better with some actual damping.
If you want to recable them, you'd have to remove the headband padding since the cable probably runs through there.post #23 of 1198/5/12 at 10:40pmpost #24 of 1198/6/12 at 12:09am
the white ones do look sexy but i would never buy a pair of cans with a in-line mic on them, just not my style, and i did hear that having a mic on your headphones causes some kind of distortion or something of which effects SQ... anyways spec-wise it looks pretty much the same.post #25 of 1198/30/12 at 7:27ampost #26 of 1198/30/12 at 8:07am
Hopefully they took the time to throw some damping material in there. The cost would be negligible. The drivers are promising and could sound much better than they do stock.
Edited by juantendo8 - 8/30/12 at 8:17ampost #27 of 1198/30/12 at 8:17ampost #28 of 1198/30/12 at 8:36ampost #29 of 1198/30/12 at 8:39am
Highly doubt they've improved the sound at all... seems like a shoddy new paintjob.
Assuming you're one of the few lucky ones (myself included) that didn't have a proper fit with these headphones. A lot of users are complaining about not getting a proper seal.
- AKG K551 out soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze LCD-X 20 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 3 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › MikePortnoy's Custom Monitor List - CanalWorks L71PSTS added (Full... 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear