Me likey the white.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which of the following headphones complement my DT990 best? Last post on 11/8/12 at 3:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for desktop use... Last post on 8/12/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- All-round Open headphones for around $100 Last post on 7/30/12 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good all around over ear headphones for PS3 gaming and listening to music Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good headphones (ALL rounders) Last post on 6/13/12 at 9:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
AKG K551 out soon. - Page 2post #16 of 1198/4/12 at 4:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1198/4/12 at 4:25pmpost #18 of 1198/5/12 at 2:27pmpost #19 of 1198/5/12 at 2:37pm
Still no detachable cable. And looks like they just randomly changed colors on a few parts, and went with a bright blue cable on one. If these are reference headphones, why do they have a volume control on the cord?
Looks like they're going for portable style choices on a not really portable headphone. Doesn't make too much sense.post #20 of 1198/5/12 at 2:57pmpost #21 of 1198/5/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).post #22 of 1198/5/12 at 9:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Danthrax
I actually found that dynamat applied to the plastic cups and the removal of that rubber thing inside makes them sound a lot better. But I liked them unmodded as well. Right now I'm waiting to recable mine, but I don't know how hard it is going to be to replace the cable that goes through the headband. Has anyone recabled the 550s and replaced the headband cables? I would appreciate any tips (including telling me not to do it).
I wish the K550 would get a bit cheaper so I could buy a pair and mod them without too much remorse. I'd imagine they'd get a lot better with some actual damping.
If you want to recable them, you'd have to remove the headband padding since the cable probably runs through there.post #23 of 1198/5/12 at 10:40pmpost #24 of 1198/6/12 at 12:09am
the white ones do look sexy but i would never buy a pair of cans with a in-line mic on them, just not my style, and i did hear that having a mic on your headphones causes some kind of distortion or something of which effects SQ... anyways spec-wise it looks pretty much the same.post #25 of 1198/30/12 at 7:27ampost #26 of 1198/30/12 at 8:07am
Hopefully they took the time to throw some damping material in there. The cost would be negligible. The drivers are promising and could sound much better than they do stock.
Edited by juantendo8 - 8/30/12 at 8:17ampost #27 of 1198/30/12 at 8:17ampost #28 of 1198/30/12 at 8:36ampost #29 of 1198/30/12 at 8:39am
Highly doubt they've improved the sound at all... seems like a shoddy new paintjob.
Assuming you're one of the few lucky ones (myself included) that didn't have a proper fit with these headphones. A lot of users are complaining about not getting a proper seal.
- AKG K551 out soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Enter to win a Bowie-Inspired MOMENTUM Headphone from Sennheiser... 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 3 minutes ago
- › Speakers or monitors for audiophile experience? 4 minutes ago
- › How important is the Holy Grail of perfect sound really? 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › Matsu****a E88CC 6922 Mullard Tooling Gold Pin Matched Pair tubes 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica CKX Information & Reviews Thread 10 minutes ago
- › NEW! Apogee ONE for iOS 11 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude