An amped (nearly any amp will do) ER4S is by far the best IEM I've ever heard, let alone SBA. Though, I've never tried other companies' >$200 SBA models.
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 6post #76 of 39310/17/12 at 5:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 39310/17/12 at 11:44pm
Not a big difference, it's mostly in the treble, the ER6's treble is more transparent by a bit. The ER6 is more tip dependent thoughpost #78 of 39310/18/12 at 12:46am
HF3 is the best for me. Good enough that I plan to use them until they break then probably try the er4 series. Only problem is the trrs connector causes problems with some of my players
Others that I have heard are superfi 3, addiem, and Altec mzx606post #79 of 39310/18/12 at 12:47amQuote:
Unrelated to sound the form factor of the ER-6 is horrible. Just today I split the rubber cover on the housing and had to take it completely off. It actually becomes easier to retrieve from the ear without the rubber covering, but the iem itself is more exposed to the elements. Got a back up pair from amazon japan though.
I wish they would remake these into something more user friendly.post #80 of 39310/18/12 at 1:12am
SA6 > UM3X, I doubt I got a dud, I'm not going to waste another 60 dollar restocking fee to find out. I've only had those and a couple sets of CX300 before hand. Main gripe with um3x was sound imaging was wack and distracting.post #81 of 39311/24/12 at 9:15pmThread Starterpost #82 of 39311/25/12 at 12:53am
Amazon Lightning Deals for Sunday:
Thinksound TS02 (again) at 9:30 EST
V-Moda V-80 True Blood Edition at 12:30 EST [This might actually be a deal fingers-crossed since it's $184 right now and they camel'd for
$140 last year. M-80's are currently $160 so we shall see]
Sennheiser MX680 at 1:30 EST [Sports throwaways]
BEST DEAL ON LIST:
Hello Kitty DJ Style Headphones 2:30 EST
SECOND BEST DEAL ON LIST:
JBuds J5M at 3:30 EST
4 Channel Headphone Amp [Unknown] 3:30 EST
SIGH, ANOTHER STELLAR DEAL:
Street by 50 Cent at 6:30 EST
Denon AH-D310 at 7:30 EST
Phiaton PS20 Bluetooth at 8:30 EST
Does anyone have any experience with Bluetooth headphones? I've always been terrified to throw my money down the drain, but I'm interested in how these might perform.
House of Marley Stir-It-Up Headphones at 9:30 EST
Reviews on here seemed mixed. Somewhere between fear of a $200-version skullcandy and good-sound w/ only issue being tight clamping. Anyone have any details on these. They look gorgeous.
MEElectronics HT-21 at 9:30 EST
I've got to say, I'm an IEM junkie through-and-through as fiancee makes me aware of time and time again each Black Friday/Cyber Monday and my inability to control purchases :) -- These are the first Headphones I've ever purchased to test the waters... I have to say, I really enjoy these. As a grad-student, sometimes people still try to talk to me with IEM's in, but no one will the the HT-21's. Comfort is great and I'd say it has good balance and soundstage for a budget headphone. If you don't any headphones, considering current price is $22, I'd put it as a must-buy when deal hits. -- Someone else please chime in here, but at standard prices is HT-21 or Monoprice 8323 better for intro-phone?
Finally, Thermaltake HT-SHK002ECWH eSports SHOCK Gaming Headset at 12:40 EST
I know nothing about it so not sure if crap or not.
Fingers crossed for a Gold Box Monday for UE900. Last year had the TF10 and x10i. Year before had the TF10. I can't imagine Amazon screwing the head-fi community.post #83 of 39311/25/12 at 12:54ampost #84 of 39311/25/12 at 1:02ampost #85 of 39311/25/12 at 1:18am
Heard quite a few balanced armature earphones, mostly single or dual drivers...
Overall best would probably be Westone 4 for now... UE900 comes a very close second...
If it is per driver:
single driver - technically probably X10, but somehow I like the sound signature of the Ares and PL-50 more
dual driver - BA200
triple driver - Only heard TF10 so...
quad driver - Westone 4
probably that is about itpost #86 of 39311/25/12 at 1:20ampost #87 of 39311/25/12 at 2:06ampost #88 of 39311/25/12 at 2:11amQuote:
TF10 better than the Heir 4Ai and UE900? How come?
Thankspost #89 of 39311/25/12 at 3:15amQuote:TF10 better than the Heir 4Ai and UE900? How come?
you could may be call that preference at best ..
butQuote:addiem > sm3
oh come on!!!!!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 34 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 1 minute ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 or X1 headphone decision help 4 minutes ago
- › does the foam mod on hd 558 make a difference 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)