An amped (nearly any amp will do) ER4S is by far the best IEM I've ever heard, let alone SBA. Though, I've never tried other companies' >$200 SBA models.
- item1964 Ears 1964 Q Quad Driver Custom IEM
- itemAudio Technica CK100
- itemBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphones
- itemEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphones
- itemEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In Ear Earphones Cobalt
- categoryIn Ear
- itemKlipsch Image X10 Noise Isolating Earphone
- itemOrtofon E Q7 Ear Canal Headphone
- itemPhonak Aud O PFE 232
- itemRockit Sounds R 50
- itemShure SE535LTD RED
- itemUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones
- itemWestone 4 True Fit Earphones
- itemWestone ES 5
- itemWestone UM3x
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 4:51 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 10/30/12 at 9:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 3/7/13 at 6:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Related Head Gear
- Thinksound ts02 + Mic 8mm In-Ear High Dfinition...No review yet.
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 6post #76 of 21210/17/12 at 5:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 21210/17/12 at 11:44pm
Not a big difference, it's mostly in the treble, the ER6's treble is more transparent by a bit. The ER6 is more tip dependent thoughpost #78 of 21210/18/12 at 12:46am
HF3 is the best for me. Good enough that I plan to use them until they break then probably try the er4 series. Only problem is the trrs connector causes problems with some of my players
Others that I have heard are superfi 3, addiem, and Altec mzx606post #79 of 21210/18/12 at 12:47amQuote:
Unrelated to sound the form factor of the ER-6 is horrible. Just today I split the rubber cover on the housing and had to take it completely off. It actually becomes easier to retrieve from the ear without the rubber covering, but the iem itself is more exposed to the elements. Got a back up pair from amazon japan though.
I wish they would remake these into something more user friendly.post #80 of 21210/18/12 at 1:12am
SA6 > UM3X, I doubt I got a dud, I'm not going to waste another 60 dollar restocking fee to find out. I've only had those and a couple sets of CX300 before hand. Main gripe with um3x was sound imaging was wack and distracting.post #81 of 21211/24/12 at 9:15pmThread Starterpost #82 of 21211/25/12 at 12:53am
Amazon Lightning Deals for Sunday:
Thinksound TS02 (again) at 9:30 EST
V-Moda V-80 True Blood Edition at 12:30 EST [This might actually be a deal fingers-crossed since it's $184 right now and they camel'd for
$140 last year. M-80's are currently $160 so we shall see]
Sennheiser MX680 at 1:30 EST [Sports throwaways]
BEST DEAL ON LIST:
Hello Kitty DJ Style Headphones 2:30 EST
SECOND BEST DEAL ON LIST:
JBuds J5M at 3:30 EST
4 Channel Headphone Amp [Unknown] 3:30 EST
SIGH, ANOTHER STELLAR DEAL:
Street by 50 Cent at 6:30 EST
Denon AH-D310 at 7:30 EST
Phiaton PS20 Bluetooth at 8:30 EST
Does anyone have any experience with Bluetooth headphones? I've always been terrified to throw my money down the drain, but I'm interested in how these might perform.
House of Marley Stir-It-Up Headphones at 9:30 EST
Reviews on here seemed mixed. Somewhere between fear of a $200-version skullcandy and good-sound w/ only issue being tight clamping. Anyone have any details on these. They look gorgeous.
MEElectronics HT-21 at 9:30 EST
I've got to say, I'm an IEM junkie through-and-through as fiancee makes me aware of time and time again each Black Friday/Cyber Monday and my inability to control purchases :) -- These are the first Headphones I've ever purchased to test the waters... I have to say, I really enjoy these. As a grad-student, sometimes people still try to talk to me with IEM's in, but no one will the the HT-21's. Comfort is great and I'd say it has good balance and soundstage for a budget headphone. If you don't any headphones, considering current price is $22, I'd put it as a must-buy when deal hits. -- Someone else please chime in here, but at standard prices is HT-21 or Monoprice 8323 better for intro-phone?
Finally, Thermaltake HT-SHK002ECWH eSports SHOCK Gaming Headset at 12:40 EST
I know nothing about it so not sure if crap or not.
Fingers crossed for a Gold Box Monday for UE900. Last year had the TF10 and x10i. Year before had the TF10. I can't imagine Amazon screwing the head-fi community.post #83 of 21211/25/12 at 12:54ampost #84 of 21211/25/12 at 1:02ampost #85 of 21211/25/12 at 1:18am
Heard quite a few balanced armature earphones, mostly single or dual drivers...
Overall best would probably be Westone 4 for now... UE900 comes a very close second...
If it is per driver:
single driver - technically probably X10, but somehow I like the sound signature of the Ares and PL-50 more
dual driver - BA200
triple driver - Only heard TF10 so...
quad driver - Westone 4
probably that is about itpost #86 of 21211/25/12 at 1:20ampost #87 of 21211/25/12 at 2:06ampost #88 of 21211/25/12 at 2:11amQuote:
TF10 better than the Heir 4Ai and UE900? How come?
Thankspost #89 of 21211/25/12 at 3:15amQuote:TF10 better than the Heir 4Ai and UE900? How come?
you could may be call that preference at best ..
butQuote:addiem > sm3
oh come on!!!!!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 seconds ago
- › Monster Inspiration ??? 25 seconds ago
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 2 minutes ago
- › FS: HiFiMan HE-300 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos (Audeze, HiFiMAN, Stax) -- sign up now 4 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe