An amped (nearly any amp will do) ER4S is by far the best IEM I've ever heard, let alone SBA. Though, I've never tried other companies' >$200 SBA models.
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? - Page 6post #76 of 36810/17/12 at 5:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 36810/17/12 at 11:44pm
Not a big difference, it's mostly in the treble, the ER6's treble is more transparent by a bit. The ER6 is more tip dependent thoughpost #78 of 36810/18/12 at 12:46am
HF3 is the best for me. Good enough that I plan to use them until they break then probably try the er4 series. Only problem is the trrs connector causes problems with some of my players
Others that I have heard are superfi 3, addiem, and Altec mzx606post #79 of 36810/18/12 at 12:47amQuote:
Unrelated to sound the form factor of the ER-6 is horrible. Just today I split the rubber cover on the housing and had to take it completely off. It actually becomes easier to retrieve from the ear without the rubber covering, but the iem itself is more exposed to the elements. Got a back up pair from amazon japan though.
I wish they would remake these into something more user friendly.post #80 of 36810/18/12 at 1:12am
SA6 > UM3X, I doubt I got a dud, I'm not going to waste another 60 dollar restocking fee to find out. I've only had those and a couple sets of CX300 before hand. Main gripe with um3x was sound imaging was wack and distracting.post #81 of 36811/24/12 at 9:15pmThread Starterpost #82 of 36811/25/12 at 12:53am
Amazon Lightning Deals for Sunday:
Thinksound TS02 (again) at 9:30 EST
V-Moda V-80 True Blood Edition at 12:30 EST [This might actually be a deal fingers-crossed since it's $184 right now and they camel'd for
$140 last year. M-80's are currently $160 so we shall see]
Sennheiser MX680 at 1:30 EST [Sports throwaways]
BEST DEAL ON LIST:
Hello Kitty DJ Style Headphones 2:30 EST
SECOND BEST DEAL ON LIST:
JBuds J5M at 3:30 EST
4 Channel Headphone Amp [Unknown] 3:30 EST
SIGH, ANOTHER STELLAR DEAL:
Street by 50 Cent at 6:30 EST
Denon AH-D310 at 7:30 EST
Phiaton PS20 Bluetooth at 8:30 EST
Does anyone have any experience with Bluetooth headphones? I've always been terrified to throw my money down the drain, but I'm interested in how these might perform.
House of Marley Stir-It-Up Headphones at 9:30 EST
Reviews on here seemed mixed. Somewhere between fear of a $200-version skullcandy and good-sound w/ only issue being tight clamping. Anyone have any details on these. They look gorgeous.
MEElectronics HT-21 at 9:30 EST
I've got to say, I'm an IEM junkie through-and-through as fiancee makes me aware of time and time again each Black Friday/Cyber Monday and my inability to control purchases :) -- These are the first Headphones I've ever purchased to test the waters... I have to say, I really enjoy these. As a grad-student, sometimes people still try to talk to me with IEM's in, but no one will the the HT-21's. Comfort is great and I'd say it has good balance and soundstage for a budget headphone. If you don't any headphones, considering current price is $22, I'd put it as a must-buy when deal hits. -- Someone else please chime in here, but at standard prices is HT-21 or Monoprice 8323 better for intro-phone?
Finally, Thermaltake HT-SHK002ECWH eSports SHOCK Gaming Headset at 12:40 EST
I know nothing about it so not sure if crap or not.
Fingers crossed for a Gold Box Monday for UE900. Last year had the TF10 and x10i. Year before had the TF10. I can't imagine Amazon screwing the head-fi community.post #83 of 36811/25/12 at 12:54ampost #84 of 36811/25/12 at 1:02ampost #85 of 36811/25/12 at 1:18am
Heard quite a few balanced armature earphones, mostly single or dual drivers...
Overall best would probably be Westone 4 for now... UE900 comes a very close second...
If it is per driver:
single driver - technically probably X10, but somehow I like the sound signature of the Ares and PL-50 more
dual driver - BA200
triple driver - Only heard TF10 so...
quad driver - Westone 4
probably that is about itpost #86 of 36811/25/12 at 1:20ampost #87 of 36811/25/12 at 2:06ampost #88 of 36811/25/12 at 2:11amQuote:
TF10 better than the Heir 4Ai and UE900? How come?
Thankspost #89 of 36811/25/12 at 3:15amQuote:TF10 better than the Heir 4Ai and UE900? How come?
you could may be call that preference at best ..
butQuote:addiem > sm3
oh come on!!!!!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... just now
- › JDS Labs Modified O2 and New Charger, COMES WITH FREE OP AMPS... 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 36 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 5 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob