Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Mine is the Westone um3x
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?post #1 of 4817/29/12 at 3:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4817/29/12 at 4:05ampost #3 of 4817/29/12 at 5:26ampost #4 of 4817/29/12 at 12:27pm
The ety er-4s. I also really like the brainwavz b2 and the audio-technica ck10 but the er4s is just more to my liking. I just prefer "harsher" more agressive treble and even though the ck10 is better in that respect compared to the b2, it still isn't exactly how I want it. Anyway, it's all a matter of personal preference and I don't think there will ever be a universal iem that everyone considers the best.post #5 of 4817/29/12 at 2:22pmpost #6 of 4817/29/12 at 3:32pm
Currently I prefer the TF10, but the SM3 beats it overall in terms of detail, accuracy, tonal balance, and acuity of presentation.
Edited by Gilly87 - 7/29/12 at 3:40pmpost #7 of 4817/29/12 at 3:37pmpost #8 of 4817/29/12 at 3:42pmpost #9 of 4817/29/12 at 5:08pmpost #10 of 4817/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #11 of 4817/29/12 at 8:13pmpost #12 of 4817/29/12 at 8:22pmpost #13 of 4817/29/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
I wouldn't consider the AS-2 a BA IEM since it has a dynamic. I wouldn't consider it a dynamic because it has 2 BAs. I would consider it a hybrid though.post #14 of 4817/29/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
If you look at what I typed (again), I mentioned it was a hybrid. But clearly it's a BA in addition to the dynamic driver (since I've seen what it looks like in the inside). Those BA tweeters give the dynamic driver an extra hmph! So my comment is based on what I've heard those tweeters do for the IEM as a whole. I stick by my comment. To me, a "hybrid" simply means it is both.
Edited by ericp10 - 7/29/12 at 9:29pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 47 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 56 seconds ago
- › Gleam Audio / NiceHCK DZ9 (1 + 8) Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE400i 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Note 7 - just around the corner , audiophile phone? 3 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...