Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Mine is the Westone um3x
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?post #1 of 4217/29/12 at 3:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4217/29/12 at 4:05ampost #3 of 4217/29/12 at 5:26ampost #4 of 4217/29/12 at 12:27pm
The ety er-4s. I also really like the brainwavz b2 and the audio-technica ck10 but the er4s is just more to my liking. I just prefer "harsher" more agressive treble and even though the ck10 is better in that respect compared to the b2, it still isn't exactly how I want it. Anyway, it's all a matter of personal preference and I don't think there will ever be a universal iem that everyone considers the best.post #5 of 4217/29/12 at 2:22pmpost #6 of 4217/29/12 at 3:32pm
Currently I prefer the TF10, but the SM3 beats it overall in terms of detail, accuracy, tonal balance, and acuity of presentation.
Edited by Gilly87 - 7/29/12 at 3:40pmpost #7 of 4217/29/12 at 3:37pmpost #8 of 4217/29/12 at 3:42pmpost #9 of 4217/29/12 at 5:08pmpost #10 of 4217/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #11 of 4217/29/12 at 8:13pmpost #12 of 4217/29/12 at 8:22pmpost #13 of 4217/29/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
I wouldn't consider the AS-2 a BA IEM since it has a dynamic. I wouldn't consider it a dynamic because it has 2 BAs. I would consider it a hybrid though.post #14 of 4217/29/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
If you look at what I typed (again), I mentioned it was a hybrid. But clearly it's a BA in addition to the dynamic driver (since I've seen what it looks like in the inside). Those BA tweeters give the dynamic driver an extra hmph! So my comment is based on what I've heard those tweeters do for the IEM as a whole. I stick by my comment. To me, a "hybrid" simply means it is both.
Edited by ericp10 - 7/29/12 at 9:29pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 42 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 5 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX-100 II alternatives? I need something more airy 14 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 14 minutes ago
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 16 minutes ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N6 - DAP Australian / New Zealand Tour Impressions 16 minutes ago
- › Bedroom Audio 18 minutes ago
- › cables are placebo 19 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)