Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Mine is the Westone um3x
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?post #1 of 4207/29/12 at 3:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4207/29/12 at 4:05ampost #3 of 4207/29/12 at 5:26ampost #4 of 4207/29/12 at 12:27pm
The ety er-4s. I also really like the brainwavz b2 and the audio-technica ck10 but the er4s is just more to my liking. I just prefer "harsher" more agressive treble and even though the ck10 is better in that respect compared to the b2, it still isn't exactly how I want it. Anyway, it's all a matter of personal preference and I don't think there will ever be a universal iem that everyone considers the best.post #5 of 4207/29/12 at 2:22pmpost #6 of 4207/29/12 at 3:32pm
Currently I prefer the TF10, but the SM3 beats it overall in terms of detail, accuracy, tonal balance, and acuity of presentation.
Edited by Gilly87 - 7/29/12 at 3:40pmpost #7 of 4207/29/12 at 3:37pmpost #8 of 4207/29/12 at 3:42pmpost #9 of 4207/29/12 at 5:08pmpost #10 of 4207/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #11 of 4207/29/12 at 8:13pmpost #12 of 4207/29/12 at 8:22pmpost #13 of 4207/29/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
I wouldn't consider the AS-2 a BA IEM since it has a dynamic. I wouldn't consider it a dynamic because it has 2 BAs. I would consider it a hybrid though.post #14 of 4207/29/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
If you look at what I typed (again), I mentioned it was a hybrid. But clearly it's a BA in addition to the dynamic driver (since I've seen what it looks like in the inside). Those BA tweeters give the dynamic driver an extra hmph! So my comment is based on what I've heard those tweeters do for the IEM as a whole. I stick by my comment. To me, a "hybrid" simply means it is both.
Edited by ericp10 - 7/29/12 at 9:29pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oh man! I just found out that the AKG K7xx is not available for... 13 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 15 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 16 seconds ago
- › AKG K7xx - got it 2 weeks ago, iFi Nano iDSD DAC/amp, Dragonfly... 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-IM70 vs Shure SE215 vs VSONIC GR07 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2