Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Mine is the Westone um3x
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/1/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productOrtofon e-Q7 Ear Canal Headphonetagged by System, 8/1/12
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by System, 8/1/12More
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 8/1/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 8/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?post #1 of 4817/29/12 at 3:48amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4817/29/12 at 4:05ampost #3 of 4817/29/12 at 5:26ampost #4 of 4817/29/12 at 12:27pm
The ety er-4s. I also really like the brainwavz b2 and the audio-technica ck10 but the er4s is just more to my liking. I just prefer "harsher" more agressive treble and even though the ck10 is better in that respect compared to the b2, it still isn't exactly how I want it. Anyway, it's all a matter of personal preference and I don't think there will ever be a universal iem that everyone considers the best.post #5 of 4817/29/12 at 2:22pmpost #6 of 4817/29/12 at 3:32pm
Currently I prefer the TF10, but the SM3 beats it overall in terms of detail, accuracy, tonal balance, and acuity of presentation.
Edited by Gilly87 - 7/29/12 at 3:40pmpost #7 of 4817/29/12 at 3:37pmpost #8 of 4817/29/12 at 3:42pmpost #9 of 4817/29/12 at 5:08pmpost #10 of 4817/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #11 of 4817/29/12 at 8:13pmpost #12 of 4817/29/12 at 8:22pmpost #13 of 4817/29/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
I wouldn't consider the AS-2 a BA IEM since it has a dynamic. I wouldn't consider it a dynamic because it has 2 BAs. I would consider it a hybrid though.post #14 of 4817/29/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
If you look at what I typed (again), I mentioned it was a hybrid. But clearly it's a BA in addition to the dynamic driver (since I've seen what it looks like in the inside). Those BA tweeters give the dynamic driver an extra hmph! So my comment is based on what I've heard those tweeters do for the IEM as a whole. I stick by my comment. To me, a "hybrid" simply means it is both.
Edited by ericp10 - 7/29/12 at 9:29pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Altone 350 or T-Peos H300 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3905: New and even better than 3585/3595 9 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 10 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › Marshall London - Audiophile smartphone 11 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 12 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 12 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...