I'm going to be flying to Stanford on Monday, so speedy replies would be welcome. I was planning on traveling with my Sennheiser HD-25's and a RoCoo for the source. I'm now second guessing myself and am considering bringing my Hifiman HE-300's instead since they sound better. Would the airplane drown out the music so much that it would be better to just bring the HD-25's?
Related Forum Threads
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Rock/Metal around $200 dollars Last post on 9/15/12 at 8:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My $200-$300 Full Sized Can Shootout - Q701, HD598, K550 Last post on 9/11/12 at 6:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
In a bit of a dilemma
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/28/12 at 7:19pm
You'll probably not even get enough isolation from the HD25. When flying I put my giant FA-003 over an IEM, and I can still hear the plane at times. The HE-300 definitely will not do it, but the HD25 may be passable.post #3 of 67/28/12 at 7:54pmpost #4 of 67/28/12 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/28/12 at 8:05pm
- In a bit of a dilemma
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3453 Active Users (635 Members and 2818 Guests)
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2