I'm going to be flying to Stanford on Monday, so speedy replies would be welcome. I was planning on traveling with my Sennheiser HD-25's and a RoCoo for the source. I'm now second guessing myself and am considering bringing my Hifiman HE-300's instead since they sound better. Would the airplane drown out the music so much that it would be better to just bring the HD-25's?
Related Forum Threads
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Rock/Metal around $200 dollars Last post on 9/15/12 at 8:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My $200-$300 Full Sized Can Shootout - Q701, HD598, K550 Last post on 9/11/12 at 6:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
In a bit of a dilemma
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/28/12 at 7:19pm
You'll probably not even get enough isolation from the HD25. When flying I put my giant FA-003 over an IEM, and I can still hear the plane at times. The HE-300 definitely will not do it, but the HD25 may be passable.post #3 of 67/28/12 at 7:54pmpost #4 of 67/28/12 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/28/12 at 8:05pm
- In a bit of a dilemma
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3529 Active Users (666 Members and 2863 Guests)
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 23 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › mullard ECC 32 tube 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade for m50's under £500 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › No balanced! WHY?!! 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE500 3 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 vs Takstar Pro 80 4 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2