I'm going to be flying to Stanford on Monday, so speedy replies would be welcome. I was planning on traveling with my Sennheiser HD-25's and a RoCoo for the source. I'm now second guessing myself and am considering bringing my Hifiman HE-300's instead since they sound better. Would the airplane drown out the music so much that it would be better to just bring the HD-25's?
Related Forum Threads
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Rock/Metal around $200 dollars Last post on 9/15/12 at 8:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My $200-$300 Full Sized Can Shootout - Q701, HD598, K550 Last post on 9/11/12 at 6:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
In a bit of a dilemma
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/28/12 at 7:19pm
You'll probably not even get enough isolation from the HD25. When flying I put my giant FA-003 over an IEM, and I can still hear the plane at times. The HE-300 definitely will not do it, but the HD25 may be passable.post #3 of 67/28/12 at 7:54pmpost #4 of 67/28/12 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/28/12 at 8:05pm
- In a bit of a dilemma
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3085 Active Users (430 Members and 2655 Guests)
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 16 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 20 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Wyred4Sound DAC-2 [UK, EU] 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)