I'm going to be flying to Stanford on Monday, so speedy replies would be welcome. I was planning on traveling with my Sennheiser HD-25's and a RoCoo for the source. I'm now second guessing myself and am considering bringing my Hifiman HE-300's instead since they sound better. Would the airplane drown out the music so much that it would be better to just bring the HD-25's?
Related Forum Threads
- This time, one pair for $300-$350 Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Rock/Metal around $200 dollars Last post on 9/15/12 at 8:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My $200-$300 Full Sized Can Shootout - Q701, HD598, K550 Last post on 9/11/12 at 6:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for my perfect set of cans Last post on 8/8/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
In a bit of a dilemma
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 67/28/12 at 7:19pm
You'll probably not even get enough isolation from the HD25. When flying I put my giant FA-003 over an IEM, and I can still hear the plane at times. The HE-300 definitely will not do it, but the HD25 may be passable.post #3 of 67/28/12 at 7:54pmpost #4 of 67/28/12 at 7:58pmThread Starterpost #5 of 67/28/12 at 8:05pm
- In a bit of a dilemma
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 2701 Active Users (507 Members and 2194 Guests)
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX phones with... 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 Review by mark2410 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Ok to keep a USB powered DAC always plugged into the computer? 5 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 6 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)