Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. - Page 166

post #2476 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWagon View Post

This may be a dumb question but do the batteries in amps drain when the amp is left on with no music playing through it?

 

Yes, although slower

post #2477 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
 

 

My Beyer DT880 are warmer sounding than my Q701.  (in my opinion! subject to revision!)

The ear pads are quite fuzzy, so I consider them the warm and fuzzy headphone. (in my opinion! subject to revision!)

 

My Avatar is explained in my personal profile as is my opinion on Monica Bellucci.

But does Monica Bellucci love EE's that love little polar bears?

post #2478 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

How about "cuddly"?
I adore cuddly! But I don't think cuddly, warm, or cold are good sound descriptors, what's worse is that people use them in a VERY general sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

That explains your Avatar.
Can a HP be warm and fuzzy at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWagon View Post

This may be a dumb question but do the batteries in amps drain when the amp is left on with no music playing through it?
The very fact that you are seeking knowledge means it isn't a stupid question.

Answer: yes, the batteries drain when the amp is turned on without music playing or connected to an audio source. In fact, at a very slow rate, all rechargeable batteries drain over time even when devices are turned off (like my AA rechargeables, they drain over a couple weeks just sitting on the counter).
post #2479 of 3250
I am really a newbie and do not understand the debate above... Sensitivity vs impedence, I know it a little, but I have a question, does battery level of portable amp affect the sound quality? i know it when the sound changes when my amp is about to die.
post #2480 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSennheiser View Post

I am really a newbie and do not understand the debate above... Sensitivity vs impedence, I know it a little, but I have a question, does battery level of portable amp affect the sound quality? i know it when the sound changes when my amp is about to die.

Only when the level goes below what the amp is designed for, unless it is improperly designed. Batteries have a discharge curve and the design should be able to account for that. Many components, like opamps have a generous operating range but when the battery goes, generally it does so quickly and it's internal resistance goes up.

Take a peek at curves and info at the below links:

http://www.powerstream.com/AA-tests.htm

http://www.ti.com/lit/an/snva533/snva533.pdf


Edited by StanD - 10/28/13 at 10:40pm
post #2481 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSennheiser View Post

I am really a newbie............ I have a question, does battery level of portable amp affect the sound quality? i know it when the sound changes when my amp is about to die.

Practically speaking, no.
I certainly can't hear the difference between 80% of battery charge remaining and 20% remaining.

Anybody else?
post #2482 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

Only when the level goes below what the amp is designed for, unless it is improperly designed. Batteries have a discharge curve and the design should be able to account for that. Many components, like opamps have a generous operating range but when the battery goes, generally it does so quickly and it's internal resistance goes up.
Take a peek at curves and info at the below links:
http://www.powerstream.com/AA-tests.htm
http://www.ti.com/lit/an/snva533/snva533.pdf

You're hardcore, thx appreciated!
post #2483 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


Practically speaking, no.
I certainly can't hear the difference between 80% of battery charge remaining and 20% remaining.

Anybody else?

Sounds good to me. The actual voltage difference between what is 80% and 20% battery remaining shouldn't be much and any affect it has on Vp-p should be too slight to notice, unless you're using a volt meter - lol.

post #2484 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

But does Monica Bellucci love EE's that love little polar bears?

 

Probably not.

 

Oh well.

One more thing on my bucket list that will never happen.

post #2485 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
 

 

Probably not.

 

Oh well.

One more thing on my bucket list that will never happen.

You give up too easily. :D

post #2486 of 3250

think so, I think on the E11, the settings are 2.5x and 4.5x, a 5.1 dB difference.  Something lower than 2.5x would help IEM users.  

hDDnd7

post #2487 of 3250

I'm confused by bass boost description of the FIIO website. It says 5dB at 100Hz, but the graph on the same page tells a different story:

Can you please update the graph with v2 measurements?

post #2488 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

I'm confused by bass boost description of the FIIO website. It says 5dB at 100Hz, but the graph on the same page tells a different story:

Can you please update the graph with v2 measurements?

That is definitely the original v1 version.  Here's a graph of the production version (quoted from a past post):

 

http://www.jensign.com/FiiOE17/BodePlots/

 

The bass boost starts in the midrange, peaks at 50Hz and rolls off below that. 

post #2489 of 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman7 View Post
 

That is definitely the original v1 version.  Here's a graph of the production version (quoted from a past post):

 

http://www.jensign.com/FiiOE17/BodePlots/

 

The bass boost starts in the midrange, peaks at 50Hz and rolls off below that. 

 

Peak at 50hz was supposed to be the V1...

post #2490 of 3250
V1 peaks at 20Hz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread.