Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111) - Page 22

post #316 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

For me that is the beauty of the F111, sounding great with normal sources. Actually I did not feel it scaled up significantly to justify using the DX100 I had with me when I auditioned it. I listened with a Galaxy S3 at the time

I am really pleased with this, I wonder if their upcoming iem is going to be the same.
post #317 of 840
Thread Starter 

Have updated the first post of this thread and added HeroicPenguin's review & comparisons to other IEMs, as well as some impressions by Omphalopsychite

If anyone else knows of other reviews or in-depth impressions, please PM me or post a link in this thread and I'll add them to the first post.

post #318 of 840

Here is a quick impression:

 

 

ER4S in terms of durability and noise isolation will still win over the professional folks. Having said that F111 wins over how good it sounds right out of any ordinary DAPs. It soundstage is alot wider than ER4S which I suspect is due to a shorter insertion which results in sound wave reflecting inside the ear canal differently hence given the impression of a wider soundstage.

F111 built is nice and it can stand regular use but it is not something that you can simply put in your pocket and don't not worry about destroying it. The version I have is the new updated one with mat black finish.

 

F111 has a better bass than ER4S. Its quantity is more than ER4S (amped using O2) and less than ACS T15, its quality is on par with ER4S. Very tight and enough impact and it is bass is very netural. Sorry there is no sub-bass in this, I will test some 4-5 herts tonne later but simply put do not expect any balance amature to push air the same way a dynamic driver does. Even the cheapest dynamic driver can produce a better impact than some of the the IEM priced at 400-600 dollars.

 

To my ears the F111 are very neutral, and revealing. I say this with a positive tone as they are not the kind of IEM that will allow you to know  if you are listening to a lossless version or a lossy format however they are revealing enough to tell pick up things which are once subtle to you using your other IEM. 

For example I have a number of professionally done vinyl rips which have the traditional vinyl click and noises which most of my headphone and IEM do not pick up but F111 does that right out of the downgraded 24/48 ALAC file (original file is 24/192 flac).

 

I will be doing my regular listening track list and produce a more indepth review. I cannot pin-point right now what type of music are they best suitable for but I know for trance music they might not have the bass impact that one likes to get for such kind of music. 

 

NOTE: One thing that I was a little disappointed is that I wanted more sparkle on the treble. I say this as the R-1L I have has a much better treble sparkle. But than again F111 has a much more cleaner mid and better bass both in quality and quantity where as R-1L has better treble and an average mid-range and  below average bass performance.


Edited by audionewbi - 5/8/13 at 12:52am
post #319 of 840
Thread Starter 

^^   I've added your initial impressions to the first post of the thread.

post #320 of 840

Thanks for the impressions audionewbi.

 

How does the frequency response of the F111 compare with the ER4s? Does it have the same 2.5khz peak? Would you consider it completely neutral?

post #321 of 840

Ofcourse nothing is ever completely neutral however they are marvelously balanced to my ears. Early impression, without doing any particular testing for sibilant, F111 sounds more open than ER4S, with clean midrange and high frequancy meaning my ears does not detect any obvious peaks. Having said that I need to listen to ER4S again. The only thing that I can always remember from ER4S is its narrow soundstage and its lack of bass (even when amped) are the two thing which what F111 has over the ER4S. 

The F111 provides adequate bass that one needs for classical and jazz music however its quantity might not be enough to make it suitable for the modern music. 

In a nut shell if you enjoy the sound of ER4S than listening to F111 will be an easy and satisfying transition as the changes is easy as the sound signature change will not annoy your ears (the problem that I had when I first purchased the CK100pro) however the sound signature based on the short time I have with this is not an exact clone of ER4S in its stock format with amping. 

 

I think F111 was designed out of what ER4S was but it is not a clone, it has its own sound character which to me is welcoming. The other major reason beside the price was ' Do I really need an easy to driver ER4S considering how I have amps which solves the ER4S amping issue?'. I can say I am glad F111 is not an exact clone. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zowki View Post

Thanks for the impressions audionewbi.

 

How does the frequency response of the F111 compare with the ER4s? Does it have the same 2.5khz peak? Would you consider it completely neutral?


Edited by audionewbi - 5/8/13 at 2:36am
post #322 of 840

A comment on whether I can recommend this to other: Would I recommend this to others? Sure but I will do so by first telling them the price tag.

Every one who is in this thread are very much are aware on how much the F111 cost and if the cost was a factor for them they will not be reading this.

 

However if my little cousin came and asked me 'hey I want to get into this world, I have 600 dollars help me get started.' I will not recommend this to them simply because F111 requires (as much as I hate to use this word as it makes me look like a ****** bag) a certain level of experience across other IEM in order for them to appreciate the F111 for what they are. There is nothing about them which sings hey I am a 600 dollar product. They arrive in a cheap 2 dollar carry case which provides no protection for them. They have a plastic finish to them with a below average cable which uses metallic wire to stay on your ear.

There are frankly better gears for a beginner to use. 

It takes long listening session, fatiguing IEM, over-bassy and muddy IEM, IEM which probes your year canal for one to appreciate what F111 is about. I have had the F111 continously in my ear for 4 hours and my ears do not ache. Yes I do feel I am wearing an IEM however they are so light and designed that it does not provide any pressure or feeling which make you want to take them off. 

 

Hope that explains. 

post #323 of 840

Most of people still using cable 003?

post #324 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVEBL View Post

Most of people still using cable 003?
Can anyone explain the diff between 003 001 000? Is there a 002? Don't recap ever reading about a 2.
post #325 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Can anyone explain the diff between 003 001 000? Is there a 002? Don't recap ever reading about a 2.

There is 002. It's basically 003 cable, but instead of L-plug 002 cable comes with straight plug similar to 000 and 001.

post #326 of 840
Any news about new model?

"In 1-2 weeks, there will be new model of FitEar available, it's called FitEar Parette. It's successor model of F111."
post #327 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

A comment on whether I can recommend this to other: Would I recommend this to others? Sure but I will do so by first telling them the price tag.

Every one who is in this thread are very much are aware on how much the F111 cost and if the cost was a factor for them they will not be reading this.

 

However if my little cousin came and asked me 'hey I want to get into this world, I have 600 dollars help me get started.' I will not recommend this to them simply because F111 requires (as much as I hate to use this word as it makes me look like a ****** bag) a certain level of experience across other IEM in order for them to appreciate the F111 for what they are. There is nothing about them which sings hey I am a 600 dollar product. They arrive in a cheap 2 dollar carry case which provides no protection for them. They have a plastic finish to them with a below average cable which uses metallic wire to stay on your ear.

There are frankly better gears for a beginner to use. 

It takes long listening session, fatiguing IEM, over-bassy and muddy IEM, IEM which probes your year canal for one to appreciate what F111 is about. I have had the F111 continously in my ear for 4 hours and my ears do not ache. Yes I do feel I am wearing an IEM however they are so light and designed that it does not provide any pressure or feeling which make you want to take them off. 

 

Hope that explains. 

 

I agree that the F111 should not be a first IEM, as it really doesn't stand out in any frequencies. It doesn't impress initially, but it's hard to go back to other things once you've heard the F111. You don't know what it's really doing better until you hear worse options.

 

I do disagree about the build though. The build is rock-solid with metal and acrylic parts and the cable is great. It does feel like a $500 product. The only thing is I dislike the new matte faceplates, which do feel somewhat cheap.

post #328 of 840

No dont get me wrong, there is no obvious cosmetic flaw to this IEM, everything looks top notch however it is not something that you can place in your pocket and not to worry about it. The housing looks alot more fragile compared to ER4S and it simply cannot take the same amount of abuse as the ER4S. 

I have had the ER4S we I think over 8-10 years (it is the really old model so I do not know how long it was produced) and I have abused this IEM a lot. 
Also for a 595 IEM I would have appreciated a better set of storage, I do not appreciate the cheap pouch they are providing with this IEM. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin View Post

I do disagree about the build though. The build is rock-solid with metal and acrylic parts and the cable is great. It does feel like a $500 product. The only thing is I dislike the new matte faceplates, which do feel somewhat cheap.

post #329 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

No dont get me wrong, there is no obvious cosmetic flaw to this IEM, everything looks top notch however it is not something that you can place in your pocket and not to worry about it. The housing looks alot more fragile compared to ER4S and it simply cannot take the same amount of abuse as the ER4S. 

I have had the ER4S we I think over 8-10 years (it is the really old model so I do not know how long it was produced) and I have abused this IEM a lot. 
Also for a 595 IEM I would have appreciated a better set of storage, I do not appreciate the cheap pouch they are providing with this IEM. 

 

Yes, I too hate the pouch. I personally have used a UE crush-proof tin for the last 3 years for all my IEMs. They're small and really durable. Expensive at $30, but they are perfect for IEMs.

post #330 of 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLung View Post

Any news about new model?

"In 1-2 weeks, there will be new model of FitEar available, it's called FitEar Parette. It's successor model of F111."

Nothing so far except this : http://fitear.jp/music/sp/parterre.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO! 111)