For me, it's clear as daylight, are the SR325 brighter than other Grados?, YES, are they too bright?, YES and NO, obviously the answer to that question will be different depending on who you ask. And the reason that the answer will vary are the same not only for headphones, but for every audio components. Upstream equipment, hearing acuity, musical preferences, and, last but not least, personal tastes, are all contributing factors that together will either work for you, or not.
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/3/12
- productCambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plustagged by System, 7/6/12
- brandGradotagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productHeadAmp GS-X Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 7/3/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 7/3/12More
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productPhiaton PS 500 Premium Headphones With Studio Grade 40mm Titanium Drivers and Closed-Ear Type Rear Enclosure For Concert Hall Quality Soundtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Differences between Grado models Last post on 12/14/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another Grado thread, please help me choose one! Last post on 7/7/12 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- first time Last post on 7/2/12 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Considering Upgrading Grado 225i to PS500 - Need Opinions Last post on 6/25/12 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
I am really disappointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this. My AKG K420 sounds much better, with much more detail. These cans are...
This is a review of the LZ A4 IEM’s. First of all I’d like to thank LZ for sending me a review sample of the LZ A4. The retail price of the LA A4 is $195. The LZ A4 is available from both AK Audio...
Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500 - Page 4post #46 of 4711/22/13 at 4:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 4712/15/13 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by threedeenut
I am here to simply be maybe the odd guy out throwing in my 2 cents. For me the SR325i's are simply amazing. Maybe im not the best person on the subject as I have not had the budget to buy better but honestly I cant imagine anything better. People always say the 325's are harsh and hard to listen to, but I have had mine for many a year now (8 or so) and think the same as I have always thought... they are awesome, amazing, fantastic and wonderful. As for shrill I just don't get it. They do pronounce the bright hyperactive quality but shrill is hardly a word id use to describe their sound. Instead I would use lively and engaging (isn't that a good thing?). As for depth, when bass lines hit, I find them to be EXTREMELY deep. Deeper than any set i've ever tried before or since. What I like most of all is it seems they not only go super deep, but they also prove to hold it together crisp and clean and not at all flappy. I remember when got the grados I was using some high end Bose headphones I had gotten... obviously there was little to compare quality wise, but I do remember the bass being both lower (deeper), louder and more clean by miles than the Bose. I remember how distinctive the high's were even when the bass was deep and low simultaneously. The bose would seemingly shatter whatever hi's were happening while the bass was hitting.
I like to listen to all sorts of music and have never had an unpleasant experience with my Grados. So I guess what I am asking is what do you guys mean by "shrill". Am I missing something? Do my ears not work right? Did everyone here saying they are shrill give them ample time to burn in? I'd love to understand what it is I don't understand because for me, the SR325is are the pinnacle of awesome audio.
Personally I love my SR325i's... Why do people love to hate on em?
Probably because the return in sound quality is (in my opinion) not justifiable for the increase in price over the SR225/SR225i.
- Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex THX00 Mahogany + ZMF Ori pads + Detachable Cable Mod By... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 2 minutes ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 3 minutes ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear