For me, it's clear as daylight, are the SR325 brighter than other Grados?, YES, are they too bright?, YES and NO, obviously the answer to that question will be different depending on who you ask. And the reason that the answer will vary are the same not only for headphones, but for every audio components. Upstream equipment, hearing acuity, musical preferences, and, last but not least, personal tastes, are all contributing factors that together will either work for you, or not.
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 7/3/12
- productCambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plustagged by System, 7/6/12
- brandGradotagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado Professional Series PS500 - Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productHeadAmp GS-X Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 7/3/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 7/3/12More
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/3/12
- productPhiaton PS 500 Premium Headphones With Studio Grade 40mm Titanium Drivers and Closed-Ear Type Rear Enclosure For Concert Hall Quality Soundtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 7/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Question For All "GradoHolics" Last post on 7/20/12 at 7:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Differences between Grado models Last post on 12/14/13 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another Grado thread, please help me choose one! Last post on 7/7/12 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- first time Last post on 7/2/12 at 8:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Considering Upgrading Grado 225i to PS500 - Need Opinions Last post on 6/25/12 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500 - Page 4post #46 of 4711/22/13 at 4:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 4712/15/13 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by threedeenut
I am here to simply be maybe the odd guy out throwing in my 2 cents. For me the SR325i's are simply amazing. Maybe im not the best person on the subject as I have not had the budget to buy better but honestly I cant imagine anything better. People always say the 325's are harsh and hard to listen to, but I have had mine for many a year now (8 or so) and think the same as I have always thought... they are awesome, amazing, fantastic and wonderful. As for shrill I just don't get it. They do pronounce the bright hyperactive quality but shrill is hardly a word id use to describe their sound. Instead I would use lively and engaging (isn't that a good thing?). As for depth, when bass lines hit, I find them to be EXTREMELY deep. Deeper than any set i've ever tried before or since. What I like most of all is it seems they not only go super deep, but they also prove to hold it together crisp and clean and not at all flappy. I remember when got the grados I was using some high end Bose headphones I had gotten... obviously there was little to compare quality wise, but I do remember the bass being both lower (deeper), louder and more clean by miles than the Bose. I remember how distinctive the high's were even when the bass was deep and low simultaneously. The bose would seemingly shatter whatever hi's were happening while the bass was hitting.
I like to listen to all sorts of music and have never had an unpleasant experience with my Grados. So I guess what I am asking is what do you guys mean by "shrill". Am I missing something? Do my ears not work right? Did everyone here saying they are shrill give them ample time to burn in? I'd love to understand what it is I don't understand because for me, the SR325is are the pinnacle of awesome audio.
Personally I love my SR325i's... Why do people love to hate on em?
Probably because the return in sound quality is (in my opinion) not justifiable for the increase in price over the SR225/SR225i.
- Grado Sr325is vs RS2i vs PS500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GH2 headphone at TTVJAudio.com 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear