I just received delivery of this player and I'm trying to get it to play HD (24 Bit) wav and flac files without success. I was under the impression that this was a HD audio player. Does anyone else know about this player, and is it supposed to play HD audio? I can't seem to find the manufacturer's website anywhere.
Related Forum Threads
- What portable players do wifi? Last post on 8/30/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- CK4 vs hm601 vs Rocoo D vs Colorful C3 Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Source Gear
- Recommend me a player with a big stonking HDD Last post on 7/21/12 at 5:47am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Edited on 12/28/12
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
IHIFI-812V2 WM8740 24bit/192KHz DAP
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
here is one site in chinese (use google chrome browser to use the translate function).
of interest to you (translation may not be 100% accurate)
from a brief reading it seems it advertises as 24/192 but only does 44.1?
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 6/29/12 at 10:05pm
Thanks ExpatinJapan- I did see that website. I actually feel cheated. What's the point of having a 24/192 dac if you can only play 16/44 files? The Colorfly players have similar specs and description, and they support HD files.
dodgy, theyve just called it a 192kHz dac, but while yes it is capable, the rest of the player and software isnt. just about any dac these days is capable of 192kHz the ones in the ipod are, but the receiver and software limit it
- IHIFI-812V2 WM8740 24bit/192KHz DAP
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 17 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 40 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › Need help with some new Headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › IEM for Sr-71B? for around $400 3 minutes ago
- › [Update] Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo (CLAS) -db + ALO Rx MK3-B 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 6 minutes ago
- › Should I buy ipod video 5gen? 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Asia Global Energy Solutions: Trash To Cash:... by henriclaugi4
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe