I have a windows xp system. I have used the Exact Audio Copy software to create flac files from my cds. When I hook up the usb cable to transfer these files to the 602 or use a memory card to transfer the files to the 602 nothing happens. The 602 will not accept the files, the screen says "No File". What exactly do I have to do to get my computer to work with the 602? I have not been able to get any information or figure this problem out. Hifiman techs have been no help and there is nothing on Google I have found yet. I have been able to play these files on Mediamonkey. I can't believe somebody else has not run into this problem, but if they have, there is no record on the internet. Please help.
Related Forum Threads
- Any great portable digital players?Just got SONY EX1000, but also got frustrated. Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod touch first generation upgrade Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 601 vs 602 Last post on 8/21/12 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
- help me chose between Hisound Studio V vs Hifiman 602 slim pair with Yuin G1a? Last post on 7/16/12 at 10:25am in Portable Source Gear
- $350-$400 budget for gears Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Hifiman 602 will not recognize flac files ( # 2 thread)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have spent the last month scouring the net for information on how to solve this problem, returning the 602 and buying a Colorfly C4k (for half the price of the 602). I finally tryed something simple I had read about elsewhere on similar forums and it worked. The reason the flac files will not transfer is the file extension is too long by one letter. All you have to do after you create the flac file is to rename the file and delete the c on the end of .flac making it .fla. This worked on the C4k and probably would have worked on the 602. Flac files take up more space but sound a lot better than mp3 files. Give it a try if your player will accept flac music files.
- Hifiman 602 will not recognize flac files ( # 2 thread)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 13 seconds ago
- › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV 28 seconds ago
- › Which new Headphones? 45 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 54 seconds ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › RE262 broke, looking to replace with Vsonic GR07 3 minutes ago
- › Preselling H-100J from T-PEOS ( until Dec.22.2013 ) 3 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe