I have a windows xp system. I have used the Exact Audio Copy software to create flac files from my cds. When I hook up the usb cable to transfer these files to the 602 or use a memory card to transfer the files to the 602 nothing happens. The 602 will not accept the files, the screen says "No File". What exactly do I have to do to get my computer to work with the 602? I have not been able to get any information or figure this problem out. Hifiman techs have been no help and there is nothing on Google I have found yet. I have been able to play these files on Mediamonkey. I can't believe somebody else has not run into this problem, but if they have, there is no record on the internet. Please help.
Related Forum Threads
- Any great portable digital players?Just got SONY EX1000, but also got frustrated. Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPod touch first generation upgrade Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 601 vs 602 Last post on 8/21/12 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
- help me chose between Hisound Studio V vs Hifiman 602 slim pair with Yuin G1a? Last post on 7/16/12 at 10:25am in Portable Source Gear
- $350-$400 budget for gears Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
Hifiman 602 will not recognize flac files ( # 2 thread)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have spent the last month scouring the net for information on how to solve this problem, returning the 602 and buying a Colorfly C4k (for half the price of the 602). I finally tryed something simple I had read about elsewhere on similar forums and it worked. The reason the flac files will not transfer is the file extension is too long by one letter. All you have to do after you create the flac file is to rename the file and delete the c on the end of .flac making it .fla. This worked on the C4k and probably would have worked on the 602. Flac files take up more space but sound a lot better than mp3 files. Give it a try if your player will accept flac music files.
- Hifiman 602 will not recognize flac files ( # 2 thread)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) 1 minute ago
- › Why do CDs sound better than loss less audio files? 1 minute ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › Norse Audio: Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Continued headphone breakage. 3 minutes ago
- › Dual O2-Inspired, SMT Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Is 24/96 PCM better than 64x DSD? 3 minutes ago
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe