MEElec has always been known for having some of the best bang-for-buck IEMs in the market and when I read about the A161P, I was intrigued. Thanks to Mike @ MEElec, I got the opportunity to listen to the A161P myself and was blown away by the sound. Here are couple sheets of information from MEElec below.
Driver Type: Balanced Armature
Packaging & Accessories
As you can see from the pics below, the packaging is quite nice. It actually looks like a mini version of the Monster Turbine Pro packaging and comes with almost as much accessories. Included are 6 pairs of silicone eartips, cable guides, a shirt clip, TRRS adaptor, headset to PC adaptor, and a clamshell zipper case.
Fit & Appearance
The A161P is one comfy IEM and I could wear it all day with no problems at all. The fit is deep and isolation is also very good. The small housing definitely contributes to the comfortable fit and good isolation. It also is a pretty good looking piece with its black and gold scheme with a MEElec logo, nothing too flashy here.
Build & Cable
The A161 is built solid despite being plastic. It feels durable enough to last a long time under normal use. The cable also feels robust/sturdy even though it's on the thin side and has pretty good strain reliefs. No complaints on either end. It also has a convenient remote/mic for use with a mobile phone.
- Treble is crisp and detailed yet never harsh which is a definite plus in my book.
- Midrange is presented well, slightly forward and aggressive/engaging while being very clear.
- Bass goes deep enough with to make it sound just right. It doesn't have the impact like dynamics do but doesn't need it.
- Soundstage is on the average side overall.
- The overall sound reminded me of a more aggressive/engaging/musical A151 or a less in-your-face version of the FXT90.
MEElec once again hit a homer with the A161P, it's the best IEM I've heard in its price range. It has impressed me with everything it brings to the table and it might impress you too. Thanks MEElec for another quality product!