it depends on the PC's sound card, It's not very fine straight from my laptop.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 9/8/14 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 47post #691 of 206111/18/13 at 1:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 206111/18/13 at 2:33pm
Very true. I didn't even like mine much from the dragonfly, unless I put the dac on line-out and ran it to another amp. The Fiio E11 sounded a bit better than the built in amp in the dragonfly. I just received my centrance dacmini today, and boy did that make a difference with these things. Brought them right to life. I suspect that similar to the HD800s, these scale very well depending on source quality and amp quality. Maybe not quite as evident as the HD800s, but I noticed substantial differences running the HD700's between my laptop, rsa shadow (which is quite underpowered for the HD700's), Fiio E11, Dragonfly, and now the DacMini. I am looking forward to the next head-fi meet (but my wallet's not...) to try various DAC's and amps with these cans.post #693 of 206111/18/13 at 2:40pmpost #694 of 206111/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I agree, but sometimes I pair them with “Bifrost Uber > FiiO E12”, they’re magic too.post #695 of 206111/19/13 at 11:37amQuote:
Damn, that's what I wanted to hear ! My E12 should arrive this week. Sooo looking forward on sound difference.post #696 of 206111/19/13 at 11:45amQuote:
Let us know. They also have a good bass boost!post #697 of 206111/19/13 at 12:14pmpost #698 of 206111/19/13 at 12:22pm
That's pretty much what I wanted to know, lol.
I'm not upgrading from my uS until there is something similar sized under $400 that can come close to my favorite combo I've heard yet, my Asgaard and the Music Streamer HD, so I guess the HD700 is a ways off for me yet.
Quote:post #699 of 206111/19/13 at 12:33pm
Wow really? Maybe I should look into a portable amp to pair with the microstreamer...something with a bass boost would be nice, the uS is kinda wimpy.
Quote:post #700 of 206111/19/13 at 12:41pmpost #701 of 206111/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #702 of 206111/21/13 at 4:14ampost #703 of 206111/22/13 at 2:38pm
Man these are $649 right now.
I have the Bifrost + Lyr combo with HE-500s.
Trying to give myself reason not to buy these.
I know there are comparisons between the two but does anyone have an updated opinion between the HD700s and HE-500s.post #704 of 206111/22/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.post #705 of 206111/22/13 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by JeffA
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for your impressions.
I just picked up the HD700 for a total of $733 CAD brand new.
Is on sale at razordog for $649 but I would have to pay for shipping and customs.
Price matched at NCIX to avoid shipping costs and will pick up in store.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 seconds ago
- › Mint ADL Furutech X1 24/192 iDevice USB DAC Amplifier Free Shipping... 43 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 56 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Mint ADL Furutech X1 24/192 iDevice USB DAC Amplifier Free Shipping... 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)