it depends on the PC's sound card, It's not very fine straight from my laptop.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 7/21/14 at 11:14am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 5/27/14 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 47post #691 of 182211/18/13 at 1:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 182211/18/13 at 2:33pm
Very true. I didn't even like mine much from the dragonfly, unless I put the dac on line-out and ran it to another amp. The Fiio E11 sounded a bit better than the built in amp in the dragonfly. I just received my centrance dacmini today, and boy did that make a difference with these things. Brought them right to life. I suspect that similar to the HD800s, these scale very well depending on source quality and amp quality. Maybe not quite as evident as the HD800s, but I noticed substantial differences running the HD700's between my laptop, rsa shadow (which is quite underpowered for the HD700's), Fiio E11, Dragonfly, and now the DacMini. I am looking forward to the next head-fi meet (but my wallet's not...) to try various DAC's and amps with these cans.post #693 of 182211/18/13 at 2:40pmpost #694 of 182211/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I agree, but sometimes I pair them with “Bifrost Uber > FiiO E12”, they’re magic too.post #695 of 182211/19/13 at 11:37amQuote:
Damn, that's what I wanted to hear ! My E12 should arrive this week. Sooo looking forward on sound difference.post #696 of 182211/19/13 at 11:45amQuote:
Let us know. They also have a good bass boost!post #697 of 182211/19/13 at 12:14pmpost #698 of 182211/19/13 at 12:22pm
That's pretty much what I wanted to know, lol.
I'm not upgrading from my uS until there is something similar sized under $400 that can come close to my favorite combo I've heard yet, my Asgaard and the Music Streamer HD, so I guess the HD700 is a ways off for me yet.
Quote:post #699 of 182211/19/13 at 12:33pm
Wow really? Maybe I should look into a portable amp to pair with the microstreamer...something with a bass boost would be nice, the uS is kinda wimpy.
Quote:post #700 of 182211/19/13 at 12:41pmpost #701 of 182211/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #702 of 182211/21/13 at 4:14ampost #703 of 182211/22/13 at 2:38pm
Man these are $649 right now.
I have the Bifrost + Lyr combo with HE-500s.
Trying to give myself reason not to buy these.
I know there are comparisons between the two but does anyone have an updated opinion between the HD700s and HE-500s.post #704 of 182211/22/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.post #705 of 182211/22/13 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by JeffA
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for your impressions.
I just picked up the HD700 for a total of $733 CAD brand new.
Is on sale at razordog for $649 but I would have to pay for shipping and customs.
Price matched at NCIX to avoid shipping costs and will pick up in store.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 25 seconds ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 24-07-2014 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)