it depends on the PC's sound card, It's not very fine straight from my laptop.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 9/8/14 at 4:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 8/1/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I am really surprised to see so many positive reviews on the DT 770. To my ears, the sound this headphone renders is muffled. To my ears they sound as though someone has placed a heavy cloth over...
I have owned the Ultrasone Pro 750 for approximately 6 years and to say that I am familiar with the sound of this particular headphone would be an immense understatement. As a highly experienced...
So I bought these because I wanted to sleep and I can't sleep with over ear headphones on a window seat since the moment you put pressure on the bands, it goes haywire(the noise...
it take some time to fit these properly one of a kind sound great mids and highs, female vocal is good, male vocal a bit thin. At this price range, you can not get better bass, its the kind of...
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 47post #691 of 220911/18/13 at 1:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 220911/18/13 at 2:33pm
Very true. I didn't even like mine much from the dragonfly, unless I put the dac on line-out and ran it to another amp. The Fiio E11 sounded a bit better than the built in amp in the dragonfly. I just received my centrance dacmini today, and boy did that make a difference with these things. Brought them right to life. I suspect that similar to the HD800s, these scale very well depending on source quality and amp quality. Maybe not quite as evident as the HD800s, but I noticed substantial differences running the HD700's between my laptop, rsa shadow (which is quite underpowered for the HD700's), Fiio E11, Dragonfly, and now the DacMini. I am looking forward to the next head-fi meet (but my wallet's not...) to try various DAC's and amps with these cans.post #693 of 220911/18/13 at 2:40pmpost #694 of 220911/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I agree, but sometimes I pair them with “Bifrost Uber > FiiO E12”, they’re magic too.post #695 of 220911/19/13 at 11:37amQuote:
Damn, that's what I wanted to hear ! My E12 should arrive this week. Sooo looking forward on sound difference.post #696 of 220911/19/13 at 11:45amQuote:
Let us know. They also have a good bass boost!post #697 of 220911/19/13 at 12:14pmpost #698 of 220911/19/13 at 12:22pm
That's pretty much what I wanted to know, lol.
I'm not upgrading from my uS until there is something similar sized under $400 that can come close to my favorite combo I've heard yet, my Asgaard and the Music Streamer HD, so I guess the HD700 is a ways off for me yet.
Quote:post #699 of 220911/19/13 at 12:33pm
Wow really? Maybe I should look into a portable amp to pair with the microstreamer...something with a bass boost would be nice, the uS is kinda wimpy.
Quote:post #700 of 220911/19/13 at 12:41pmpost #701 of 220911/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #702 of 220911/21/13 at 4:14ampost #703 of 220911/22/13 at 2:38pm
Man these are $649 right now.
I have the Bifrost + Lyr combo with HE-500s.
Trying to give myself reason not to buy these.
I know there are comparisons between the two but does anyone have an updated opinion between the HD700s and HE-500s.post #704 of 220911/22/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.post #705 of 220911/22/13 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by JeffA
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for your impressions.
I just picked up the HD700 for a total of $733 CAD brand new.
Is on sale at razordog for $649 but I would have to pay for shipping and customs.
Price matched at NCIX to avoid shipping costs and will pick up in store.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? ( updated on 7/11/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Aune X1 appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 10 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 12 minutes ago
- › Compact Portable Headphone Roundup (16 Phones including PortaPro,... 13 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Peter Pinna
- › Ultrasone PRO 750 by Peter Pinna
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)