it depends on the PC's sound card, It's not very fine straight from my laptop.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 4/10/15 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 47post #691 of 399511/18/13 at 1:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 399511/18/13 at 2:33pm
Very true. I didn't even like mine much from the dragonfly, unless I put the dac on line-out and ran it to another amp. The Fiio E11 sounded a bit better than the built in amp in the dragonfly. I just received my centrance dacmini today, and boy did that make a difference with these things. Brought them right to life. I suspect that similar to the HD800s, these scale very well depending on source quality and amp quality. Maybe not quite as evident as the HD800s, but I noticed substantial differences running the HD700's between my laptop, rsa shadow (which is quite underpowered for the HD700's), Fiio E11, Dragonfly, and now the DacMini. I am looking forward to the next head-fi meet (but my wallet's not...) to try various DAC's and amps with these cans.post #693 of 399511/18/13 at 2:40pmpost #694 of 399511/19/13 at 11:35amQuote:
I agree, but sometimes I pair them with “Bifrost Uber > FiiO E12”, they’re magic too.post #695 of 399511/19/13 at 11:37amQuote:
Damn, that's what I wanted to hear ! My E12 should arrive this week. Sooo looking forward on sound difference.post #696 of 399511/19/13 at 11:45amQuote:
Let us know. They also have a good bass boost!post #697 of 399511/19/13 at 12:14pmpost #698 of 399511/19/13 at 12:22pm
That's pretty much what I wanted to know, lol.
I'm not upgrading from my uS until there is something similar sized under $400 that can come close to my favorite combo I've heard yet, my Asgaard and the Music Streamer HD, so I guess the HD700 is a ways off for me yet.
Quote:post #699 of 399511/19/13 at 12:33pm
Wow really? Maybe I should look into a portable amp to pair with the microstreamer...something with a bass boost would be nice, the uS is kinda wimpy.
Quote:post #700 of 399511/19/13 at 12:41pmpost #701 of 399511/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #702 of 399511/21/13 at 4:14ampost #703 of 399511/22/13 at 2:38pm
Man these are $649 right now.
I have the Bifrost + Lyr combo with HE-500s.
Trying to give myself reason not to buy these.
I know there are comparisons between the two but does anyone have an updated opinion between the HD700s and HE-500s.post #704 of 399511/22/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.post #705 of 399511/22/13 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by JeffA
FWIW: I started out with the HE-500, but decided I wanted to move up the ladder. So I got an HD-800. From the first moment I heard the HD800, I knew I would never listen to the HE-500 again. Now, I am looking for another phone for a secondary system and am auditioning the HD700 (as well as the Audeze X). The 700 comes pretty darn close to the clarity and soundstage I love in the HD800. And it is more comfortable. The HD700 is even giving the X a very strong challenge, and the X is much better than my memory of the 500. I almost didn't even bother with the HD700 because of all the bad noise out there. I'm glad I actually listened to it. Very pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for your impressions.
I just picked up the HD700 for a total of $733 CAD brand new.
Is on sale at razordog for $649 but I would have to pay for shipping and customs.
Price matched at NCIX to avoid shipping costs and will pick up in store.
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Have I been lied to my whole life? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi "Made for Apple" Portable DAC/amp... 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › AC vs. DC umbilical power cord 3 minutes ago
- › Subwoofer Mods & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › New member 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2