Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 264

post #3946 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechans1 View Post
 


Sorry about the delay.  I have not heard the Ocean amp.  I have the Bravo Audio V2 class A 12AU7 multi-hybrid Headphone Amplifier.  It is available for your perusal at www.bravoaudio.com.    It drives the HD 700s I have  easily and pleasantly.  It is clearly not the end all, everything, for the headphone aficionado but the sound quality is impressive, I like it a lot especially for the price paid.  I might have even bought it as a MassDrop "drop" for about $60. I happen to have a fairly large tube collection and am having a good time rolling tubes.

I don't know the Ocean amp, and can only say that the build quality is good on the V2 and the sound is better very good.  These are made in Shenzen, China, I gather because the parent company is Shenzenaudio,  if that matters to you.  I am unsure what your concern regarding the gain is, because the amp I have has a volume control..

 

Thank you for the information you shared. About the gain, while searching I've not seen any amp which has such high fixed gain. Highest I've seen 16dB maybe. That's the reason I concern about. I know close to nothing when it comes to amp so I'm worrying that the high gain could generate noise over headphones or reduce output sound quality.

post #3947 of 3957
A post taken from the deals discussion thread. HD700 is in there! How do I get these to ship to USA!?
post #3948 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayza View Post


A post taken from the deals discussion thread. HD700 is in there! How do I get these to ship to USA!?

 

I'm in the UK and I wouldn't mind forwarding one to you, as long as you do all of the ordering process.

post #3949 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl07pp View Post

I'm in the UK and I wouldn't mind forwarding one to you, as long as you do all of the ordering process.
Remember that it will probably get hit for some import duties as well and postage for such a large heavy item to the US is probably not going to be cheap.
post #3950 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrecedent View Post

Remember that it will probably get hit for some import duties as well and postage for such a large heavy item to the US is probably not going to be cheap.

The safe thing to do would be to fly over to the UK and pick it up in person.
post #3951 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrecedent View Post


Remember that it will probably get hit for some import duties as well and postage for such a large heavy item to the US is probably not going to be cheap.

I'm not sure about the import duties, but the shipping is around £20 for a 5-7 day shipment.

 

Of course, if you go to the UK in person it's a lot easier and safer.

post #3952 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl07pp View Post
 

....

 

Of course, if you go to the UK in person it's a lot easier and safer.

I was just kidding.

post #3953 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlin View Post


The safe thing to do would be to fly over to the UK and pick it up in person.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl07pp View Post
 

I'm not sure about the import duties, but the shipping is around £20 for a 5-7 day shipment.

 

Of course, if you go to the UK in person it's a lot easier and safer.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donlin View Post
 

I was just kidding.

 

I type this from the free wifi provided by the British Airways airbus that I am sitting in first class upon! Only thing is, I don't know anyone in the UK, so I had it shipped to the Buckingham Palace. Hopefully Liz will be kind enough to hold it for me until I arrive.

post #3954 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayza View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

I type this from the free wifi provided by the British Airways airbus that I am sitting in first class upon! Only thing is, I don't know anyone in the UK, so I had it shipped to the Buckingham Palace. Hopefully Liz will be kind enough to hold it for me until I arrive.


Very funny!  Maybe the royal family could join head-fi.

post #3955 of 3957

Hi. I've recently purchased the Sennheiser HD 700. I was going for 650; but it was out of stock and I needed to get it today since I was departing to my home country. Thinking 700 would be better than it's little brother, HD 600 or HD 650, I bought it and it was the most stupid thing I've ever done, since I'm a techno enthusiast and this thing has no bass at all. : ( I wasn't expecting a Bose or Beats bass, pumped up and misguiding. I was looking for the bass I got from my KRK Rokit 8's and I'm so, so disappointed. At least it was on sale and I got them for 570; but it still hurts like hell. Other than that, as a beginner 'audiophile' (I'm still 21), I had no idea headphone amps existed and I am left with low volume both on my smartphone and my laptop when I connect it with an adapter. I know, I know, it's getting worse as I write. Truth be told, the adapter wasn't even golden plated hahaha. So, I guess I found out that I absolutely need a headphone amp for this. I have a Scarlett 2i4 that I use in my home studio; but it's not with me right now so I can't test my HD 700's with it. Do audio interfaces come with headphone amps or does Scarlett 2i4 specifically? If so, will I not need to buy one? I was so happy today and now that problems started popping left and right, I'm pretty much depressed... Can someone who's experienced please guide this young padawan? I'd love to learn. Thank you.

post #3956 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monokrom View Post
 

Hi. I've recently purchased the Sennheiser HD 700. I was going for 650; but it was out of stock and I needed to get it today since I was departing to my home country. Thinking 700 would be better than it's little brother, HD 600 or HD 650, I bought it and it was the most stupid thing I've ever done, since I'm a techno enthusiast and this thing has no bass at all. : ( I wasn't expecting a Bose or Beats bass, pumped up and misguiding. I was looking for the bass I got from my KRK Rokit 8's and I'm so, so disappointed. At least it was on sale and I got them for 570; but it still hurts like hell. Other than that, as a beginner 'audiophile' (I'm still 21), I had no idea headphone amps existed and I am left with low volume both on my smartphone and my laptop when I connect it with an adapter. I know, I know, it's getting worse as I write. Truth be told, the adapter wasn't even golden plated hahaha. So, I guess I found out that I absolutely need a headphone amp for this. I have a Scarlett 2i4 that I use in my home studio; but it's not with me right now so I can't test my HD 700's with it. Do audio interfaces come with headphone amps or does Scarlett 2i4 specifically? If so, will I not need to buy one? I was so happy today and now that problems started popping left and right, I'm pretty much depressed... Can someone who's experienced please guide this young padawan? I'd love to learn. Thank you.

you can get a tube amp for HD700, it will reduce the treble energy on your headphones.

yes, the HD700 is the 50-50 mix of HD650 and HD800 (but i'd say 30-70 because hd650 being really dark compared to 700).

and to the 2i4 having an amp.. I suppose you can look up on this article: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630119/if-i-already-have-an-audio-interface-should-i-get-an-amp-too

I don't have an interface (but i do have a dac, duh), so I can't tell much.

post #3957 of 3957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monokrom View Post
 

Hi. I've recently purchased the Sennheiser HD 700. I was going for 650; but it was out of stock and I needed to get it today since I was departing to my home country. Thinking 700 would be better than it's little brother, HD 600 or HD 650, I bought it and it was the most stupid thing I've ever done, since I'm a techno enthusiast and this thing has no bass at all. : ( I wasn't expecting a Bose or Beats bass, pumped up and misguiding. I was looking for the bass I got from my KRK Rokit 8's and I'm so, so disappointed. At least it was on sale and I got them for 570; but it still hurts like hell. Other than that, as a beginner 'audiophile' (I'm still 21), I had no idea headphone amps existed and I am left with low volume both on my smartphone and my laptop when I connect it with an adapter. I know, I know, it's getting worse as I write. Truth be told, the adapter wasn't even golden plated hahaha. So, I guess I found out that I absolutely need a headphone amp for this. I have a Scarlett 2i4 that I use in my home studio; but it's not with me right now so I can't test my HD 700's with it. Do audio interfaces come with headphone amps or does Scarlett 2i4 specifically? If so, will I not need to buy one? I was so happy today and now that problems started popping left and right, I'm pretty much depressed... Can someone who's experienced please guide this young padawan? I'd love to learn. Thank you.

Hate to say it, but since you want bass, you got the complete wrong headphones for the job. Amping could only do so much, so your only option is to EQ or sell your headphones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread