The Lyr is good but not the best for all headphones except IEMs, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 99post #1471 of 66063/5/14 at 3:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 66063/5/14 at 3:28pmpost #1473 of 66063/5/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
The ALO PanAM sounded incredible with the HD700's. I would recommend upgrading to the Mullard CV4010 tubes though.
They are selling for 499.00 and you can get the upgraded tubes for about 30.00.
Edited by shultzee - 3/5/14 at 6:37pmpost #1474 of 66063/5/14 at 8:46pmQuote:
Were you using the dac too, or are you just commenting on the amp itself?post #1475 of 66063/5/14 at 11:41pmpost #1476 of 66063/5/14 at 11:43pmQuote:
You are terrible. Leave these people alone!
Edit: In all seriousness, considering the price fixing Senn is doing and the condensing of authorized resellers, it's a really great time to grab an HD 800.
Edited by roguegeek - 3/5/14 at 11:51pmpost #1477 of 66063/5/14 at 11:51pm
It's only a matter of time before you will share the same sentiment. I give it 2 months tops.post #1478 of 66063/5/14 at 11:54pmQuote:
Dammit, man. Not converted. Supplemented.post #1479 of 66063/6/14 at 12:03am
Unlike some headphones where you can keep them all because they're different enough, it doesn't work here because the HD800 just does everything the HD700 does but better imo. I'm more fickle/one headphone person than most. I don't touch my HE-500 anymore even though the sound is very different than HD800. We'll see if I can hold onto the K812.
Edited by Sonido - 3/6/14 at 12:14ampost #1480 of 66063/6/14 at 2:52amQuote:
I didn't see anything on their site about 20% off. Where did you see that?post #1481 of 66063/6/14 at 3:28amQuote:
I bought a uber bitfrost dac to try with it and just didn't hear much difference. Ended up selling it and used the panam dac.post #1482 of 66063/6/14 at 6:57ampost #1483 of 66063/6/14 at 12:30pmQuote:
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1484 of 66063/6/14 at 12:57pmQuote:Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.Originally Posted by roguegeek
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1485 of 66063/6/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.
Which Questyle did you grab? This is going to be for use with the K812 and HD 800?
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 7 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 20 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 40 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 41 seconds ago
- › Vorbis over AAC - is it worth making the change ? 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...