The Lyr is good but not the best for all headphones except IEMs, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 11/12/16 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 99post #1471 of 71283/5/14 at 3:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 71283/5/14 at 3:28pmpost #1473 of 71283/5/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
The ALO PanAM sounded incredible with the HD700's. I would recommend upgrading to the Mullard CV4010 tubes though.
They are selling for 499.00 and you can get the upgraded tubes for about 30.00.
Edited by shultzee - 3/5/14 at 6:37pmpost #1474 of 71283/5/14 at 8:46pmQuote:
Were you using the dac too, or are you just commenting on the amp itself?post #1475 of 71283/5/14 at 11:41pmpost #1476 of 71283/5/14 at 11:43pmQuote:
You are terrible. Leave these people alone!
Edit: In all seriousness, considering the price fixing Senn is doing and the condensing of authorized resellers, it's a really great time to grab an HD 800.
Edited by roguegeek - 3/5/14 at 11:51pmpost #1477 of 71283/5/14 at 11:51pm
It's only a matter of time before you will share the same sentiment. I give it 2 months tops.post #1478 of 71283/5/14 at 11:54pmQuote:
Dammit, man. Not converted. Supplemented.post #1479 of 71283/6/14 at 12:03am
Unlike some headphones where you can keep them all because they're different enough, it doesn't work here because the HD800 just does everything the HD700 does but better imo. I'm more fickle/one headphone person than most. I don't touch my HE-500 anymore even though the sound is very different than HD800. We'll see if I can hold onto the K812.
Edited by Sonido - 3/6/14 at 12:14ampost #1480 of 71283/6/14 at 2:52amQuote:
I didn't see anything on their site about 20% off. Where did you see that?post #1481 of 71283/6/14 at 3:28amQuote:
I bought a uber bitfrost dac to try with it and just didn't hear much difference. Ended up selling it and used the panam dac.post #1482 of 71283/6/14 at 6:57ampost #1483 of 71283/6/14 at 12:30pmQuote:
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1484 of 71283/6/14 at 12:57pmQuote:Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.Originally Posted by roguegeek
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1485 of 71283/6/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.
Which Questyle did you grab? This is going to be for use with the K812 and HD 800?
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Windows volume or AMP? 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Im in Singapore for the day - where can I check out headphones etc? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 600 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear