The Lyr is good but not the best for all headphones except IEMs, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 99post #1471 of 65133/5/14 at 3:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 65133/5/14 at 3:28pmpost #1473 of 65133/5/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
The ALO PanAM sounded incredible with the HD700's. I would recommend upgrading to the Mullard CV4010 tubes though.
They are selling for 499.00 and you can get the upgraded tubes for about 30.00.
Edited by shultzee - 3/5/14 at 6:37pmpost #1474 of 65133/5/14 at 8:46pmQuote:
Were you using the dac too, or are you just commenting on the amp itself?post #1475 of 65133/5/14 at 11:41pmpost #1476 of 65133/5/14 at 11:43pmQuote:
You are terrible. Leave these people alone!
Edit: In all seriousness, considering the price fixing Senn is doing and the condensing of authorized resellers, it's a really great time to grab an HD 800.
Edited by roguegeek - 3/5/14 at 11:51pmpost #1477 of 65133/5/14 at 11:51pm
It's only a matter of time before you will share the same sentiment. I give it 2 months tops.post #1478 of 65133/5/14 at 11:54pmQuote:
Dammit, man. Not converted. Supplemented.post #1479 of 65133/6/14 at 12:03am
Unlike some headphones where you can keep them all because they're different enough, it doesn't work here because the HD800 just does everything the HD700 does but better imo. I'm more fickle/one headphone person than most. I don't touch my HE-500 anymore even though the sound is very different than HD800. We'll see if I can hold onto the K812.
Edited by Sonido - 3/6/14 at 12:14ampost #1480 of 65133/6/14 at 2:52amQuote:
I didn't see anything on their site about 20% off. Where did you see that?post #1481 of 65133/6/14 at 3:28amQuote:
I bought a uber bitfrost dac to try with it and just didn't hear much difference. Ended up selling it and used the panam dac.post #1482 of 65133/6/14 at 6:57ampost #1483 of 65133/6/14 at 12:30pmQuote:
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1484 of 65133/6/14 at 12:57pmQuote:Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.Originally Posted by roguegeek
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1485 of 65133/6/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.
Which Questyle did you grab? This is going to be for use with the K812 and HD 800?
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 11 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - October 2016 (date TBD) 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Immersive PC 373D 5 minutes ago
- › Which Headphones For Quiet Gunshots, Loud Footsteps, Comfort,... 5 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...