The Lyr is good but not the best for all headphones except IEMs, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Denon AH C250 - it's like a pretty gold ring that doesn't fit every finger. Yes, it's good. Quite good. Yet the likability is highly dependant on what it's best at and what it...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 99post #1471 of 68473/5/14 at 3:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 68473/5/14 at 3:28pmpost #1473 of 68473/5/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
The ALO PanAM sounded incredible with the HD700's. I would recommend upgrading to the Mullard CV4010 tubes though.
They are selling for 499.00 and you can get the upgraded tubes for about 30.00.
Edited by shultzee - 3/5/14 at 6:37pmpost #1474 of 68473/5/14 at 8:46pmQuote:
Were you using the dac too, or are you just commenting on the amp itself?post #1475 of 68473/5/14 at 11:41pmpost #1476 of 68473/5/14 at 11:43pmQuote:
You are terrible. Leave these people alone!
Edit: In all seriousness, considering the price fixing Senn is doing and the condensing of authorized resellers, it's a really great time to grab an HD 800.
Edited by roguegeek - 3/5/14 at 11:51pmpost #1477 of 68473/5/14 at 11:51pm
It's only a matter of time before you will share the same sentiment. I give it 2 months tops.post #1478 of 68473/5/14 at 11:54pmQuote:
Dammit, man. Not converted. Supplemented.post #1479 of 68473/6/14 at 12:03am
Unlike some headphones where you can keep them all because they're different enough, it doesn't work here because the HD800 just does everything the HD700 does but better imo. I'm more fickle/one headphone person than most. I don't touch my HE-500 anymore even though the sound is very different than HD800. We'll see if I can hold onto the K812.
Edited by Sonido - 3/6/14 at 12:14ampost #1480 of 68473/6/14 at 2:52amQuote:
I didn't see anything on their site about 20% off. Where did you see that?post #1481 of 68473/6/14 at 3:28amQuote:
I bought a uber bitfrost dac to try with it and just didn't hear much difference. Ended up selling it and used the panam dac.post #1482 of 68473/6/14 at 6:57ampost #1483 of 68473/6/14 at 12:30pmQuote:
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1484 of 68473/6/14 at 12:57pmQuote:Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.Originally Posted by roguegeek
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1485 of 68473/6/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.
Which Questyle did you grab? This is going to be for use with the K812 and HD 800?
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 55 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...