The Lyr is good but not the best for all headphones except IEMs, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD700 Listening. Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 4/10/15 at 12:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread - Page 99post #1471 of 43363/5/14 at 3:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1472 of 43363/5/14 at 3:28pmpost #1473 of 43363/5/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
The ALO PanAM sounded incredible with the HD700's. I would recommend upgrading to the Mullard CV4010 tubes though.
They are selling for 499.00 and you can get the upgraded tubes for about 30.00.
Edited by shultzee - 3/5/14 at 6:37pmpost #1474 of 43363/5/14 at 8:46pmQuote:
Were you using the dac too, or are you just commenting on the amp itself?post #1475 of 43363/5/14 at 11:41pmpost #1476 of 43363/5/14 at 11:43pmQuote:
You are terrible. Leave these people alone!
Edit: In all seriousness, considering the price fixing Senn is doing and the condensing of authorized resellers, it's a really great time to grab an HD 800.
Edited by roguegeek - 3/5/14 at 11:51pmpost #1477 of 43363/5/14 at 11:51pm
It's only a matter of time before you will share the same sentiment. I give it 2 months tops.post #1478 of 43363/5/14 at 11:54pmQuote:
Dammit, man. Not converted. Supplemented.post #1479 of 43363/6/14 at 12:03am
Unlike some headphones where you can keep them all because they're different enough, it doesn't work here because the HD800 just does everything the HD700 does but better imo. I'm more fickle/one headphone person than most. I don't touch my HE-500 anymore even though the sound is very different than HD800. We'll see if I can hold onto the K812.
Edited by Sonido - 3/6/14 at 12:14ampost #1480 of 43363/6/14 at 2:52amQuote:
I didn't see anything on their site about 20% off. Where did you see that?post #1481 of 43363/6/14 at 3:28amQuote:
I bought a uber bitfrost dac to try with it and just didn't hear much difference. Ended up selling it and used the panam dac.post #1482 of 43363/6/14 at 6:57ampost #1483 of 43363/6/14 at 12:30pmQuote:
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1484 of 43363/6/14 at 12:57pmQuote:Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.Originally Posted by roguegeek
Honestly, I have a hard time distinguishing differences made by a DAC to a headphone's sonics. Amps, no problem. DACs, a little more difficult. That's why I really only look at objective aspects when talking DACs. I/O ports, upgradeability, bit and sample rates, footprint, etc... Maybe my ears will develop more as I look at synergy with the HD 800, but for now, my Bifrost Uber works great.post #1485 of 43363/6/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
Me neither. But the transparency of both your headphones and amp matters a lot to hear a difference in DACs. Currently, my Bottlehead setup is far from transparent. With my Questyle coming in, it's supposed to be very transparent, along with HD800, so we'll see if I can hear a difference between DACs.
Which Questyle did you grab? This is going to be for use with the K812 and HD 800?
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 35 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 53 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop -AKG K7xx Headphone,Boxed,New-NEVER OPENED 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)