New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

September 16th Vancouver Head-Fi MEET! - Page 20

post #286 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoi14021993 View Post

Speaking of Sennheiser, does anyone have an idea when the Momentum will be available here?

They come to the US during fall, not sure about Canada though...

post #287 of 408
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutnat View Post

 

Oh cool, finally!  What section did you find them in?  Brand or anything else to help identify them would be helpful too if you don't mind.

 

Around where the Band-Aids are. I had to go to the largest Shoppers in my area to find them. Other Shoppers didn't have them. They are called Alcohol Swabs. I think it was the LIFE brand..? idk because I'm at school right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoi14021993 View Post

Shame on me haha. Still I'm so jealous of your equipment list :(

 

Nothing to be jealous about! I wish I had some equipment a lot of members has! Unfortunately I don't have any top-tier equipment to share, but sooner or later I will have enough funds to afford one!

post #288 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

No, I don't think Sennheiser makes loudspeakers either. The towers Shortiefish is thinking of are Definitive Technology Mythos ST powered speakers.

 

http://definitivetech.com/products/mythos-st-system

 

I could've sworn they said Sennheiser on them... oh well, haha

post #289 of 408

Hey guys,

 

I will be attending again this time.  Was planning on bringing FiiO E7/E9, LCD-2s, JH-16s, and Senn HD595s, but my house got broken into a couple days ago and my LCD-2s and FiiO E7 (but not the E9 confused_face.gif) got taken.  Pretty crushed.  Maybe I can try out some new headphones to decide what I want to do if I don't recover my LCD-2s.  As a side note, be on the lookout for a pair of LCD-2s being sold around Vancouver.  If you see anyone sketchy with them, they're probably mine.

post #290 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegli View Post

Hey guys,

 

I will be attending again this time.  Was planning on bringing FiiO E7/E9, LCD-2s, JH-16s, and Senn HD595s, but my house got broken into a couple days ago and my LCD-2s and FiiO E7 (but not the E9 confused_face.gif) got taken.  Pretty crushed.  Maybe I can try out some new headphones to decide what I want to do if I don't recover my LCD-2s.  As a side note, be on the lookout for a pair of LCD-2s being sold around Vancouver.  If you see anyone sketchy with them, they're probably mine.

eek.gif Feel sorry for your loss, really... Did you file a police report?

post #291 of 408

Hi Guys. I've been waiting to post until I knew what I could bring.

So I am going to have some of the stuff I wanted for the meet, but missing some other gear.

 

Here is the list: Headphones: Shure srh1840 / Aud Tech W1000X / Senn HD800 / Senn HD650 / Audeze LCD3 / Grado PS1000 / Grado PS 500 / Hifiman HE500 / Beyer t70p

Earphones: Atomic Floyd Superdarts / Senn IE80 / Vsonic GR07

Source: Computer w/ Schiit Bifrost & Lyr / Vmoda Vamp!! -for all the iPhone guys / JDS labs c421 / Audioquest Dragonfly / hifiman 601

           * update - have a sweet Burson 160D as well!

 

I hope I can get all this stuff there!

It sounds like there will be lots of good gear there and I am sure there will be many combinations to try out, with all the different tables.

Please go light on gear that needs to be plugged in - if you don't need it, don't bring it. Also, charge your stuff Saturday and if you have a good 6-12' extension cable / power bar, please bring it.

 

Drinks (no beer, sorry to say) and snacks are provided, parking is right next to the entrance. If we get to 35-40 people signing up to come, I'd say we're full. The total table count will max out at 16-18 spaces I think.

Please provide your headfi name when you get there and wear a nametag. It is for headfi members only who have signed up on this thread to the organizer - I don't know about everyone else, but I need to feel comfortable that my gear isn't going to get taken and I am most at ease if everyone at the meet is a member who already rvsp'd. I am not keen on drop ins - anyone else's thoughts?

 

Time is 12:00 - 4:30. Please do not be early, you will not get in. Address is 480 Broughton St,  Vancouver. Its right on the water at Coal Harbour.

See you all Sunday!


Edited by Headphoneabuser - 9/13/12 at 11:41pm
post #292 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

 

Nothing to be jealous about! I wish I had some equipment a lot of members has! Unfortunately I don't have any top-tier equipment to share, but sooner or later I will have enough funds to afford one!

Well, that's what we all dream about! But an amp for my W3000ANV? Sounds like a year of savings or so frown.gif

post #293 of 408

I guess members wanting in will have to get through to planx first, forcing them to rsvp. How about members bringing friends? I guess those kinds of drop-ins would be OK, but not random people.

 

Will the Mjolnir still be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphoneabuser View Post

Hi Guys. Travis here. I've been waiting to post until I knew what I could bring.

So I am going to have some of the stuff I wanted for the meet, but missing some other gear.

 

Here is the list: Headphones: Shure srh1840 / Aud Tech W1000X / Senn HD800 / Senn HD650 / Audeze LCD3 / Grado PS1000 / Grado PS 500 / Hifiman HE500 / Beyer t70p

Earphones: Atomic Floyd Superdarts / Senn IE80 / Vsonic GR07

Source: Computer w/ Schiit Bifrost & Lyr / Vmoda Vamp!! -for all the iPhone guys / JDS labs c421 / Audioquest Dragonfly / hifiman 601

 

I hope I can get all this stuff there!

It sounds like there will be lots of good gear there and I am sure there will be many combinations to try out, with all the different tables.

Please go light on gear that needs to be plugged in - if you don't need it, don't bring it. Also, charge your stuff Saturday and if you have a good 6-12' extension cable / power bar, please bring it.

 

Drinks (no beer, sorry to say) and snacks are provided, parking is right next to the entrance. If we get to 35-40 people signing up to come, I'd say we're full. The total table count will max out at 16-18 spaces I think.

Please provide your headfi name when you get there and wear a nametag. It is for headfi members only who have signed up on this thread to the organizer - I don't know about everyone else, but I need to feel comfortable that my gear isn't going to get taken and I am most at ease if everyone at the meet is a member who already rvsp'd. I am not keen on drop ins - anyone else's thoughts?

 

Time is 12:00 - 4:30. Please do not be early, you will not get in. Address is 480 Broughton St,  Vancouver. Its right on the water at Coal Harbour. If you have a question that day you can call my cell # - 604-813-1700.

See you all Sunday!

post #294 of 408
Travis, I am with you on no drop ins. There will be a lot of expensive gear there and if we know who everyone is it will feel much better.. Just totted up the value of my lot and it makes me cringe that I have spent that much! biggrin.gif
post #295 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphoneabuser View Post

Please provide your headfi name when you get there and wear a nametag. It is for headfi members only who have signed up on this thread to the organizer - I don't know about everyone else, but I need to feel comfortable that my gear isn't going to get taken and I am most at ease if everyone at the meet is a member who already rvsp'd. I am not keen on drop ins - anyone else's thoughts?

 

Sounds good to me, I don't see how people could have heard about but through this thread, so everyone might as well RSVP.  I will be bringing my friend Alana along (who came last time), because she quite enjoyed the last one, if that's okay.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

eek.gif Feel sorry for your loss, really... Did you file a police report?


Yep, police came and dusted for fingerprints, etc.  I have the serial number of a lot of my stuff, etc, so it's possible I'll get it back (but not likely).  I guess I should just be happy they didn't take more.  A lot of other stuff was in my room.

post #296 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegli View Post

Sounds good to me, I don't see how people could have heard about but through this thread, so everyone might as well RSVP.  I will be bringing my friend Alana along (who came last time), because she quite enjoyed the last one, if that's okay.



Yep, police came and dusted for fingerprints, etc.  I have the serial number of a lot of my stuff, etc, so it's possible I'll get it back (but not likely).  I guess I should just be happy they didn't take more.  A lot of other stuff was in my room.

Check local pawn shops and Craigslist. Most theives are looking for a quick sale.
post #297 of 408
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cegli View Post

Hey guys,

 

I will be attending again this time.  Was planning on bringing FiiO E7/E9, LCD-2s, JH-16s, and Senn HD595s, but my house got broken into a couple days ago and my LCD-2s and FiiO E7 (but not the E9 confused_face.gif) got taken.  Pretty crushed.  Maybe I can try out some new headphones to decide what I want to do if I don't recover my LCD-2s.  As a side note, be on the lookout for a pair of LCD-2s being sold around Vancouver.  If you see anyone sketchy with them, they're probably mine.

 

Hey that really sucks man... I wouldn't know how to feel on getting my headphones stolen because I haven't yet.. Please do attend and maybe we can introduce you to another solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphoneabuser View Post

Hi Guys. Travis here. I've been waiting to post until I knew what I could bring.

So I am going to have some of the stuff I wanted for the meet, but missing some other gear.

 

Here is the list: Headphones: Shure srh1840 / Aud Tech W1000X / Senn HD800 / Senn HD650 / Audeze LCD3 / Grado PS1000 / Grado PS 500 / Hifiman HE500 / Beyer t70p

Earphones: Atomic Floyd Superdarts / Senn IE80 / Vsonic GR07

Source: Computer w/ Schiit Bifrost & Lyr / Vmoda Vamp!! -for all the iPhone guys / JDS labs c421 / Audioquest Dragonfly / hifiman 601

 

I hope I can get all this stuff there!

It sounds like there will be lots of good gear there and I am sure there will be many combinations to try out, with all the different tables.

Please go light on gear that needs to be plugged in - if you don't need it, don't bring it. Also, charge your stuff Saturday and if you have a good 6-12' extension cable / power bar, please bring it.

 

Drinks (no beer, sorry to say) and snacks are provided, parking is right next to the entrance. If we get to 35-40 people signing up to come, I'd say we're full. The total table count will max out at 16-18 spaces I think.

Please provide your headfi name when you get there and wear a nametag. It is for headfi members only who have signed up on this thread to the organizer - I don't know about everyone else, but I need to feel comfortable that my gear isn't going to get taken and I am most at ease if everyone at the meet is a member who already rvsp'd. I am not keen on drop ins - anyone else's thoughts?

 

Time is 12:00 - 4:30. Please do not be early, you will not get in. Address is 480 Broughton St,  Vancouver. Its right on the water at Coal Harbour. If you have a question that day you can call my cell # - 604-813-1700.

See you all Sunday!

 

Surprise surprise Travis. I end up taking a 3 hour nap and a whole lotta info is shared. I think it's time for me to start an actual headcount of members who RVSPed. I never knew that you could get hold of the SRH1840!!! Super excited to try that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoi14021993 View Post

Well, that's what we all dream about! But an amp for my W3000ANV? Sounds like a year of savings or so frown.gif

 

Hahaha I do have to admit that 60% of my income did go into Headphones and Amps (Student income so not very much).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

I guess members wanting in will have to get through to planx first, forcing them to rsvp. How about members bringing friends? I guess those kinds of drop-ins would be OK, but not random people.

 

Will the Mjolnir still be there?

 

Like I replied to Travis' quote above, I will start an official headcount of people who CONFIRMED either via PM or posting in the thread. However, seeing how some members said yes to the meet early on in the months and how they haven't been active on the thread lately, it will be hard to give an exact number. Members bringing friends should be OK... As long as they post on the thread and lets me know about it.

 

Call him up tomorrow at work? He might not check the thread today or even by late tomorrow.

post #298 of 408
Thread Starter 

ALMOST FORGOT! People who haven't been contributing to this thread, but have been PMing me instead to RVSP, you might not be booked for a table just a FYI and if tables fill up and I don't have you put up on the OP, unfortunately you won't get a table. So let's see more equipment being posted so we have an approximation of table spaces and etc...

post #299 of 408
Thread Starter 

Okay I did a quick headcount and I got 17 total CONFIRMED, including Travis and myself and I got 11 members as a MAYBE at the moment. The 11 members who said maybe are members who either showed a lot of interest in the meet or simply said maybe to me. Also considering how a few members might bring friends, this meet should be more than a success! 

post #300 of 408

Let's list the names of the 28 people, in attending list and maybe list, on the OP, like how other meets do it. It'll be alot easier. And also the gear they are bringing, like you have right now, beside the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

Okay I did a quick headcount and I got 17 total CONFIRMED, including Travis and myself and I got 11 members as a MAYBE at the moment. The 11 members who said maybe are members who either showed a lot of interest in the meet or simply said maybe to me. Also considering how a few members might bring friends, this meet should be more than a success! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: