I agree that stock tips sound excellent. But small size isn't tight enough for me and highs sound fatiguing + bass loses its punch. Medium size sound excellent, but they are a little big for my ears and i feel pain after using 15 mins. :((((
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEMs for less than 100$ Last post on 3/10/13 at 10:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 104
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me it's somewhere between shallow and medium, but definitely doesn't have to be a deep insertion to achieve the best results ;)
I managed somehow to get the sony hybrid tips to fit on my 80's. Out of all the tips I tried, the hybrids gives me the best SQ in bass, mids and highs. The seal I get with these is awesome.
I feel like as this thread goes on, the burn-in times just keep increasing and increasing, we're up to 500 hours now! This is going to be a real challenge to my patience when my 80s come in
Let me know what you think of the hybrids. I really like the sony hybrids for most of my IEM's.
Ha! That post shows them on the fxd80, but not how you got them on lol!
I don't have the sony hybrids any more, but I do have gr07 hybrids, but there is NO way they are getting onto the 70's. I just tried getting the mh1c tips onto the 70's, and that is an exercise in futility as well. I have no idea how you did that.
Edit: I have had luck getting the my1c tips and my eb750 tips on now (by folding back the tip so that the "shaft" or whatever it is called is exposed, and then ramming the 70 into it). So we're on our way testing different tips on the 70's :)
Edit2: Using the eb750 tips, and this is breathing new life into the 70's for me. I didn't really like using the r1 foam tips on them because they didn't stay in very well and they were itchy. But with these eb750 tips, they are staying in deeply, staying in well (over ears though), and seem to be providing a good seal. The sound is very nice and detailed, and seem to have a fair amount of bass (the E12 is helping there). And for some reason, they are not sounding harsh or sibilant like I recall them being without the foam tips. Having said that, I hardly tip rolled at all because I couldn't get any other tips onto them. So this is very cool. I'm thinking that I might have to pull these 70's off of the "for sale" market!
Edited by waynes world - 3/22/13 at 2:31pm
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Christiansen "DG" 300B Amplifier Build Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Good portable player for my XB-1000s 1 minute ago
- › Singapore Meet - Interest Check. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Speaker Owners 6 minutes ago
- › New dude here 6 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe