I agree that stock tips sound excellent. But small size isn't tight enough for me and highs sound fatiguing + bass loses its punch. Medium size sound excellent, but they are a little big for my ears and i feel pain after using 15 mins. :((((
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 104
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1547 of 18913/21/13 at 10:53ampost #1548 of 18913/21/13 at 11:04ampost #1549 of 18913/21/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
For me it's somewhere between shallow and medium, but definitely doesn't have to be a deep insertion to achieve the best results ;)post #1550 of 18913/21/13 at 12:34pmpost #1551 of 18913/21/13 at 3:52pmpost #1552 of 18913/21/13 at 10:24pm
I managed somehow to get the sony hybrid tips to fit on my 80's. Out of all the tips I tried, the hybrids gives me the best SQ in bass, mids and highs. The seal I get with these is awesome.post #1553 of 18913/21/13 at 11:27pmpost #1554 of 18913/22/13 at 7:12amWayne burn in your 70 for 350 more hrs they shine to there full potential then. I just had a listen to my 80 yesterday and I think they finally settled down from being burn in for 500 hrs. And damn do they sound good . Going to try sony hybrid and see what happens.post #1555 of 18913/22/13 at 8:26amQuote:
I feel like as this thread goes on, the burn-in times just keep increasing and increasing, we're up to 500 hours now! This is going to be a real challenge to my patience when my 80s come inpost #1556 of 18913/22/13 at 11:12ampost #1557 of 18913/22/13 at 12:04pmpost #1558 of 18913/22/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Let me know what you think of the hybrids. I really like the sony hybrids for most of my IEM's.post #1559 of 18913/22/13 at 1:55pmpost #1560 of 18913/22/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
Ha! That post shows them on the fxd80, but not how you got them on lol!
I don't have the sony hybrids any more, but I do have gr07 hybrids, but there is NO way they are getting onto the 70's. I just tried getting the mh1c tips onto the 70's, and that is an exercise in futility as well. I have no idea how you did that.
Edit: I have had luck getting the my1c tips and my eb750 tips on now (by folding back the tip so that the "shaft" or whatever it is called is exposed, and then ramming the 70 into it). So we're on our way testing different tips on the 70's :)
Edit2: Using the eb750 tips, and this is breathing new life into the 70's for me. I didn't really like using the r1 foam tips on them because they didn't stay in very well and they were itchy. But with these eb750 tips, they are staying in deeply, staying in well (over ears though), and seem to be providing a good seal. The sound is very nice and detailed, and seem to have a fair amount of bass (the E12 is helping there). And for some reason, they are not sounding harsh or sibilant like I recall them being without the foam tips. Having said that, I hardly tip rolled at all because I couldn't get any other tips onto them. So this is very cool. I'm thinking that I might have to pull these 70's off of the "for sale" market!
Edited by waynes world - 3/22/13 at 2:31pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit LISST Impressions 46 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 56 seconds ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › Which IEM ~170$ to replace broken Vsonic GR07 (EDM lover) :) 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2