I agree that stock tips sound excellent. But small size isn't tight enough for me and highs sound fatiguing + bass loses its punch. Medium size sound excellent, but they are a little big for my ears and i feel pain after using 15 mins. :((((
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 104
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1547 of 19273/21/13 at 10:53ampost #1548 of 19273/21/13 at 11:04ampost #1549 of 19273/21/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
For me it's somewhere between shallow and medium, but definitely doesn't have to be a deep insertion to achieve the best results ;)post #1550 of 19273/21/13 at 12:34pmpost #1551 of 19273/21/13 at 3:52pmpost #1552 of 19273/21/13 at 10:24pm
I managed somehow to get the sony hybrid tips to fit on my 80's. Out of all the tips I tried, the hybrids gives me the best SQ in bass, mids and highs. The seal I get with these is awesome.post #1553 of 19273/21/13 at 11:27pmpost #1554 of 19273/22/13 at 7:12amWayne burn in your 70 for 350 more hrs they shine to there full potential then. I just had a listen to my 80 yesterday and I think they finally settled down from being burn in for 500 hrs. And damn do they sound good . Going to try sony hybrid and see what happens.post #1555 of 19273/22/13 at 8:26amQuote:
I feel like as this thread goes on, the burn-in times just keep increasing and increasing, we're up to 500 hours now! This is going to be a real challenge to my patience when my 80s come inpost #1556 of 19273/22/13 at 11:12ampost #1557 of 19273/22/13 at 12:04pmpost #1558 of 19273/22/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Let me know what you think of the hybrids. I really like the sony hybrids for most of my IEM's.post #1559 of 19273/22/13 at 1:55pmpost #1560 of 19273/22/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
Ha! That post shows them on the fxd80, but not how you got them on lol!
I don't have the sony hybrids any more, but I do have gr07 hybrids, but there is NO way they are getting onto the 70's. I just tried getting the mh1c tips onto the 70's, and that is an exercise in futility as well. I have no idea how you did that.
Edit: I have had luck getting the my1c tips and my eb750 tips on now (by folding back the tip so that the "shaft" or whatever it is called is exposed, and then ramming the 70 into it). So we're on our way testing different tips on the 70's :)
Edit2: Using the eb750 tips, and this is breathing new life into the 70's for me. I didn't really like using the r1 foam tips on them because they didn't stay in very well and they were itchy. But with these eb750 tips, they are staying in deeply, staying in well (over ears though), and seem to be providing a good seal. The sound is very nice and detailed, and seem to have a fair amount of bass (the E12 is helping there). And for some reason, they are not sounding harsh or sibilant like I recall them being without the foam tips. Having said that, I hardly tip rolled at all because I couldn't get any other tips onto them. So this is very cool. I'm thinking that I might have to pull these 70's off of the "for sale" market!
Edited by waynes world - 3/22/13 at 2:31pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Why are masters so different? 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...