I agree that stock tips sound excellent. But small size isn't tight enough for me and highs sound fatiguing + bass loses its punch. Medium size sound excellent, but they are a little big for my ears and i feel pain after using 15 mins. :((((
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear Headphones 200€ Help Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If same price, how to compare JVC HA-FXD70 vs HA-FXD60 vs HA-FX40? Last post on 9/10/12 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want: creative aurvana live, Carbo tenore, fxd-80, mdr-1r or re-400. Trading Vsonic GR02 Be,... Last post on 6/15/13 at 5:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
DUNU TITAN 3 Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807020/dunu-titan-3-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU’s Middle...
Thanks to Meze for allowing me to spend a week with these gorgeous headphones; it was a great listen!! And my apologies for taking a year to get something published regarding my impressions but...
Review: Massdrop X HIFIMAN HE350 Introduction It has been such a vibrant time in the Massdrop landscape, as they have been able to create successful collaborations with respected...
INTRODUCTION This is my 2nd product from Shozy. I purchased Shozy Alien Gold Edition and loved the product so much so that I put my sincere appreciation of releasing such a great DAP to...
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 - Page 104
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1547 of 19223/21/13 at 10:53ampost #1548 of 19223/21/13 at 11:04ampost #1549 of 19223/21/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
For me it's somewhere between shallow and medium, but definitely doesn't have to be a deep insertion to achieve the best results ;)post #1550 of 19223/21/13 at 12:34pmpost #1551 of 19223/21/13 at 3:52pmpost #1552 of 19223/21/13 at 10:24pm
I managed somehow to get the sony hybrid tips to fit on my 80's. Out of all the tips I tried, the hybrids gives me the best SQ in bass, mids and highs. The seal I get with these is awesome.post #1553 of 19223/21/13 at 11:27pmpost #1554 of 19223/22/13 at 7:12amWayne burn in your 70 for 350 more hrs they shine to there full potential then. I just had a listen to my 80 yesterday and I think they finally settled down from being burn in for 500 hrs. And damn do they sound good . Going to try sony hybrid and see what happens.post #1555 of 19223/22/13 at 8:26amQuote:
I feel like as this thread goes on, the burn-in times just keep increasing and increasing, we're up to 500 hours now! This is going to be a real challenge to my patience when my 80s come inpost #1556 of 19223/22/13 at 11:12ampost #1557 of 19223/22/13 at 12:04pmpost #1558 of 19223/22/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Let me know what you think of the hybrids. I really like the sony hybrids for most of my IEM's.post #1559 of 19223/22/13 at 1:55pmpost #1560 of 19223/22/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
Ha! That post shows them on the fxd80, but not how you got them on lol!
I don't have the sony hybrids any more, but I do have gr07 hybrids, but there is NO way they are getting onto the 70's. I just tried getting the mh1c tips onto the 70's, and that is an exercise in futility as well. I have no idea how you did that.
Edit: I have had luck getting the my1c tips and my eb750 tips on now (by folding back the tip so that the "shaft" or whatever it is called is exposed, and then ramming the 70 into it). So we're on our way testing different tips on the 70's :)
Edit2: Using the eb750 tips, and this is breathing new life into the 70's for me. I didn't really like using the r1 foam tips on them because they didn't stay in very well and they were itchy. But with these eb750 tips, they are staying in deeply, staying in well (over ears though), and seem to be providing a good seal. The sound is very nice and detailed, and seem to have a fair amount of bass (the E12 is helping there). And for some reason, they are not sounding harsh or sibilant like I recall them being without the foam tips. Having said that, I hardly tip rolled at all because I couldn't get any other tips onto them. So this is very cool. I'm thinking that I might have to pull these 70's off of the "for sale" market!
Edited by waynes world - 3/22/13 at 2:31pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 41 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 2 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless: First Impressions and... 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Meze 99 Classics by s1rrah
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse