- 14 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Right Under The Retarded Rainbow
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650 vs HE-300/400 Last post on 7/24/14 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for around $500 for Jazz Last post on 5/1/14 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD-650 vs HE-500 vs HE-400i vs HD-598 Last post on 4/29/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also, when did you get your HE400? Is it the revision?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:38pm
HOLY BUTTS I'M ON IT
I got my pair about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if these are the revised version or not.
But yes, you definitely want the velours. It's like lifting the veil. Its pretty damn noticable.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:47pm
Let me know how you like it with the velour pads RU
sigh, if I were to get the HE-400 I need to get a new amp too (which would most likely be the Asgard) unless anyone else have suggestions for a SS amp around that price range?
What I was planning to do was to buy a cheap DAC and have my ps3 connected to that.
So my tv rig would be: PS3--(unknown DAC)--Schiit Valhalla--DT880/HD650
and my PC rig would be: PC--Bifrost--(SS amp)--DT880/HD650/(HE-400 or HE-500)
I really am going on a downward spiral with head-fi, just a year ago I was just using the HD280 out of my pc :(
Now you hate us but after you hear HE-400 you will hate yourself asking why it took you so long to do it but on tthe other side it may do you an extra benefit cause you will decide to sell some headphones from your collection
Hey Oleg you still have your HE400s right? For some reason I thought you sold yours after you bought the D5000s.
No I returned them back and now own D7000 and D600 for portable use but still if my budget wouldn't allow me to upgrade I would keep HE-400, I can't go back to HD650 anymore
I own both the HD650s and the HE-400s, and I actually prefer the HD650s over the HE-400s. I think it really depends on what you're looking for in a headphone. If you want rich, deep, sound then the HD650s is the way to go. If you want clarity, neutrality and a larger soundstage, then the HE-400s is your best bet.
I'd also like to point out that both of these headphones aren't very "quick" and engaging, so if you're looking for something for a genre like death metal then these headphones just about suck
I think this is exactly opposite of the way my ears interpret the two. Velours, velours , velours will show you the light.
- Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 17 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 33 seconds ago
- › I got a Denon AVR-2802 for free. Worth building a system around it? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)