- 14 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Right Under The Retarded Rainbow
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading from HD598 Last post on Yesterday at 10:13 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy headphones? Last post on 1/4/14 at 7:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparable to a HE-400 Last post on 12/15/13 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) Last post on 12/16/13 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trade: Sennhesier HD650 for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 11/12/13 at 1:12am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400 - Page 8post #106 of 1248/5/12 at 3:31pmPleather
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1248/5/12 at 3:34pmpost #108 of 1248/5/12 at 3:36pmVelours will add new life to those HE400s. Trust me on this. I'm skeptical about swapping, but this one is a MUST have.
Also, when did you get your HE400? Is it the revision?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:38pmpost #109 of 1248/5/12 at 3:43pm
HOLY BUTTS I'M ON IT
I got my pair about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if these are the revised version or not.post #110 of 1248/5/12 at 3:46pmIf the cable terminates into a 3.5mm plug with a 6.3mm (1/4") adapter, you have the revision. Also, the metal holding the cups is textured and not super smooth like before.
But yes, you definitely want the velours. It's like lifting the veil. Its pretty damn noticable.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:47pmpost #111 of 1248/5/12 at 3:56pm
Let me know how you like it with the velour pads RU
sigh, if I were to get the HE-400 I need to get a new amp too (which would most likely be the Asgard) unless anyone else have suggestions for a SS amp around that price range?
What I was planning to do was to buy a cheap DAC and have my ps3 connected to that.
So my tv rig would be: PS3--(unknown DAC)--Schiit Valhalla--DT880/HD650
and my PC rig would be: PC--Bifrost--(SS amp)--DT880/HD650/(HE-400 or HE-500)
I really am going on a downward spiral with head-fi, just a year ago I was just using the HD280 out of my pc :(post #112 of 1248/5/12 at 4:05pmpost #113 of 1248/5/12 at 4:14pmQuote:
Now you hate us but after you hear HE-400 you will hate yourself asking why it took you so long to do it but on tthe other side it may do you an extra benefit cause you will decide to sell some headphones from your collectionpost #114 of 1248/5/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
Hey Oleg you still have your HE400s right? For some reason I thought you sold yours after you bought the D5000s.post #115 of 1248/5/12 at 4:35pmpost #116 of 1248/5/12 at 5:12pmQuote:
No I returned them back and now own D7000 and D600 for portable use but still if my budget wouldn't allow me to upgrade I would keep HE-400, I can't go back to HD650 anymorepost #117 of 1248/5/12 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Retarded Unicorn
I own both the HD650s and the HE-400s, and I actually prefer the HD650s over the HE-400s. I think it really depends on what you're looking for in a headphone. If you want rich, deep, sound then the HD650s is the way to go. If you want clarity, neutrality and a larger soundstage, then the HE-400s is your best bet.
I'd also like to point out that both of these headphones aren't very "quick" and engaging, so if you're looking for something for a genre like death metal then these headphones just about suck
I think this is exactly opposite of the way my ears interpret the two. Velours, velours , velours will show you the light.post #118 of 1248/5/12 at 8:25pmpost #119 of 1248/13/12 at 4:34ampost #120 of 1248/13/12 at 2:58pm
- Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--first arrivals on page 19, first... 4 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha Dog or the M100 2 minutes ago
- › Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica headphone stands 3 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude