- 14 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Right Under The Retarded Rainbow
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading from HD598 Last post on Yesterday at 1:33 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy headphones? Last post on 1/4/14 at 7:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparable to a HE-400 Last post on 12/15/13 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) Last post on 12/16/13 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trade: Sennhesier HD650 for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 11/12/13 at 1:12am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400 - Page 8post #106 of 1248/5/12 at 3:31pmPleather
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1248/5/12 at 3:34pmpost #108 of 1248/5/12 at 3:36pmVelours will add new life to those HE400s. Trust me on this. I'm skeptical about swapping, but this one is a MUST have.
Also, when did you get your HE400? Is it the revision?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:38pmpost #109 of 1248/5/12 at 3:43pm
HOLY BUTTS I'M ON IT
I got my pair about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if these are the revised version or not.post #110 of 1248/5/12 at 3:46pmIf the cable terminates into a 3.5mm plug with a 6.3mm (1/4") adapter, you have the revision. Also, the metal holding the cups is textured and not super smooth like before.
But yes, you definitely want the velours. It's like lifting the veil. Its pretty damn noticable.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:47pmpost #111 of 1248/5/12 at 3:56pm
Let me know how you like it with the velour pads RU
sigh, if I were to get the HE-400 I need to get a new amp too (which would most likely be the Asgard) unless anyone else have suggestions for a SS amp around that price range?
What I was planning to do was to buy a cheap DAC and have my ps3 connected to that.
So my tv rig would be: PS3--(unknown DAC)--Schiit Valhalla--DT880/HD650
and my PC rig would be: PC--Bifrost--(SS amp)--DT880/HD650/(HE-400 or HE-500)
I really am going on a downward spiral with head-fi, just a year ago I was just using the HD280 out of my pc :(post #112 of 1248/5/12 at 4:05pmpost #113 of 1248/5/12 at 4:14pmQuote:
Now you hate us but after you hear HE-400 you will hate yourself asking why it took you so long to do it but on tthe other side it may do you an extra benefit cause you will decide to sell some headphones from your collectionpost #114 of 1248/5/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
Hey Oleg you still have your HE400s right? For some reason I thought you sold yours after you bought the D5000s.post #115 of 1248/5/12 at 4:35pmpost #116 of 1248/5/12 at 5:12pmQuote:
No I returned them back and now own D7000 and D600 for portable use but still if my budget wouldn't allow me to upgrade I would keep HE-400, I can't go back to HD650 anymorepost #117 of 1248/5/12 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Retarded Unicorn
I own both the HD650s and the HE-400s, and I actually prefer the HD650s over the HE-400s. I think it really depends on what you're looking for in a headphone. If you want rich, deep, sound then the HD650s is the way to go. If you want clarity, neutrality and a larger soundstage, then the HE-400s is your best bet.
I'd also like to point out that both of these headphones aren't very "quick" and engaging, so if you're looking for something for a genre like death metal then these headphones just about suck
I think this is exactly opposite of the way my ears interpret the two. Velours, velours , velours will show you the light.post #118 of 1248/5/12 at 8:25pmpost #119 of 1248/13/12 at 4:34ampost #120 of 1248/13/12 at 2:58pm
- Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FS: Moon-Audio JH3A Cable for JH16 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Portable amps on airplanes 4 minutes ago
- › Amp/DAC for the LCD-X --- just to nail it, I already did my research 5 minutes ago
- › iPod Classic 7th Generation (160GB) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 8 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Noble 4 Universal... 8 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 9 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 9 minutes ago
- › SHiDiYa PRaPa iNTeR CaST LoVe MaRRiAgE +91- 9829663189 10 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude