- 14 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Right Under The Retarded Rainbow
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!! Last post on 2/10/15 at 12:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 Last post on 2/1/15 at 3:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT880 to what? Last post on 1/8/15 at 11:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 1/15/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also, when did you get your HE400? Is it the revision?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:38pm
HOLY BUTTS I'M ON IT
I got my pair about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if these are the revised version or not.
But yes, you definitely want the velours. It's like lifting the veil. Its pretty damn noticable.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:47pm
Let me know how you like it with the velour pads RU
sigh, if I were to get the HE-400 I need to get a new amp too (which would most likely be the Asgard) unless anyone else have suggestions for a SS amp around that price range?
What I was planning to do was to buy a cheap DAC and have my ps3 connected to that.
So my tv rig would be: PS3--(unknown DAC)--Schiit Valhalla--DT880/HD650
and my PC rig would be: PC--Bifrost--(SS amp)--DT880/HD650/(HE-400 or HE-500)
I really am going on a downward spiral with head-fi, just a year ago I was just using the HD280 out of my pc :(
Now you hate us but after you hear HE-400 you will hate yourself asking why it took you so long to do it but on tthe other side it may do you an extra benefit cause you will decide to sell some headphones from your collection
Hey Oleg you still have your HE400s right? For some reason I thought you sold yours after you bought the D5000s.
No I returned them back and now own D7000 and D600 for portable use but still if my budget wouldn't allow me to upgrade I would keep HE-400, I can't go back to HD650 anymore
I own both the HD650s and the HE-400s, and I actually prefer the HD650s over the HE-400s. I think it really depends on what you're looking for in a headphone. If you want rich, deep, sound then the HD650s is the way to go. If you want clarity, neutrality and a larger soundstage, then the HE-400s is your best bet.
I'd also like to point out that both of these headphones aren't very "quick" and engaging, so if you're looking for something for a genre like death metal then these headphones just about suck
I think this is exactly opposite of the way my ears interpret the two. Velours, velours , velours will show you the light.
- Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 24 seconds ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 32 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Help to choose headphone. Alternative to P7? Pair with DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2