- 14 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Right Under The Retarded Rainbow
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650 vs HE-300/400 Last post on 7/24/14 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for around $500 for Jazz Last post on 5/1/14 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD-650 vs HE-500 vs HE-400i vs HD-598 Last post on 4/29/14 at 7:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also, when did you get your HE400? Is it the revision?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:38pm
HOLY BUTTS I'M ON IT
I got my pair about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if these are the revised version or not.
But yes, you definitely want the velours. It's like lifting the veil. Its pretty damn noticable.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:47pm
Let me know how you like it with the velour pads RU
sigh, if I were to get the HE-400 I need to get a new amp too (which would most likely be the Asgard) unless anyone else have suggestions for a SS amp around that price range?
What I was planning to do was to buy a cheap DAC and have my ps3 connected to that.
So my tv rig would be: PS3--(unknown DAC)--Schiit Valhalla--DT880/HD650
and my PC rig would be: PC--Bifrost--(SS amp)--DT880/HD650/(HE-400 or HE-500)
I really am going on a downward spiral with head-fi, just a year ago I was just using the HD280 out of my pc :(
Now you hate us but after you hear HE-400 you will hate yourself asking why it took you so long to do it but on tthe other side it may do you an extra benefit cause you will decide to sell some headphones from your collection
Hey Oleg you still have your HE400s right? For some reason I thought you sold yours after you bought the D5000s.
No I returned them back and now own D7000 and D600 for portable use but still if my budget wouldn't allow me to upgrade I would keep HE-400, I can't go back to HD650 anymore
I own both the HD650s and the HE-400s, and I actually prefer the HD650s over the HE-400s. I think it really depends on what you're looking for in a headphone. If you want rich, deep, sound then the HD650s is the way to go. If you want clarity, neutrality and a larger soundstage, then the HE-400s is your best bet.
I'd also like to point out that both of these headphones aren't very "quick" and engaging, so if you're looking for something for a genre like death metal then these headphones just about suck
I think this is exactly opposite of the way my ears interpret the two. Velours, velours , velours will show you the light.
- Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 52 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol) 6 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)