- 14 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Right Under The Retarded Rainbow
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) Last post on Today at 3:05 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trade: Sennhesier HD650 for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 11/12/13 at 1:12am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- **The Perfect Headphone** Last post on 11/14/13 at 1:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 650 ( interested in your HE-400 ) Last post on 10/16/13 at 2:35am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need recommendations for AMP + Headphone combination Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400 - Page 8post #106 of 1248/5/12 at 3:31pmPleather
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1248/5/12 at 3:34pmpost #108 of 1248/5/12 at 3:36pmVelours will add new life to those HE400s. Trust me on this. I'm skeptical about swapping, but this one is a MUST have.
Also, when did you get your HE400? Is it the revision?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:38pmpost #109 of 1248/5/12 at 3:43pm
HOLY BUTTS I'M ON IT
I got my pair about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if these are the revised version or not.post #110 of 1248/5/12 at 3:46pmIf the cable terminates into a 3.5mm plug with a 6.3mm (1/4") adapter, you have the revision. Also, the metal holding the cups is textured and not super smooth like before.
But yes, you definitely want the velours. It's like lifting the veil. Its pretty damn noticable.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:47pmpost #111 of 1248/5/12 at 3:56pm
Let me know how you like it with the velour pads RU
sigh, if I were to get the HE-400 I need to get a new amp too (which would most likely be the Asgard) unless anyone else have suggestions for a SS amp around that price range?
What I was planning to do was to buy a cheap DAC and have my ps3 connected to that.
So my tv rig would be: PS3--(unknown DAC)--Schiit Valhalla--DT880/HD650
and my PC rig would be: PC--Bifrost--(SS amp)--DT880/HD650/(HE-400 or HE-500)
I really am going on a downward spiral with head-fi, just a year ago I was just using the HD280 out of my pc :(post #112 of 1248/5/12 at 4:05pmpost #113 of 1248/5/12 at 4:14pmQuote:
Now you hate us but after you hear HE-400 you will hate yourself asking why it took you so long to do it but on tthe other side it may do you an extra benefit cause you will decide to sell some headphones from your collectionpost #114 of 1248/5/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
Hey Oleg you still have your HE400s right? For some reason I thought you sold yours after you bought the D5000s.post #115 of 1248/5/12 at 4:35pmpost #116 of 1248/5/12 at 5:12pmQuote:
No I returned them back and now own D7000 and D600 for portable use but still if my budget wouldn't allow me to upgrade I would keep HE-400, I can't go back to HD650 anymorepost #117 of 1248/5/12 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Retarded Unicorn
I own both the HD650s and the HE-400s, and I actually prefer the HD650s over the HE-400s. I think it really depends on what you're looking for in a headphone. If you want rich, deep, sound then the HD650s is the way to go. If you want clarity, neutrality and a larger soundstage, then the HE-400s is your best bet.
I'd also like to point out that both of these headphones aren't very "quick" and engaging, so if you're looking for something for a genre like death metal then these headphones just about suck
I think this is exactly opposite of the way my ears interpret the two. Velours, velours , velours will show you the light.post #118 of 1248/5/12 at 8:25pmpost #119 of 1248/13/12 at 4:34ampost #120 of 1248/13/12 at 2:58pm
- Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 21 seconds ago
- › Grado 325is and PS500 41 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 50 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › ECP Audio - DSHA-1, L-2, Black Diamond 1 minute ago
- › Need help purchasing Ear Zonk G Cushions in Canada 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi