- 14 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Right Under The Retarded Rainbow
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- fidelio x2 vs grado r2i vs he400 vs others(hd650,hd600,t700) HELP!!!! Last post on 4/17/15 at 5:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 Last post on 2/1/15 at 3:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT880 to what? Last post on 1/8/15 at 11:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 1/15/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Also, when did you get your HE400? Is it the revision?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:38pm
HOLY BUTTS I'M ON IT
I got my pair about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if these are the revised version or not.
But yes, you definitely want the velours. It's like lifting the veil. Its pretty damn noticable.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/5/12 at 3:47pm
Let me know how you like it with the velour pads RU
sigh, if I were to get the HE-400 I need to get a new amp too (which would most likely be the Asgard) unless anyone else have suggestions for a SS amp around that price range?
What I was planning to do was to buy a cheap DAC and have my ps3 connected to that.
So my tv rig would be: PS3--(unknown DAC)--Schiit Valhalla--DT880/HD650
and my PC rig would be: PC--Bifrost--(SS amp)--DT880/HD650/(HE-400 or HE-500)
I really am going on a downward spiral with head-fi, just a year ago I was just using the HD280 out of my pc :(
Now you hate us but after you hear HE-400 you will hate yourself asking why it took you so long to do it but on tthe other side it may do you an extra benefit cause you will decide to sell some headphones from your collection
Hey Oleg you still have your HE400s right? For some reason I thought you sold yours after you bought the D5000s.
No I returned them back and now own D7000 and D600 for portable use but still if my budget wouldn't allow me to upgrade I would keep HE-400, I can't go back to HD650 anymore
I own both the HD650s and the HE-400s, and I actually prefer the HD650s over the HE-400s. I think it really depends on what you're looking for in a headphone. If you want rich, deep, sound then the HD650s is the way to go. If you want clarity, neutrality and a larger soundstage, then the HE-400s is your best bet.
I'd also like to point out that both of these headphones aren't very "quick" and engaging, so if you're looking for something for a genre like death metal then these headphones just about suck
I think this is exactly opposite of the way my ears interpret the two. Velours, velours , velours will show you the light.
- Sennheiser hd-650 or Hifiman he-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › La Figaro 339 35 seconds ago
- › Are these the best ~$500 closed headphones for movies and gaming? 1 minute ago
- › Wireless Bluetooth headphones with good sound quality and good bass... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › THE FIRST REAL HIGH END ..........HP IN THE WORLD!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Dx90 Audio tuning issue 1to 90 volume could not hear able at... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3