how much of a difference is the weight between the normal and the silk cable? and are they both just as flexible?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on 4/8/14 at 7:17pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
Q Cable Appreciation Thread - Page 4post #47 of 3837/29/12 at 11:52pm
I have both and IMHO the weight difference is negligible and the flexibility the same (both being braided litz wire) Only the diameter is slightly wider and gives it a more substantial feel.post #48 of 3837/30/12 at 12:19ampost #49 of 3837/30/12 at 6:06ampost #50 of 3837/30/12 at 7:23amQuote:
Not from stock, no. But there's a real dark brown I've had my eye on. Just EMailed the US distributor to see if she might have some in stock. If not, it would take at least a month to get it from France (she only receives shipments once a month or so) if they have it in stock. Longer if they don't.
sepost #51 of 3837/30/12 at 10:25ampost #52 of 3837/30/12 at 12:33pmpost #53 of 3837/30/12 at 2:44pmQuote:
As it is now, Q is the actual company. What will happen is that The Audio Guild will become the actual company and Q will be a brand name under The Audio Guild, as will all subsequent ventures.
sepost #54 of 3838/12/12 at 9:04ampost #55 of 3838/12/12 at 9:39amQuote:
We haven't added them to the website yet. Just send me a PM.
sepost #56 of 3838/14/12 at 2:06pm
Is there something about the wiring that would prevent me from just removing the mini-xlr terminations and connecting the q-cable to a random headphone like say grados? Or I guess buying a new cable that doesn't have connections to the phones themselves?
post #57 of 3838/14/12 at 2:50pmQuote:
Yes, Steve uses litz cable. Each strand is insulated in a thin film. You won't just be able to solder it up like a regular wire. If your going to reuse the cable, then you need to buy a solder pot to tin the wires. Solder pots start around $141.post #58 of 3838/14/12 at 3:23pmQuote:
Yes, that would be easy enough to do provided you're able to get by using the pre-soldered ends that were removed from the mini-XLR's. Otherwise, if you need to trim one of the wires, then as Brian says, I recommend pre-tinning it using liquid flux and a proper solder pot. Technically the enamel insulation on the litz wires is "solderable," but if you just solder it in place, then all the residue from the insulation gunks up the solder joint. When tinning litz wire in a solder pot, you keep the wire moving so that the residue is left in a "snail trail" behind the wire so that when you come up out of the pot, you've got a nice clean tinned end.
sepost #59 of 3838/14/12 at 4:17pmReturn Home
- Q Cable Appreciation Thread
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Looking for an Over Ear, Open Headphone for Home PC use. 13 seconds ago
- › Shunyata or Siltech XLR interconnects 34 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 43 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones that are crystal clear 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DT 990 PRO 250 vs SoundMAGIC HP100 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude