how much of a difference is the weight between the normal and the silk cable? and are they both just as flexible?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- New Q French Silk Cable Last post on 1/15/13 at 3:29pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
Q Cable Appreciation Thread - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 3417/29/12 at 11:52pm
I have both and IMHO the weight difference is negligible and the flexibility the same (both being braided litz wire) Only the diameter is slightly wider and gives it a more substantial feel.post #48 of 3417/30/12 at 12:19ampost #49 of 3417/30/12 at 6:06ampost #50 of 3417/30/12 at 7:23amQuote:
Not from stock, no. But there's a real dark brown I've had my eye on. Just EMailed the US distributor to see if she might have some in stock. If not, it would take at least a month to get it from France (she only receives shipments once a month or so) if they have it in stock. Longer if they don't.
sepost #51 of 3417/30/12 at 10:25ampost #52 of 3417/30/12 at 12:33pmpost #53 of 3417/30/12 at 2:44pmQuote:
As it is now, Q is the actual company. What will happen is that The Audio Guild will become the actual company and Q will be a brand name under The Audio Guild, as will all subsequent ventures.
sepost #54 of 3418/12/12 at 9:04ampost #55 of 3418/12/12 at 9:39amQuote:
We haven't added them to the website yet. Just send me a PM.
sepost #56 of 3418/14/12 at 2:06pm
Is there something about the wiring that would prevent me from just removing the mini-xlr terminations and connecting the q-cable to a random headphone like say grados? Or I guess buying a new cable that doesn't have connections to the phones themselves?
post #57 of 3418/14/12 at 2:50pmQuote:
Yes, Steve uses litz cable. Each strand is insulated in a thin film. You won't just be able to solder it up like a regular wire. If your going to reuse the cable, then you need to buy a solder pot to tin the wires. Solder pots start around $141.post #58 of 3418/14/12 at 3:23pmQuote:
Yes, that would be easy enough to do provided you're able to get by using the pre-soldered ends that were removed from the mini-XLR's. Otherwise, if you need to trim one of the wires, then as Brian says, I recommend pre-tinning it using liquid flux and a proper solder pot. Technically the enamel insulation on the litz wires is "solderable," but if you just solder it in place, then all the residue from the insulation gunks up the solder joint. When tinning litz wire in a solder pot, you keep the wire moving so that the residue is left in a "snail trail" behind the wire so that when you come up out of the pot, you've got a nice clean tinned end.
sepost #59 of 3418/14/12 at 4:17pmReturn Home
- Q Cable Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 44 seconds ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 45 seconds ago
- › Is both a DAC and a dedicated audio sound card necessary? 1 minute ago
- › Grado sound + Bass 1 minute ago
- › FS: SONY MDR-R10 100% MINT barely used (Bass Heavy) [EU] 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with my setup (loud white noise) 2 minutes ago
- › Amp or DAC? Which to buy first for HD 600 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe