Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06

post #1 of 394
Thread Starter 

Well thats it, I'm finished. I found the PERFECT Iem for me...I own all the Vsonic's except for the 07, and the GR02 hit's the spot just perfect.  I've tried a lot of different iems, at least 50 and these are perfect.  I like these even better then the GR06,

Here's how I think they sound.  Take the GR06, pull the mids back one step, still with the same clarity and detail, add more bass punch and depth with the same definition, keep the treble the same but less grainy at the very end of  while maintaining a more 3-D soundstage...I think I could compare it to Jokers review of the Cyclone, tho I've not heard that one.

 Is it quite as sweet as the GR06, No, Very Close tho...Imo it works a lot better at a wider range of music.

 

They come with the exact extras the GR06 come with, It cost me $37 shipped from China, The GR06 is only $25 or more, is the jump worth it, Maybe?  I don't think anyone wouldn't be happy with the GR02, it doesn't do any wrong and does everything quite well..

 

Note: These are the New version, not the old....So if you look for a better review make sure it's for the right model...

post #2 of 394
Have you tried the GR02 flagship?

What do you think of those?
post #3 of 394
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

Have you tried the GR02 flagship?
What do you think of those?

It's the Same ones I'm talking about, just a few sellers are calling them " Flagship" But that's how Vsonic does it's naming, hard to keep track of all the names....Here's the exact ones I ordered This seller as well:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-ProII-Silver-Cable-Flagship-Edition-Low-Frequency-IEM-Earphone-/380376622782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589036a6be

post #4 of 394

And it is really a better sound than GR06?

 

The price isn't bad, and i want to try a Vsonic, but it's impossible to know which. Their naming convention is impossible.

post #5 of 394

You forgot to finish your title: "I'm Done..."

 

with "until my next paycheck".

post #6 of 394
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkyballz View Post

You forgot to finish your title: "I'm Done..."

 

with "until my next paycheck".


LOL, No I'm really done...Well, until the GR07 goes to $95, which is Rumored...I might bite then....I'm very low to mid-fi so spending crazy money is hard to do for me..

The GR02 hit the sweet spot for me, it's my sound sig for sure..I have the GR99, 04, 06 as well, which are all great, but just different..

post #7 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman74 View Post


LOL, No I'm really done...Well, until the GR07 goes to $95, which is Rumored...I might bite then....I'm very low to mid-fi so spending crazy money is hard to do for me..

The GR02 hit the sweet spot for me, it's my sound sig for sure..I have the GR99, 04, 06 as well, which are all great, but just different..

Whaaaaat, $95?  That would be ridiculous...

post #8 of 394
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Whaaaaat, $95?  That would be ridiculous...


Yeah the new "Flagship Edition" is coming in June, so my guess the old 07 goes down just like the Gr04 did when that " Flagship" came out.


Edited by Magicman74 - 5/11/12 at 12:28am
post #9 of 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman74 View Post


Yeah the new "Flagship Edition" is coming in June, so my guess the old 07 goes down just like the Gr04 did when that " Flagship" came out.

 

It won't. They said the prices will remain the same.

post #10 of 394

dang was hoping the GR07's get cheaper :(

post #11 of 394
Would these also be the same as the R02 Pro available on Amazon? I intend to pull the trigger...let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Vsonc+gr02
post #12 of 394
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Randy View Post

Would these also be the same as the R02 Pro available on Amazon? I intend to pull the trigger...let me know.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Vsonc+gr02

If the Pictures on Amazon are correct, those are the old version and not as good as the new ones.

You can also buy from here, They are $16.34

http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/search-0.html?key=vsonic

post #13 of 394

Which one on that site is the current gr02? I can't tell which is which. How much is shipping?

post #14 of 394
post #15 of 394

Got mine today. It's hard to find any fault with them. A bit more bass, perhaps? 

 

A great bargain at the price, surely. Magician, I thank thee!

 

 

Update:

I just switched to medium single-flanges, and the bass got a very pleasant boost. Perfect.


Edited by Rainbow Randy - 5/16/12 at 11:47am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06